Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 04:31 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Last month was the warmest June on record worldwide, according to a report from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Warmer-than-average conditions were present across nearly all continents, including much of the United States, according to the organization's State of the Climate report, released Friday.

Although global sea surface temperatures ranked the fourth-warmest on record, the combination of land and sea anomalies pushed June 2010 past June 2005, previously the warmest June on record, the report said. June was also the fourth consecutive month in a row of record warmth worldwide

Report: Warmest June on record globally - CNN.com

Please let us enjoy the warm weather after the long and very cold Winter without having to listen to Mr. BS Gore and friends...

But I guess Al Gore is affraid we will start asking questions about his affairs...so i guess we will stay Gore free for a while!

And Other wise we will start asking him about that too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 04:35 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Just remember you said that the next time someone says "Its cold outside, see, global warming is crap"

Old 07-19-2010, 05:00 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Looks like an interesting post -- for your blog. Was there a question in there? Or, were you just trolling for an argument?

Old 07-19-2010, 09:24 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,524 times
huh?
you are posting evidence of global warming while poking fun at the global warming camp?

BTW - we are on pace to also have the warmest July on record as well. But, global warming is just a hoax. just a hoax..

Old 07-19-2010, 10:28 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
This must be the most bizarre poke at global warming trends I have ever seen.

To provide evidence from scientists it is happening, then ad hominem attack a politician while addressing nothing about your own thread premise.

Simply astounding. With champions for anti-global warming like this, it's not even a fair debate anymore.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:32 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
It's hot outside = global warming
It's cold outside = global warming debunked

My God

Old 07-19-2010, 10:35 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
It's hot outside = global warming
It's cold outside = global warming debunked

My God
Personally I find the glacier melt, the shrinking size of the arctic sea ice, and the rise in global sea temperatures to be more evidence than what the weather is like outside.

Global warming isn't the weather rock I had at camp. If the rock is wet, its raining, if its dry and gray, its sunny, if its dry and black, its cloudy.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:38 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,027 times
If you read the entire article is also states that we are also having a wetter than normal year for most areas except Australia and that this is do to the El Nino effect but they expect a La Nina effect to start up soon which will cool things off and stop the record setting months.

You kids need to stop panicking and realize that some years its gonna be really hot and some years its gonna be really cold, and guess what..... we had nothing to do with it!

Old 07-19-2010, 11:01 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
You kids need to stop panicking and realize that some years its gonna be really hot and some years its gonna be really cold, and guess what..... we had nothing to do with it!
What I cannot fathom is how even the smallest variation of environmental factors can cause vastly larger shifts in ecosystems, how anyone can argue that accelerating the rate of carbon emissions into the atmosphere can have NOTHING, to do with climate change. That isn't to say that I agree or disagree with the scale of those changes or that humans are or are not the primary catalyst for those changes but to deny those changes and man's role in shaping them simply defies all logic.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:11 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
There are problems with the NOAA's claims.

NOAA’s Jan-Jun 2010 Warmest Ever: Missing Data, False Impressions | Watts Up With That?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies