Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 01:16 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
You guys keep harping on this. No one has said that President Obama can take almost as many vacation days as Bush took and it's "ok."

People are just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Right calling for President Obama's impeachment every time he hits a golf ball or watches a concert when they weren't doing the same for "their" guy over the last 8 years. President G.W. Bush set an all time high for days out of the White House. If you weren't loudly complaining then, then you shouldn't be complaining now when President Obama takes a weekend out of the White House with his family.
well no one was in danger of losing their jobs then so nobody really cared what the potus was doing

Old 07-19-2010, 01:16 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,829,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Seriously? You really think this doesn't happen? Which reality are you currently living in

And I don't know, maybe it's just me, but if I was in danger of losing my job it wouldn't have made me feel any better to know that the president slept in his own bed this weekend. Maybe we should just make him work 24 hours a day....oh but wait we'll also need to make sure all of our senators, congressmen and governors do the same....anyone know what you local government was doing this weekend?
You dont seem to think that is going to cause people to grow resentment towards Obama or " the boss"

So because you dont feel a certain way means that others cant? You cant really see how its causing people to get upset? Seriously, oh well just because you cant doesnt mean it isnt happening.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:19 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,829,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
You guys keep harping on this. No one has said that President Obama can take almost as many vacation days as Bush took and it's "ok."

People are just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Right calling for President Obama's impeachment every time he hits a golf ball or watches a concert when they weren't doing the same for "their" guy over the last 8 years. President G.W. Bush set an all time high for days out of the White House. If you weren't loudly complaining then, then you shouldn't be complaining now when President Obama takes a weekend out of the White House with his family.
What was the unemployment rate for Bushs 1st 18 mths in office? What is it with Obama in office? Is Obama not the one telling us how terrible the economy is?

I am pointing out the hypocrisy from both sides because I didnt vote for Bush.

Who said anything about impeachment thats a bit dramatic.

People are making excuses for Obama.

Guess I can complain now since I was complaining then. Guess you should tell those that were complaining then they should be complaining now.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:25 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
What was the unemployment rate for Bushs 1st 18 mths in office? What is it with Obama in office? Is Obama not the one telling us how terrible the economy is?

Guess I can complain now since I was complaining then. Guess you should tell those that were complaining then they should be complaining now.
What exactly are you complaining about? Are you upset that the President took a couple of days to devote to his family? Are you saying that the President shouldn't take a break now and then? Should he be in his office from 5 am to 10 pm seven days a week? Is that what people think?

Old 07-19-2010, 01:25 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times
Quote:
You dont seem to think that is going to cause people to grow resentment towards Obama or " the boss"

So because you dont feel a certain way means that others cant?
You cant really see how its causing people to get upset? Seriously, oh well just because you cant doesnt mean it isnt happening.
I love when people put words in my posts Did I say that you couldn't feel one way or the other about the issue? I simply said if my job were in danger, knowing that Obama was sitting at home last weekend would not have given me any comfort. It's not like he was going to spend the weekend in the oval office with members of congress. Chances are he still would have spent time with his family

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-19-2010 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Deleted something I added -- sorry.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:09 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,293,637 times
Quote:

You know what? That is the most acceptable response that I have heard in awhile. It just irkes the hell out of me that all of the sudden people are protesting government spending and everything else now and did not udder a peep for the last 8 years. The way that I feel is that at least you are consistant

Old 07-19-2010, 04:12 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,809,063 times
Since the First Family is back home again and there's really not much to discuss at this point, I'm closing this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.