Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:53 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I was getting ready to accept all of this story and all of a sudden on page 3 of it the words Media Matters showed up and that kind of turned me off. I know the kind of lies they tell so I started reading with a bit of trepidation after that. Sorry but when your source of information about Beck shows up in anything I start to worry about it all.
Quote:
Were your rumors from Media Matters, by any chance?
Quote:
Did you read the article? I read the whole thing but couldn't stand the last page and a half since the blog, Media Matters showed up on page 3. I bet you think that MM tells nothing but truth.
For someone who hates MM you sure advertise for it quite a bit. They thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 10:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanashleyii View Post
I am not here to defend Glenn Beck. I am here to point out that ABC's recent hatchet job on Glenn Beck is disturbing. Is this what passes for journalism in these days?

If you watch the segment closely (available for viewing at*Glenn Beck: Fox Host's Golden Advertiser Goldline Under Investigation - ABC News), it is an obvious smear campaign. Three cheers, you say.

However, Brian Ross was clearly not objective during the 8-minute-34-second segment (on a main stream media outlet).*Roughly 2 minutes into the segment Ross states, "Goldline and another Santa Monica-based company are under investigation after more than 100 complaints from around the country."*

Ross never mentioned the name of the other company during the entire segment. The first question that popped into my head was, "Why?" Then I asked, How many of the 100-plus complaints were from customers of Goldline? Then I wondered, How many were from customers of the unnamed company? I kept waiting for the answers, but they never came. An honest reporter would have told us.

An honest reporter would have asked Santa Monica city attorney*Adam Radinsky (who they featured in the segment) those questions.*Instead, Ross relied on*U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner, a New York Democrat (and self-proclaimed Glenn Beck hater) to state,*"There is an unholy alliance, I call it, between the commentators on Fox News and Fox News' advertising policies to sell ads to these guys,". Why is Weiner singling out Goldline and Fox News? Why did he not mention the other company?

After the ABC report was aired, the Better Business Bureau*(BBB)*reviewed Goldline's "A+" rating and found no reason to change it. Why? Because Goldline had 40 camplaints filed with the Better Business Bureau over a three-year period and resolved those complaints to the satisfaction of the customers and the BBB.)

The company not mentioned on air in the smear campaign by Ross and Weiner is Superior Gold Group. They have an "F" rating from the BBB. Superior Gold Group had 46 complaints during the same 36 month period -- 25 of which have gone unanswered.

Why is Weiner opening a Congressional investigation into Goldline while excluding Superior Gold Group and other companies that sell gold, such as ITM Trading, hawked regularly by liberal talk show hosts Ed Schultz, Rhandi Rhodes, and Stephanie Miller?

There is clearly an agenda in place.

You can hate Glenn Beck all you want, but when there is an obvious agenda to silence free speech, you should be on the side of the person whose speech they are trying to silence, if for no other reason than it might be your speech they want to silence next.
Now, sir, I have to say that you have been doing some serious thinking that seldom takes place around here especially where Glenn Beck is concerned. Your thinking and well written post got you at least one rep on your first post here. That post earned at least 20 to 50 of them but this thread is full of progressives who don't reason at all like you.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:59 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,317,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I have a feeling that many of Goldline's victims are people on fixed incomes who have been scared about the economy and don't have the know how to protect themselves.
Goldline mostly advertises on the right wing media stations like Fox News and Fox's average viewer is 62 years of age. Basically, we're talking about old folks who are either retired or close to retirement who on average having "some college" but no degree. GoldLine then suckers them into buying gold coins at highly inflated prices when they could buy the same gold coins at the local coin shop for 1/3rd off. Buyer beware is always good but there are also claims that people say they want to buy gold bullion yet mysteriously GoldLine ships them those highly inflated gold coins instead and then refuses to take the gold coins back even though the people never ordered coins and instead ordered bullion. That's classic fraud.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:16 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
When Goldline is found to have done something wrong in the court of law then the whining haters of Glen Beck can then waste valuable memory.

Until then, continue to hate Glen Beck and go after anything the man does.

Until he or they are found guilty of wrongdoings, your credibility is ZERO on this issue.

We all know why you are going after goldline, it is because Beck has kicked Obamas butt so many times and taken down his personal friends the two commis in Dunn and Jones.

Get used to Beck, he is eating Obama alive every single day.

Hate mongering left winger radicals are scared to death of Beck exposing their leader Obamadung for all his illegal ways.

Go Beck! Kick some more liberal butt.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:02 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times
Default Glenn Beck's Fool's Gold

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-cont...GlennBeck4.jpg

Puppet-masters like Beck just love to take advantage of people who are blinded by visions of stars and stripes and buy into wild tales of bogeymen.

And oh the irony of the "TRUE AMERICAN" peddling FRENCH coins over US coins. Pathetic hypocrite.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:19 PM

640 posts, read 388,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-cont...GlennBeck4.jpg

Puppet-masters like Beck just love to take advantage of people who are blinded by visions of stars and stripes and buy into wild tales of bogeymen.

And oh the irony of the "TRUE AMERICAN" peddling FRENCH coins over US coins. Pathetic hypocrite.
I don't doubt that many of the easily led fans have "invested" heavily......

Who knew that's why Beck loves to talk about the collapse of this country and the dollar. Geeezzzz, he's selling "gold."

Old 07-29-2010, 04:28 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
gold is for selling not buying. keeps goldminers working

Old 07-29-2010, 04:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Clearly, none of the above have listened to his advertisements for "Gold Line.

None of You!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies