Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 11:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,237,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
i dont think the klan has the balls to post up like that anywhere except in those backwards hick towns in the south unless they are protected by police
Replace "klan" with "BPP"
Replace "backwards hick towns" with "minority inner cities in the north"

The new sentence also rings true..doesn't it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 11:07 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,895,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss14 View Post
You need to look up the word terrorist. Neither of these groups are terrorists they are more like pests that won't go away.
Point taken .. and may I respectfully add the definition?

ter·ror·ist (noun)

1) a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.

2) a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

Both the Black Panthers and The Klan are no better than the definition above IMHO.

Here's an example:

Anyone that is 22 years old, white, and threatens the safety and well being of a 12 year old white girl through her bedroom window at 12:30 in the morning for associating with a black person is a Terrorist. (see the above definition)

Old 07-18-2010, 11:12 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,606,313 times
When I go to cast my vote, I don't expect to see someone dressed in paramilitary garb, grasping a billy club, staged outside the front entrance of the building.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:13 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,809,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Replace "klan" with "BPP"
Replace "backwards hick towns" with "minority inner cities in the north"

The new sentence also rings true..doesn't it ?

NO IT DOESNT, FAIL..

seems to me you use BPP as it is titled and describes the first and original black panthers who were framed by the US govt with that crossdressing j edgar hoover war against african americans

theres a difference of protecting your neighborhoods against brutality and racism vs riding around on pickup trucks with a bunch of heathens/cowards in the back with shotguns and sheets on to cover there faces who burn crosses on lawns(lame) and lynch people, a conservative southern culture

BPP
NBPP

vs

KKK

still no comparison of the 2

Old 07-18-2010, 11:14 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,809,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
When I go to cast my vote, I don't expect to see someone dressed in paramilitary garb, grasping a billy club, staged outside the front entrance of the building.

would it make a difference if they were in suits or in police, judge uniform like the klan was

Old 07-18-2010, 11:29 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,495,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I'm a bit disappointed that the Dynamic Duo of racial issues
Jessie Jackson & Al Sharpton have not chimed in on this
important issue

I bet they are on vacation with the 'MISGUIDED' one Obama

Old 07-18-2010, 11:52 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,332,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
would it make a difference if they were in suits or in police, judge uniform like the klan was
To me that's what made the Klan so scary. They were the law. These NBPP aren't that scary to me. Nor do they appear crazy. For all their "kill the crackers" comments I'll wager not one of them will actually do anything (not saying I want them to but I just think this whole thing is for show) I don't know I think if no one would have paid them any attention the whole thing would have blew over.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:16 PM

364 posts, read 494,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
One should be able to vote without the FEAR of intimidation.
While that is very hard to prove, a guy in army fatigues standing 10 feet in front of the polling place branishing a nightstick would be unnerving to people going to vote.

What if a KKK member in full dress was there instead of the BP member. Just standing there doing nothing but holding a night stick.

Somehow I don't think the KKK scenario would get trivialized and dismissed like the BP scenario did.

In my mind, the Black Panthers are no better than the KKK.

If the polling places needed protection..then have the police come in. Heck, even have ACORN come in if it involves minorities, but not the Black Panthers for pete's sake.
1. The KKK is a much larger, much better organized group that has murdered people (lynching).

2. If the KKK got a permit and posted two members at a polling station that is 99.65% white, then it would be close to similar.

3. The two groups really aren't that similar. NBBP have no known history of preventing anyone from voting.

4. An injunction was given to one of the NBPP due to the behavior.

5. In case it isn't clear, I do not condone or support the NBBP or their movement.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,178,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss14 View Post
Punctuation pal it is your friend. Typical bashing of the south,just to let you in on the secret there are "hick" towns in every state.
Damned right, and I proudly live in one of them.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:59 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,658,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
so, following your reasoning, if the klan were standing outside a mixed neighborhood voting location, wearing their sheets and carrying the cross, you assume the black voters wouldn't be intimidated?

Fuzzy thinking then, based on the hysteria presented even on this board at the mere mention of the klan,

Blacks today are still afraid at the resumption of acts of murder by the clan.
No....they would probably get their azz kicked...lol. Really, 90% of black people vote democrat. Thus, one could easily calculate that if they kept away blacks that they would be keeping away a democratic voter. However, about 45% of whites vote Democrat and 55% vote republican. You cannot look at a white person and determine who they are going to vote for. This is why I would have thrown this out as not worthy of an investigation. Obama NEEDED the white vote to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies