Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 01:31 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times

Advertisements

Surely it's in a patient's best interests to have computerized records that can follow them if/when they change doctors. Currently so much background info gets lost because records don't follow you and if they do nobody can read the other doctor's scrawl and cryptic notes. It's YOUR medical record - not the doctor's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 01:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
My dentist moved to a city with illegal aliens out the Moderator cut: language about 2004 because he wanted to collect all that cash from them. He hasn't worked through insurance companies in more than 10 years. They send your bill to the company but expect cash for services rendered by everybody he tends to. I like him and stayed with him. My wife didn't like to play that game so she changed dentists.
I wouldn't pay for insurance and then go to someone who won't take it.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-18-2010 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 07-17-2010, 01:36 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
don't doctors work in ER? some doctors work in the ER as well, and some of those doctors may quit just for the same reasons as the OP.

I know the difference between a hospital visit and a doctor's visit; doesn't matter because insurance is the issue. Whether an ER or a routine check up, insurance is involved at some point.

Oh really? Tell that to the many Americans who are still paying on medical bills where the hospitals won't budge on the cost.

40% haha. That's a dream. Even some insurance policies won't cut a ER bill by that much.

And yes, I know many people who have paid what is billed on a hospital bill because the HOSPITAL didn't budge on the cost, or their insurance didn't cover nearly enough to make a dent in the cost.

My aunt, till this day is paying on a bill from the hospital for her husband who passed away over 2 years ago. He was hospitalized for nearly a year, and the insurance RAN out. she had to cover the rest on her own, even his life insurance policy couldn't cover the cost of the hospital bills. She had to sell their home (losing nearly $50,000 in the process), in order to pay down the cost, and she's still in debit of over $80,000
You are so right. We are still paying off my husband's medical bills from 5 years ago and will be paying for some time to come. The hospital wouldn't budge on the payment. They did "allow" us to have a payment plan. Over time my husband did negotiate the monthly payment down to 20.00. Nothing off the bill but it will be a long time before they get all their money.

My father-in-law paid for my late mother-in-law's cancer surgery for 5 years after she died. My ex-husband, their son, is a lawyer and couldn't get them to negotiate the price down.

Apparently we all live in the wrong place.

Old 07-17-2010, 01:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Chickens, he pays with chickens.
Lowden Plan Medical Chicken Calculator
I wish I could rep you again!

Old 07-17-2010, 01:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
I think that I mentioned in the OP that this requirement for electronic record keeping came in the Stimulus Act and not in the Obamacare act, where you would think it might appear.

Now I wonder what new thing will show up in Obamacare and what really different things will show up in the Financial Reform bill from Thursday.

Ain't it funny what new things show up in the over 2000 page bills of the present Congress? So many goodies hidden in the bills that they have to pass to find out what is in them, according to Nasty Nancy.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:02 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I am honest, how dare you. Do you hae a problem because perhaps my doctors have no problem telling their patients the reasons they choose to retire and that they would rather have stayed in practice another 15 yrs?

Another 15 years? What's the matter? IF Obama's really so bad and is making unwanted changes, no faith things will be different in 15 years?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-18-2010 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: Deleted off topic comments

Old 07-17-2010, 06:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Surely it's in a patient's best interests to have computerized records that can follow them if/when they change doctors. Currently so much background info gets lost because records don't follow you and if they do nobody can read the other doctor's scrawl and cryptic notes. It's YOUR medical record - not the doctor's.
When its online, it is anybody's record.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I wouldn't pay for insurance and then go to someone who won't take it.
I didn't have dental insurance till about 3 years ago and tried it to find that it saves me lots of money. I pay him cash each trip and then the insurance company pays me whatever they would have payed him. Of course, my most expensive dental costs would never be paid for by any dental insurance. Things like crowns and implants have to come out of pocket, but then I save a lot of money with the insurance.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
When its online, it is anybody's record.
Just what I said. I don't want some half-Moderator cut: language bureaucrat to be able to look in on my medical records but that is what is coming.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-18-2010 at 01:20 AM..

Old 07-17-2010, 08:34 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
Doctors will be outsourced when Obamacare is in enforcement. Count on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies