Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 06:55 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Should sexually transmitted diseases (genital herpes, syphillis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, AIDS, etc.) and abortions be part of your electronic medical record, too?

How about illegal drug use and alcohol blood levels? Maybe do a medical database match with motor vehicle records and append your DUI and DWI records?

How about those broken bones and bruises from spousal abuse?

Pregnancies before you've told anyone?

http://www.huliq.com/10017/governmen...ty-rating-2014
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 06:58 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,304,635 times
Well, my BMI is 27 and I've drank and smoked pot before. I better commit suicide now before the pain of my lifestyle catches up to me...

Or does that go on my record too? I can't have that either.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:12 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
I wonder if a BMI measurement can detect a fathead?

Old 07-17-2010, 09:00 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,146 times
Does that mean there's going to be some kind of law saying I have to go to the doctor? Haven't seen a doctor in more than 11 years and no immediate plans to see one. Last visit was an emergency visit to a local clinic in Michigan before I moved to Nevada - pulled muscle which led to diagnosis of arthritis in the lower spine. Arthritis controlled with OTC naproxen only when pain gets bad. Occasional use of a cane to stand and walk. (standing, walking and swimming also keep the arthritis pain at bay.) So, when can I expect a knock at my door by someone wanting to know why I have no medical records?

Last edited by MsMcQ LV; 07-17-2010 at 09:32 AM..

Old 07-17-2010, 09:09 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Should sexually transmitted diseases (genital herpes, syphillis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, AIDS, etc.) and abortions be part of your electronic medical record, too?

How about illegal drug use and alcohol blood levels? Maybe do a medical database match with motor vehicle records and append your DUI and DWI records?

Government Wants Your Individual Obesity Rating By 2014 | HULIQ
I dont now about your vehicle records, but the other items already are part of your medical record database.. They record them by ISBN9/10 billing codes..

Old 07-17-2010, 09:10 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,706 times
Can't people see fat? They are making a federal case out of bellyfat . I will have to pay more tax to find out what you can just look and see .

Old 07-17-2010, 09:24 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,216,682 times
I'm still a bit hesitant to comment on this until I see it published in a mainstream source. Right now the only hits I get are the blogs that tend to be a bit hyper about anything rumored to happen in government.

However, I have to also say that I've always considered the BMI as nothing but a Trojan Horse for figuring out a way to monitor, regulate and tax things/people. So within my own prejudice, this wouldn't surprise me at all. And I would find it repulsive.

But I still want to see a better source for the information.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:25 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Government Wants Your Individual Obesity Rating By 2014 | HULIQ
Should?
Its going to be.

Since the fat-heads we have in office now believe that the first place to cut cost is on the public then it is in my opinion that they will start to cut pay-out cost on medical treatment to the public. The best way to do this is to determine if you are a risk (just like so many insurance companies do now) by your medical history, if you are a fat ass then our new government insurance company will deny you coverage based of your poor life choices. You will become a high risk and they will find a way to deny you just like they do in the cast of any other government funded operation.
As a matter of undocumented “FACT”, the government will imply using road blocks to deny payouts to citizens. Rule of thumb for a government employee whose job it is to help determine if a citizen is eligible for government assistance is to turn them down the first two times, if they come back for the third then forward the case.
Whomever can call me on this one but I don’t care, it does happen.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:33 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I'm still a bit hesitant to comment on this until I see it published in a mainstream source. Right now the only hits I get are the blogs that tend to be a bit hyper about anything rumored to happen in government.

However, I have to also say that I've always considered the BMI as nothing but a Trojan Horse for figuring out a way to monitor, regulate and tax things/people. So within my own prejudice, this wouldn't surprise me at all. And I would find it repulsive.

But I still want to see a better source for the information.
Every demo I have seen for an EHR product has included an automatic BMI calculation for patients.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:36 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,564 times
While we're at it, we should increase medicare payments for smokers, drug users, and morbidly obese to hedge out the amount of money they'll be soaking up later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies