Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 10:54 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,015,410 times

Advertisements

People only apologize when they're caught red-handed.

They're not sorry they said it, they're just sorry they got caught.

And now the NAACP is looking mighty foolish right about now.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:04 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,558,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But they only came out and denounced her remarks AFTER the video surfaced.

You had a whole room full of NAACP members who heard the racist comments and laughed, applauded and thought they were completely appropriate.

No credit is due that.

what were you listening too. The comment she made didn't get a laugh or applause, which is why she tried to clean up her statement towards the end. What she said and claimed to have done was ignorant and wrong, to try and embellish on the reaction of the crowd is just a lie.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,655,323 times
Black USDA Official Shirley Sherrod Resigns in Flap Over White Farmer

Farmer's wife says fired USDA official helped save their land *| ajc.com

Apparently the farmer's wife has a different take on this.

If anyone cares both links are interesting and sheds a little more light on the subject.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:10 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,196,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Show me the statute that provides for her to be criminally prosecuted under these circumstances.

What you fail to understand is that a statute that provides only for civil liability cannot result in criminal liability unless that is specifically provided for in the statute. DOJ "policy" is not a statute.
Ask and you shall receive. Straight from the DOJ's Criminal Division of the Civil Right's Office.

Quote:
TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242
  • Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both

Oh wait. I thought you couldn't be imprisoned for discrimination? Afterall, in your world its merely a civil matter, right?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:18 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,049,803 times
I'm so effing fed up with the US government. I mean women like this lady are the norm in government not the exception. How stupid can she be? Not only is she obviously a racist but she is an idiot. To criticize the hand that feeds you publicly??? Typical government worker. And I'll be the first to say that without the government black unemployment would be a lot higher. Black people flock to government jobs because of the exact reasons she stated. It's "easy" and nobody gets fired. She grew up on a farm? SO what? What the hell does her stupid ass know about farming and agriculture? Judging by her physique she looks as if she's never done a hard days work in her life. Look at that other idiot lady that is the head of the EPA. Fat and even though she is highly educated she talks like she never got through elementary school. How do these people get to be in these positions of power?

The US government is a bloated, inefficient joke. And we are all being taxed to death and sucked dry to support this joke.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:21 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,755,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I lived in Atlanta, GA for five very long years --a town full of black racists who don't know that they are racists. In fact, I listened to one pseudo-intellectual, Afrocentric, revisionist history diatribe after another explaining that it was actually impossible for black people to be racist. I listened to their facile, fallacious, and sophomoric arguments in absolute awe of this peculiar combination of irrationality and audacity. It was all I could do to keep a straight face.

If there is indeed a "MOVEMENT" in this country to call blacks out on their own bias and BS all I can say is it's about time.
I guess that black people are indeed racist in the same way that Palestinians are terrorist for attempting to defend themselves and reclaim what was usurped from them. I don't condone hatred of any kind from any race. However, actions beget reactions. Its simply not intelligent to think that centuries of white oppression of blacks would not manifest an opposite reaction. White society has essentially never shown black people FULL respect and FULL HUMANITY, yet.....its called racism because we resent that and we try to reclaim our humanity and dignity as a people from years of having it denigrated?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:23 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,049,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
what were you listening too. The comment she made didn't get a laugh or applause, which is why she tried to clean up her statement towards the end. What she said and claimed to have done was ignorant and wrong, to try and embellish on the reaction of the crowd is just a lie.
Blackandproud are you racist? Because if I had that same handle most people would think I'm affiliated with the KKK or neonazi groups. You must not have been listening to the same speech as I did. I heard several people in the crowd applaud her and cheer her on. Are you a government employee? Maybe you're one of the 850,000 people with top secret security clearance in over 10000 secret facilities in the US? LMAO!

She's a blatant racist and moreover is just flat out DUMB for saying publicly what she did. I mean what idiot government employee says no one in government gets laid off. Haha!

Combine this with the recent black panther party scandal and Eric Holder and it's obvious what's going on in America. But that's ok us white people will be a minority in a few decades and blacks will be able to blame all their problems and ills on hispancis instead of us.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:25 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,495,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I guess that black people are indeed racist in the same way that Palestinians are terrorist for attempting to defend themselves and reclaim what was usurped from them. I don't condone hatred of any kind from any race. However, actions beget reactions. Its simply not intelligent to think that centuries of white oppression of blacks would not manifest an opposite reaction. White society has essentially never shown black people FULL respect and FULL HUMANITY, yet.....its called racism because we resent that and we try to reclaim our humanity and dignity as a people from years of having it denigrated?
what are you talking about? You are owed nothing.

5,036 posts, read 5,154,300 times
Update:
The Associated Press: USDA worker quits over racism charge from video

"Shirley Sherrod says she was forced to step down by the White House even though her comments, in which she says she withheld support for a farmer because he was white, were really part of a story of racial reconciliation. In an interview, Sherrod said the White House's wishes were relayed by an Agriculture Department undersecretary."

So she really didnt think she did anything wrong. The White House did the same thing as they did with Van Jones. Made him step down to avoid any "potential" media coverage or at least limit it.

41,325 posts, read 45,069,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What were you listening to?

I heard a "that's right" and laughter/applause, to try and minimize that would be a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies