Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 12:20 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,910,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
This is the second time you've made a blanket statement about black people in this thread.
Dear Natalay,

C-D, has been gracious enough to provide us with the no-idiot function, otherwise known as the ignore list. I suggest using it early and often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 12:28 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,505,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, you're absolutely right. And indeed can be reverse oriented whereas an entire group of people, the Tea Party, are considered racist. The over-generalizations are many, and that's the whole point of my posts: to generate exactly what you posted here. Generalizations do suck, but it's not a one way street, as many on the left would love for it to be.

It's clear that Black American's and the Tea Party are not political partners. Why, I have no clue. The only reasoning that has been offered is that it has the appearance of hypocrisy considering the past 8 years weren't exactly rosy. But when the racist element is taken out of the equation, Black American's still do not support the Tea Party. And for some reason, the Black contributors to this forum are strangely silent when it comes down to actually debating the ideals of the Tea Party. They'd rather focus on the white racists who show up in the media coverage.
Dude, are you for real. Obama walked in the white house and the tea party hit the streets. The first one I saw on TV was crying and saying "I want my country back" and she meant back from this black man. We as black people felt like finally we are over that hump. Finally we can feel like we are a real part of this Country. The tea party took all those good feelings away. Don't just down play what I put in bold

Old 07-19-2010, 12:29 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,315,816 times
Quote:
I refuse to. Know why? Because you, in all your wisdom, feel that am wrong to believe that the majority of Black people disagree with the Tea Party, but yet you have not countered my argument with any evidence proving otherwise. One would have to be completely blind to see that Black people are not political partners with the Tea Party. But here you are demanding "evidence." I'll be glad to back up the obvious when you come forth with a preponderance of evidence countering my claim.
You're trying to twist the words now. The comment that I am questioning you on is NOT are black people allies with the Tea Party; I'm asking you for your evidence that the ONLY thing black people care about is race issues, which is what YOU said.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 PM

37,941 posts, read 17,733,600 times
Quote:
I refuse to. Know why? Because you, in all your wisdom, feel that am wrong to believe that the majority of Black people disagree with the Tea Party, but yet you have not countered my argument with any evidence proving otherwise. One would have to be completely blind to see that Black people generally are not political partners with the Tea Party. But here you are demanding "evidence." I'll be glad to back up the obvious when you come forth with a preponderance of evidence countering my claim. If you insisit on a majority claim to be validated by me, then i'm insisting on a majority claim by you.

I won't hold my breath. You know i'm right.

PS. Blanket statements aren't a violation. Thank you for revealing cracks in your argument. The TOS is a nice cushion huh? Too bad it doesn't work in this instance.
Sophia A Nelson "Why Cant Black Americans Have A Tea Party Movement Of Their Own"
Some wont like it. There's talk about issues and stuff.

Very Good Read: ''Why Cant Black Americans Have A Tea Party Movement Of Their Own'' - ThisIs50.com

Old 07-19-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Sophia A Nelson "Why Cant Black Americans Have A Tea Party Movement Of Their Own"
Some wont like it. There's talk about issues and stuff.

Very Good Read: ''Why Cant Black Americans Have A Tea Party Movement Of Their Own'' - ThisIs50.com
Thank you for this. It was a good read and I've never heard of this website. i agree with her on this:
Quote:
I, too, am fed up by vast unemployment, underemployment, and making do with smaller paychecks and increasingly burdensome taxes. Like many protesters, I agree that the government has gotten too large and has a say over too much of our lives. I think that our nation's immigration laws should be enforced most vigorously.
I think most informed people care about those things regardless of race.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:59 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,454,881 times
Quote:
Tell us why you disagree? There's plenty of supporting evidence out there that black people feel negatively about the Tea Party, and most of it is on the basis of racism. Are you disclaiming this evidence as if it doesn't exist?
Can you give the "plenty of evidence" that black people feel negatively about the Tea Party and that most of it is based on racism?

Old 07-19-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Can you give the "plenty of evidence" that black people feel negatively about the Tea Party and that most of it is based on racism?
read the rest of the thread. He refuses to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Dear Natalay,

C-D, has been gracious enough to provide us with the no-idiot function, otherwise known as the ignore list. I suggest using it early and often.
I know but that takes the fun out of it

Old 07-19-2010, 01:04 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,035,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You're trying to twist the words now. The comment that I am questioning you on is NOT are black people allies with the Tea Party; I'm asking you for your evidence that the ONLY thing black people care about is race issues, which is what YOU said.
Of course you're not asking about my Tea Party/Ally comment. That one is too easy for me to prove, and nearly impossible for you to disprove. That's why you went on a binge quoting my every post in this thread, right?

So now you change course and focus on my over-generalized comment, and demanding evidence of such. That's why debating with you is futile. While you're down in the weeds demanding irrefutable proof, the larger issues is still unanswered: Why are Black American's not supporting the ideals of the Tea Party now that the repudiation of racist elements has been made public?

Keep focusing on my over-generalizations. It continues to make my point that Black American's have nothing to talk about Tea Party ideals (and certainly won't support) now that racism has been taken out of the equation. Your insistence on "evidence" of a largely irrelevant claim of mine further makes my point. Hatred of the Tea Party is, and has always been, about race. Thanks.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:10 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,035,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Dude, are you for real. Obama walked in the white house and the tea party hit the streets. The first one I saw on TV was crying and saying "I want my country back" and she meant back from this black man. We as black people felt like finally we are over that hump. Finally we can feel like we are a real part of this Country. The tea party took all those good feelings away. Don't just down play what I put in bold
Hatred for liberal ideology has been around longer than Barack Obama has been alive. It simply has a name now. Nothing makes a liberal more happy than being able to put someone in a box and putting a label on it. That's why it's my duty as a conservative to take you and your cohorts to task for attempting to try to paint the Tea Party as anti-black instead of anti-Big Government.

To date, there's nothing that has come from the liberal left except cries of hypocrisy. Obviously unbeknownst to them, this country is more than 8 years old, but you'd never know that judging by the focus on the last 8 years under GWB. That's all liberals have. It's amusing. And fun to point out the shallowness of that position.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Of course you're not asking about my Tea Party/Ally comment. That one is too easy for me to prove, and nearly impossible for you to disprove. That's why you went on a binge quoting my every post in this thread, right?

So now you change course and focus on my over-generalized comment, and demanding evidence of such. That's why debating with you is futile. While you're down in the weeds demanding irrefutable proof, the larger issues is still unanswered: Why are Black American's not supporting the ideals of the Tea Party now that the repudiation of racist elements has been made public?

Keep focusing on my over-generalizations. It continues to make my point that Black American's have nothing to talk about Tea Party ideals (and certainly won't support) now that racism has been taken out of the equation. Your insistence on "evidence" of a largely irrelevant claim of mine further makes my point. Hatred of the Tea Party is, and has always been, about race. Thanks.
There was never a question about black people being an ally for the tea party. I'm not blind; I can look at them and see that the black members are few and far between. However, you said that the main reason for that was because of racism...where's your proof? You said black people only care about racial issues....where's you proof?

No I didn't go on a binge; you suggested that I go back and read every comment you posted in this thread, remember? So I took your suggestion and I quoted the posts in question since it was clear that you'd forgotten what we were talking about.

And I am not changing course. I have been asking you for the proof that you claimed that you have plenty of since I first questioned you and you have yet to provide it. It's okay though, I think by now it's become pretty obvious that you don't have any,

Oh so now you're over-generalizing because see in the beginning you made it sound like these were facts. I'm glad that you finally admitted that your claim and your point was irrelevant. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies