Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 02:44 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
How 'bout the fact that support for the Tea Party has fallen by 15% in the past three months? and more than hlaf of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of it.
I blame that on the media and people being too lazy to inform themselves. I know several people who saw those one or two racist signs and equated that to hundreds of people marching around with racist signs...but I think that's what the media intended my looping that same 3 second clip over and over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 02:47 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
As if the Tea Party is for change.
But they are for change, they want to go back to the eighteen hundreds!

Old 07-19-2010, 02:50 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
Gee..I thought the Tea Party was an arm of the Republican Party...now where did I hear that I wonder...you know..old,white and uneducated...

Old 07-19-2010, 02:53 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Whatever the actual percentages are they have quite a cross section of members.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:57 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Gee..I thought the Tea Party was an arm of the Republican Party...now where did I hear that I wonder...you know..old,white and uneducated...
of course you did because you and many others were waging on how the tea party hates the left, the democrats and never acknowledge that the tea baggers were from all walks.

its been said over and over but guess what thread after thread after thread made by so called tea party supporters bashing democrats of who in fact are in the tea party as well but the tea party is still a conservative movement to the masses and by most right wingers, and most dont acknowledge democrats being in the tea party

then you cant help but seeing republican politicians grab the crotch of the tea party movement and then to some people it becomes fact that the tea party is republican based. maybe it is, republicans strategy was too take the tea party into their fold

imagine being a tea bagger and your shouting your remarks about democrats and there's a democrat tea party supporter next to you...theres actually people like that and all tea party groups/factions arent mutually the same

Old 07-19-2010, 03:01 PM

Tea Party "Uni-Tea" Race Summit Follows NAACP Flap

"In the wake of the NAACP's passage of a resolution condemning racism in the Tea Party movement, a Tea Party group is holding a "Uni-Tea" convention celebrating the diversity of the movement."

Old 07-19-2010, 03:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
We are just starting a Tea Party and have some Democrats signed up. They all regret voting for hussein obama, have children and see their future disappearing. Everyone so far is focused most on the out of control spending, the waste and hussein obama's vacations and parties as his top priority.
Sometimes i feel that Obama feels that he is a Celebrity, that status that Hollywood and the Media have given him name to. Of course, normal rational people are so very tired of the way out of control spending, that was not suppose to happen.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:09 PM

Attacks on the Tea Party are nothing more than Baptism by fire, whatever doesn't kill em will make em stronger.

To that end, I think the NAACP and all the other haters will only make the movement better, so hate away.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:10 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
How 'bout the fact that support for the Tea Party has fallen by 15% in the past three months? and more than hlaf of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of it.
I'm sure you wish this were so. But, with a common Democratic Party agenda from the liberal media, maybe they can lie, omit and distort enough to make it come true for you.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:13 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Tea Party "Uni-Tea" Race Summit Follows NAACP Flap

"In the wake of the NAACP's passage of a resolution condemning racism in the Tea Party movement, a Tea Party group is holding a "Uni-Tea" convention celebrating the diversity of the movement."

all tea parties are not the same across the country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies