Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 09:56 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Another lie, more deflection of the blame for the failed ideas of obama/biden.

Stimulus 'Would Have Been Bigger' but for GOP - Political Punch

Quote:
Was the $862 billion stimulus too small? It probably would have been bigger, Vice President Joe Biden said, if it weren’t for Republican opposition in early 2009.
Now, let's add some truth to the lies. Let's look at the report (Jan 2009) from obama's "uniquely qualified" team, which was in place BEFORE obama's Failed Stimulus proposal to congress and the nation.

http://otrans.3cdn.net/45593e8ecbd339d074_l3m6bt1te.pdf

Aside from the promise of restarting the economy and keeping UE under 8%, we have this;

Quote:
The first is to specify a prototypical package. We have assumed a package just slightly over the $775 billion currently under discussion. It includes a range of measures, all of which have been discussed publicly.
Just what obama wanted and GOT - almost $1 Trillion of waste. Completely blows biden's lies out of the water.

The lovely chart, detailing the results;

http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-conten...chart-0710.jpg

There is a reason leftist politicians in the US are rarely given the reins - we are seeing everyday why that is so. They have no idea what they're doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 10:08 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
They always blame somene else it seems.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:16 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Isn't there still a bunch of spendulus money that hasn't even been spent? How can they complain that it wasn't enough if they haven't even used what they have?

This is nothing but political grandstanding in an effort to limit the damage in November.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Where is saggy on this one? She was constatly complaining that the stimulus should have been 2-3 times what it was.

I've learned one thing from thsi administration, their comments are always intended to be taken by the most uneducated individuals in society as "fact", and repeated because they need to always be blaming someone other than themself for failure..

Old 07-18-2010, 11:14 AM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
We are living through the "second Carter administration". The nation will be in shambles by 2012.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:17 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
We are living through the "second Carter administration". The nation will be in shambles by 2012.
Oh brother ... wow, I take a couple month break from this forum and I get replaced by the tinfoil hat society.

Shambles ... uh, yea, please tell me how your life has changed since Obama took office.

You have economists on both sides of the coin saying that it was too big and too small. What we've lost in this country, and I do blame the previous regime, is the middle ground and that is sad because most people here reside firmly in the middle ground.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:26 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Ya got ta love this, the "Let'em Fail" crowd now wants us to believe that if Obama had only wanted a larger stimulus, as economist such as Paul Krugman, Mark Zandi, Dean Baker, James Galbraith, Eileen Appelbaum, and J. Bradford DeLong, just to name a few, had argued that Obama would have been able to get it through the Congress. Of course those of us who don't suffer dementia remember clearly hard it was to get the paltry stimulus passed in the first place.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:26 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Oh brother ... wow, I take a couple month break from this forum and I get replaced by the tinfoil hat society.

Shambles ... uh, yea, please tell me how your life has changed since Obama took office.

You have economists on both sides of the coin saying that it was too big and too small. What we've lost in this country, and I do blame the previous regime, is the middle ground and that is sad because most people here reside firmly in the middle ground.

LOL, what is the middle ground on the stimulus? It is either too big or too small, I don't think anyone would argue it is just right since unemployment hasn't budged. Many economists see unemployment remaining at very high levels for some time due to Obama administration policies.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
If life hasnt changed/is going to change, then tell me what the point was behind all of the Obama 2,000+ page bills he is passing? Are you telling me they are meaningless?

Old 07-18-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ya got ta love this, the "Let'em Fail" crowd now wants us to believe that if Obama had only wanted a larger stimulus, as economist such as Paul Krugman, Mark Zandi, Dean Baker, James Galbraith, Eileen Appelbaum, and J. Bradford DeLong, just to name a few, had argued that Obama would have been able to get it through the Congress. Of course those of us who don't suffer dementia remember clearly hard it was to get the paltry stimulus passed in the first place.
Obama and Democrats had EVERY branch of government.. They could pass whatever size stimulus they wanted at the time. Paltry sum? Please!!! It was more than adaquate, it just wasnt spent properly..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies