Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 03:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Yep, Bush actually has a military record for everyone to complain about, unlike the current CiC.
No comparison, Obama was not old enough to get called for military service.....therefore a mute point

Truthfully, he would have only had three choices: join, get drafted, or dodge it all together. Joining would would have been easy, being drafted could have happened since many minorities were at that time or dodging which would have been a little harder being that he did not come a family with connections.

I would respect him if he took the first two routes and even if he had "dodged" depending on his reasoning it would not have bothered me as much, but pretending to be in the military and than later becoming a "war president" really pizzes me off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Of course.

But apparently current events are too depressing for many liberals.
I wish it could get to that point, but the actions of that person is reflected on the events of today. So in other words his past actions are part of todays probelms.......and I agree with you it is depressing

Old 08-12-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
biden had student deferments so yes bush does have one up on him in that area, but this thread is about bush not biden.
Methinks that they are still missing the point, deferments are legal but using daddys influence to manipulate the military system is boarderline criminal! Lets put it this way that slot that his daddy got him into bumped someone else whose familly had no pull into going overseas and possibly getting killed

Old 08-12-2010, 04:21 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,409 times
Thumbs down Bush's "military record"...

Grandson of a billionaire gets bumped to the front of the line to join the Texas Air National Guard.

He stays with it long enough to earn his wings.

Once he's safe from having to go to Nam, he neglects the remainder of his commitment.

Pretty cut and dry. And made public years back. The man's a chickenhawk, pure and simple. To apologize for him at this point is beyond ridiculous.

None of you want to be ridiculous, do ya?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:40 PM

58,996 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Grandson of a billionaire gets bumped to the front of the line to join the Texas Air National Guard.

He stays with it long enough to earn his wings.

Once he's safe from having to go to Nam, he neglects the remainder of his commitment.

Pretty cut and dry. And made public years back. The man's a chickenhawk, pure and simple. To apologize for him at this point is beyond ridiculous.

None of you want to be ridiculous, do ya?
Slim, are you still at this? You were de-bunked a long time ago. Get a life.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:59 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,366,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
No comparison, Obama was not old enough to get called for military service.....therefore a mute point
Why is it a mute point? If a military record is important than BO's failure to obtain one should be held against him. I have a military record without a draft, and wouldn't have been drafted anyway. If I can get in the military, so can BO.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I wish it could get to that point, but the actions of that person is reflected on the events of today. So in other words his past actions are part of todays probelms.......and I agree with you it is depressing
I was referring to the habit so many liberals have of bringing up Bush when the subject of the current White House occupant is brought up. Along with the double standard is use regarding military service records.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:

Truthfully, he would have only had three choices: join, get drafted, or dodge it all together. Joining would would have been easy, being drafted could have happened since many minorities were at that time or dodging which would have been a little harder being that he did not come a family with connections.

I would respect him if he took the first two routes and even if he had "dodged" depending on his reasoning it would not have bothered me as much, but pretending to be in the military and than later becoming a "war president" really pizzes me off
President Bush did not pretend to be a member of the Texas National Guard.

With regards to his being a war president, you'll have to take that up with Al Quada.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Why is it a mute point? If a military record is important than BO's failure to obtain one should be held against him. I have a military record without a draft, and wouldn't have been drafted anyway. If I can get in the military, so can BO.
Obama could have enlisted but choose not to, so what. There was no conflict at the time and his enlistment would have been strictly voluntary. Bush on the other hand used his family's pull to pretend that he served honorably until he was out of danger of going to vietnam and than he quit. No comparison

Old 08-13-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
I was referring to the habit so many liberals have of bringing up Bush when the subject of the current White House occupant is brought up. Along with the double standard is use regarding military service records.
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with political affilation it has EVERYTHING to do with privilege! Had a democrat or anyone else did what that POS Bush did I would pull their card as well. So get off that Obama did not do this and Bush did that crap

By the way if you are not a true veteran you could not understand the gravity of what he did to the institution of military service. His circumventing of procedures to get him into the Texas/Alabama guard, his lack of attendence to mandatory drills and cowardice in general are the reasons that I dispise him and not his political beliefs (money/power). Take off the blinders and see him for what he is a POS!

Last edited by simetime; 08-13-2010 at 09:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies