Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

I guess the Glenn Beck followers are for taking naive, fixed income, people for a capitalism ride!

Quote:
I bought gold from these scum bags back when it was around $889 a OZ. The slime ball sales man talked me into buying a coin with "intrinsic value". I try to sell my coin today while gold over $1150 a Oz and Goldline tells me i will only get $299 for it! I bought the freaken coin at $374 i should have made at least $30 profit but no, the value magically went down! Screw these people, glad i only bought one coin off these jerks!
much more at:
The Pissed Off Consumer.Com - view-details | goldline.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 11:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
glenn beck getting paid by goldline for promotion oh the horror of anyone getting paid to do a commercial for anyone else in fact lets do this, from now on everyone works for free, hows does that suit you? g gordon liddy promotes gold as well, as does a number of other celebrities. does this mean they too should do it for free? if you had any intelligence, you would realize that these companies are in business to make money, in this case selling gold. they follow time honored traditions of buying low and selling high. they bought the gold at $250-300 per ounce, and just because they are selling it at current market price to stupid people who buy into their sales pitch, only means they are making money. so what are they doing wrong? do they fail to send out the gold that was purchased? i seriously doubt it. do they sell it above market price? again i seriously doubt it. what has happened in this country that profit is now a bad thing?
Well Obama did appear on lots of "debt consolidation" commercials for free.. Albeit it without his permission.. The left doesnt seem nearly upset over that..

Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh no.. maybe the seller of that coin should also be investigated because the meltdown is far less than paid..

Seriously, do you not understand how GOLD COINS have value OVER and above the meltdown value? Thats kinda the purpose of buying them in COIN form.. otherwise you could just buy a bar of gold..
Read my posts. I am beyond the meltdown value. People are getting ripped off by Goldline for the actual value of the coins.

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times
Per Wikipedia;

Goldline advertises through a variety of marketing channels including the internet, radio, and television. Former Director of the United States Mint and Democratic Congressman Jay W. Johnson was Goldline's television spokesperson from June 2009 until his death in October of that same year.[7] Goldline's television advertising includes cable networks such as CNN, CNBC, Fox News, History International and Fox Business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I guess the Glenn Beck followers are for taking naive, fixed income, people for a capitalism ride!
Ahh no.. all you are doing is displaying how americans are fools.. This is like someone complaining they cant sell their Ford Explorer they bought in 2000 for more than they paid..

Gold coins have an average of 30% surcharge on them when they are bought, and then another 30% surcharge on them when they are sold.. They are INSURANCE, not INVESTMENTS, as I've stated near the beginning of your tyraid.. You can find 100,000 people who bought them for investment purposes, but that doesnt mean people are entitled to get more for their Ford than they paid for them either..

Old 07-20-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Per Wikipedia;

Goldline advertises through a variety of marketing channels including the internet, radio, and television. Former Director of the United States Mint and Democratic Congressman Jay W. Johnson was Goldline's television spokesperson from June 2009 until his death in October of that same year.[7] Goldline's television advertising includes cable networks such as CNN, CNBC, Fox News, History International and Fox Business.
And your point? This information somehow makes Goldline a legitimate company?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Read my posts. I am beyond the meltdown value. People are getting ripped off by Goldline for the actual value of the coins.
I consider the price of a new car to be a ripoff, but that doesnt stop people from buying them either.. so when you get beyond the "meltdown" value, you move your argument to the fact that you think Goldline should be selling coins for less than their value" Thats a foolish argument to be made because goldline has to buy them AT VALUE, and then resell them.. Your asking goldline to LOSE MONEY in order to market coins, which again, is foolish...

Old 07-20-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh no.. all you are doing is displaying how americans are fools.. This is like someone complaining they cant sell their Ford Explorer they bought in 2000 for more than they paid..

Gold coins have an average of 30% surcharge on them when they are bought, and then another 30% surcharge on them when they are sold.. They are INSURANCE, not INVESTMENTS, as I've stated near the beginning of your tyraid.. You can find 100,000 people who bought them for investment purposes, but that doesnt mean people are entitled to get more for their Ford than they paid for them either..
This company needs to be investigated! Plain and simple. There are laws that protect consumers.

Quote:
I rolled over a retirement plan into Gold line and they told me the products she recommended me to buy with the amount I had to invest. When I got my statement they charged me almost double for the gold coins compaired to the other Gold companies. 1/3 of my investment was lost instantly. I paid much more then the gold will be even be worth next year and then have to pay storage fees.
HOW can you get out before losing it all.This was my retirement money.I have very little and hoped to make a profit but this looks hopeless.
Many more examples at:
The Pissed Off Consumer.Com - view-details | goldline.com

Old 07-20-2010, 11:41 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times
Quote:
And your point? This information somehow makes Goldline a legitimate company?
My point is it made the title of your thread before it was merged misleading, which we all know was your intent anyway.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
My point is it made the title of your thread before it was merged misleading, which we all know was your intent anyway.
You complain that the title of my thread was misleading yet you say nothing about how Goldline misleads and ripoffs their customers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies