Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 05:34 PM

372 posts, read 221,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Not if you don't think fertilized egg = baby.

And around and around she goes.
Not if you don't think 2 + 2 = 4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 05:38 PM

20 posts, read 10,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Let me get this straight. She was your friend and at the scariest, lonliest time of her life, you abandoned her because of what you perceive as her "hypocrisy"? With friends like you, who needs enemies?

Maybe you should worry less about what is going on in someone's bedroom and judging them, and worry more about being a good friend and giving someone love and support when they need it!

I am a conservative and I got pregnant when I was 20 and unmarried. Let me tell you, in a situation like that, you really find out about other people!

Some would go out of their way to tell me that my becoming a single mother was perfectly fine (no it's not!).

Others would tell me that my child is an abomination (whatever!).

The people that I am STILL friends with are the ones that just withheld their judgment and told me that they are there for me to talk if I need it.

Now, I'm not a religious person, but I am pro-life. I was in a long-term monogomous relationship when I got pregnant, in my mind that does make a difference.

Am I a hypocrite for engaging in pre-marital sex as a pro-lifer? Not to my way of thinking, I never took any charity or govt handouts when I had the baby. And I didn't run around hating people that do have abortions. My own sisters had abortions, and I love them and support them (even if I didn't support their decisions).

So, am I a hypocrite????
You are only a hypocrite if you run around and preach that god says premartial sex or abortion is wrong. But in this case, it appears you are not.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:40 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Premarital sex is a bit different, don't you think, than killing a baby?
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyapproved View Post
Let me lift the fog, Premarital sex is neither a crime nor a direct harm to anyone, while abortion is MURDER.

See any difference there, now????
many conservatives feel one should just give up sex all together than risk getting pregnant if you are unwilling to take an accidental pregnancy to term.

hard to take words like murder and killing babies seriously when you want people to stop having sex because there "may be" a chance they get pregnant. when you are still expected to take a pregnancy to terms even if your birth control fails.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:42 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughh_Mondays View Post
You are only a hypocrite if you run around and preach that god says premartial sex or abortion is wrong. But in this case, it appears you are not.
Yeah, I have my own personal brand of morality.. Don't we all?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:44 PM

20 posts, read 10,532 times
Quote:
Yeah, I have my own personal brand of morality.. Don't we all?
we sure do

morality doesn't necessarily stem from religion, too.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:45 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight. She was your friend and at the scariest, lonliest time of her life, you abandoned her because of what you perceive as her "hypocrisy"? With friends like you, who needs enemies?

Maybe you should worry less about what is going on in someone's bedroom and judging them, and worry more about being a good friend and giving someone love and support when they need it!

I am a conservative and I got pregnant when I was 20 and unmarried. Let me tell you, in a situation like that, you really find out about other people!

Some would go out of their way to tell me that my becoming a single mother was perfectly fine (no it's not!).

Others would tell me that my child is an abomination (whatever!).

The people that I am STILL friends with are the ones that just withheld their judgment and told me that they are there for me to talk if I need it.

Now, I'm not a religious person, but I am pro-life. I was in a long-term monogomous relationship when I got pregnant, in my mind that does make a difference.

Am I a hypocrite for engaging in pre-marital sex as a pro-lifer? Not to my way of thinking, I never took any charity or govt handouts when I had the baby. And I didn't run around hating people that do have abortions. My own sisters had abortions, and I love them and support them (even if I didn't support their decisions).

So, am I a hypocrite????
1. I never said she was my friend. She's just someone I knew. More like an acquaintance. And there were other things besides the pregnancy that made me stop talking to her. Some time during junior year of high school, she just started making a lot of bad decisions and she was no longer the same person I once knew. And she was a good girl the summer before junior year so this change happened rapidly. And it was all downhill from there.

2. I never said pro-lifers that have premarital sex are hypocrites. I said religious people that have premarital sex are hypocrites.

Last edited by city_data91; 07-19-2010 at 07:54 PM..

Old 07-19-2010, 07:52 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times
I guess what I am wondering is why are religious people willing to go against the church's teachings in just about any other way, but abortion is where they draw the line?

Old 07-19-2010, 08:00 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
There is some stuff I will never see eye to eye on with the conservatives. Same goes for the liberals.

But this topic is about something conservatives do that I don't understand.

Why is it that conservatives have pre-marital sex, end up with an unwanted pregnancy, then have the baby anyway because they claim they're too moral to get an abortion. You have no problem with sex before marriage, but you're too moral for abortion? The church is against abortion and pre-marital sex, but why do so many conservatives only listen to church's view on abortion and they disregard the church's view on premarital sex?

I realize not all conservatives are religious but this thread is about the religious conservatives that act the way I described above

I believe in god but I don't go to church...one of the reasons I don't go to church is because of all the hypocrisy that goes on. Yes, I support abortion. But in other ways, I am way more moral than these church goers that claim to be so moral.
I love these post!

I'm an Agnostic conservative who loved premarital sex (married now to the wife) and is pro choice.
But at one time I was a religious (conservative) person who thought those same questions. "Why so many contradictions?" so now I am
Agnostic, no more contratictions!

Old 07-19-2010, 08:09 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughh_Mondays View Post
Why should we care? because they do not practice what they preach. It's called being a hypocritical. No one likes a hypocrite.
Ok so just stay away from them. It only shows your foolishness and lack of a life to dwell on other peoples problems.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:11 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
But why are they against abortion? If they have premarital sex and realize they're not perfect, why don't they support abortion too?

Because usually it is teenagers or early in their twenties that are having pr-marital sex. At that age many are not religious. I know I was not until I was in my late twenties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies