Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 04:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times

Advertisements

The funny thing is, the presidents who took the least vacation time in recent years are Carter and Clinton, both southern Democrats.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:39 PM

180 posts, read 188,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Not really. ALL previous Presidents were proud OF America.
Why? Because they were white?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:58 PM

563 posts, read 518,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GALiberal View Post
Why? Because they were white?
Really? Did you really go there? The racist card? How about they were all proud to be American. They weren't afraid to do things even if it meant upsetting a few countries, do nothing at all for their country and then go on vacation cause of being overworked.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
They're back. Is everybody happy? Talk about "Much Ado About Nothing"!

First Family Wraps Up Packed Maine Holiday : NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123070898 - broken link)

Old 07-18-2010, 11:57 PM

372 posts, read 220,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
DUH.....President Obama and his family left Washington Friday for a weekend getaway to Maine.
Impeach him now LOL!
How many dozens of times did will hear this pantload of a POTUS say he would not rest until this is done or that is accomplished???

Well, I guess he doesn't considering squandering the people's hard-earned treasure on the life of Riley on vacations and lavish parties as "resting".

What a piece of unadulterated feces.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:59 PM

372 posts, read 220,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The funny thing is, the presidents who took the least vacation time in recent years are Carter and Clinton, both southern Democrats.
Too bad, it would have been far better if they were gone for the duration.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
LBJ, JFK, both Bush's, and Reagan all came from money and had large compounds or ranches to go to for a little down time. The current president doesn't own a get-away place so his down time is going to look different. If this is such a huge issue with conservatives I suggest they start a movement to get the laws changed and have presidential vacations set in stone. Maybe chain them to their White House desks like slaves with no breaks except to go to the bathroom---that's how stupid whole topic is. No president, no matter where in the world they are, is "off duty."
It’s the hypocrisy that gets to me. They didn’t throw tantrums when Bush took 127 days per year off (that’s over 3 complete and total months).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
maybe we should make it a law that POTUS can't take vacations. every POTUS in the past has vacationed while people were hungry and out of work
Heck from pms post, no one should ever be allowed to take one day off from work, not even her poppy. So sorry, but Unions fought for 40 hour work weeks.

Funny how no one whined about Bush’s vacations and he’s the one who caused the mess we’re in today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
There is no current crisis? Really? Our economy is so great right now that hundreds or thousdans of people walk on egg shells each day hoping they do not lose their jobs. We are getting weaker and weaker every day as a country, but nothing major. We put the feelings of other nationalities before our own, but hey, we are doing A-OK, lets take a vacation it's Miller Time.

As far as the floods, was Bush supposed to get a raft and float around? Now nobody cried louder than I when Bush took all of his vacations, but everyone seems to justify it because Bush did.
Easy to say now, isn’t it, after the fact when there is no proof that you’re being honest.
It’s a weekend. Do you work every weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefAreCoolToo View Post
24/7 huh..

my job required me 12 hrs /5 and home required me rest of my time. I sleep maybe 5-6 hours daily. ...who will pay for my food mortgage or bills if I take vacations (3times in 80 days)???? Also as a President, you do not take vacation when you have a crisis on hand..come on people!

I would get fired if I take vacation when I have project on deadline...

We should give them Military boys a few days off and send you guys there..how about that?
So, weekends are vacations now?

Want to talk about military time off? They get ½ day a week for family time; they get a 4 day weekend once a month; they get 30 days vacation time a year; they get block leave. They don’t get charged time for medical/ dental appointments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
George W. Bush (or other conservatives) do no such thing. Forget about the trips he made every other week to the ranch.
Well, Cheney was running the country anyway.

Quote:
Really? Did you really go there? The racist card? How about they were all proud to be American. They weren't afraid to do things even if it meant upsetting a few countries, do nothing at all for their country and then go on vacation cause of being overworked.
So tell me, then, why is Obama not proud to be American?
Your opinion? Hahahahaha.
What’s the difference between Obama and all of the other presidents before him, he’s black.
I can see no other reason than that for your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyapproved View Post
How many dozens of times did will hear this pantload of a POTUS say he would not rest until this is done or that is accomplished???

Well, I guess he doesn't considering squandering the people's hard-earned treasure on the life of Riley on vacations and lavish parties as "resting".

What a piece of unadulterated feces.
A little partisan, I see.
What about Bush’s 1,022 days off, that’s 127 days (over 3 months) per year.
Did you whine about him?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:33 AM

180 posts, read 188,515 times
Quote:
Yes, I went there. I thought about the differences between Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan and there is one obvious difference and it has nothing to do with policy. Obama's policy is not much different than the others especially Clinton but the reaction to his Presidency is like night and day. Are you telling me that there isn't a certain element on the right that associates Americanism (and therefore patriotism, love of country, etc) with whiteness? Hence why they "want their country back". Dark skin is associated with being unpatriotic and down right un-American.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:37 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Just curious. Have the Obamas ever vacationed back at their home in Chicago? They still own that home, right? Has Obama been back to Chicago at all since he's been President? I'm trying to remember if the Clintons ever went back to Arkansas during his presidency. For some reason, I don't think so. I know Bush 43 went home to Texas all the time and I'm pretty sure Bush 41 went home to Maine and Reagan went home to his California ranch occasionally during their presidencies when they went on vacation.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:08 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
And no one said that Main was a republican hotbed but that it is the vacationland of the Bush Family and has been for many many years.
And that means that no one else can go there????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies