Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 03:11 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times

Advertisements

Not trying to start a war, but can anyone list major changes brought about as a result of the Tea Party "Gatherings" ? Have the signs and hollerings had any effect ? I agree with some of the things they say, but to be honest, I would be unlikely to march with them. We all want our country to have a certain level of sanity, but do the signs, and weird hats help at all ? Has any Tea Partier managed to achieve set goals in the last few months ? I believe in protest,and I am all for irony, and playing the devil's advocate, but aside from voting the bums out, and bringing in new bums, what's the goal ? How do WE the people get the gubmint to behave ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 03:12 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
They dont need a counter to the Tea Party. First, it would require them to get off their butts and spend their own time and money. Second, they already have the Government on their side, tax funded groups, other liberal groups that have a lot of power and money, Hollywood, and the media.

When you already have that kind of backing, influence, power, and money you dont need to have anything else. The Tea Party was needed. There was no other way than a grassroots movement to fight this sort of corruption and power of those who want to transform the country. They have so much on their side. The Tea Party could not of been started by anything other than grassroots and be as successful as its been so far. Theyve taken a beating so far from all the groups mentioned in my first paragraph, but being that it is grassroots and the people are passionate, thankfully its still going strong.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:18 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, we could go tit-for-tat forever. So, i'm asking you, as a (I assume) a Black person: Do you believe that the majority of Black American's put their support behind the ideals of the Tea Party? Not your aunt and uncle or your cousin down the street; the majority of the race. In your opinion, will Black American's be voting for Tea Party conservatives in 2010 and 2012?
No lets not go off on side streets. You made a statement I would like to see you back it up.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:20 PM

3 posts, read 4,164 times
I don't care for them. I'm gonna fight roaches, but not ants

Old 07-18-2010, 03:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Just as the thread title supposes: If you don't like the Tea Party, it's ideals, and even it's protest signs, then stop whining and get off your ass and create a counter-movement.

Nothing or no one is stopping you, except your own apathy.
They keep trying, but they keep falling back on those same asses.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:32 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
If I don't like something I usually don't waste time on it. This isnt' much different.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:56 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default The Tea Party not worth responding to

Quote:
Just as the thread title supposes: If you don't like the Tea Party, it's ideals, and even it's protest signs, then stop whining and get off your ass and create a counter-movement.

They are not a legitimate organization any more than the Klan is and likely will suffer the same fate. They are prominent now since conservatives are trying to win back Congress.

Republicans/Conservatives/Neocons/Tea Partyers had 8 years and they stunk up the place in a BIG WAY!

Old 07-18-2010, 05:06 PM

37,169 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:

We already have the Black Panthers, who are essentially the same people without the silly hats.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:31 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
There's already a counter-movement to the Tea Party. They're called 'republicans' and 'democrats' and they are chipping away at our civil rights and exploding the deficit and debt by bloating the size of our government while they tax us to death. Anyone with half a brain can see it if they really look.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:36 PM

180 posts, read 188,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
They did. Whatever happened to the Coffee Party?
Didn't get the same amount of media attention that the Tea Party has enjoyed...that darn liberal media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies