Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 05:32 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times

Advertisements

Each of obama's errors are orders of magnitude greater than Sarah's because Obama is 'reputed' to a great orator and his legal training provides him with a tool kit to measure and calculate his every word. His mistakes are therefore more profound.

That was an impressive list of Obama flubs but misses all the archived and recorded reversals which may be considered lies, ignorance or disinterest.

A Sarah to Obama comparison reflects a lack of confidence in Obama by his followers. They feel that in order to showcase Obama they must compare him to an ex governor who didn't attend Harvard or earn a law degree and whose ticket lost a presidential election. He is still having trouble coming out on top in that comaprison.

archived senator Obama:
I wouldn't use the nuclear option to pass healthcare...or i wouldn't be able to govern
We need to take the time to study this legislation....
A commission is another way of doing anything....

This is indeed a diversion from the trainwreck that is a runaway government. Obama is a shill and a diversion whose shadow provides the cover for the rollout of a well polished relic of social and political change that has been rejected and archived as a failure whenever and wherever it saw daylight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 11:26 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
I would agree, but the remark shows her consistent pattern of ignorance which is a matter of interest.
And Obama's weren't/aren't?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:30 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Who knows what goes on in that little mind of hers? I am not sure that anyone can determine what altered state it is in.
Or Obama's

Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 PM

3 posts, read 2,440 times
Default You people are morons

Well, let's all snort and laugh at Sarah the idiot to distract ourselves from the buffoon we voted into office!

I love how you all chomp at the bit when you find a minor gaffe she made in a ****ing Facebook post, yet you defend/ignore the outrageously more shocking and offensive faux pas made by our President and VP in public forums.

The worst part is, what she said was completely accurate. Kodiak island is the biggest island:

-in the continental US
-if you are measuring by coastline
-if you include the various islets surrounding the main island (which is the official number used by the Alaska Department of Natural Resources Division of Geological & Geophysical Survey)
-if you go by Webster Dictionary's estimate

If I was describing Kodiak Island in passing, I would call it America's largest island, too. I suppose she could have been technical and explained the criteria by which she was measuring, but that would have unnecessarily distracted from her endorsement to satisfy an insignificant portion of the population (the left).

Old 07-30-2010, 11:13 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,628,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This woman is just the gift that keeps on giving

Palin erroneously calls Kodiak largest US island
By HOLLY RAMER (AP) – 12 hours ago
CONCORD, N.H. — Sarah Palin incorrectly calls Alaska's Kodiak Island the largest island in America in a Facebook post endorsing a Senate candidate in New Hampshire.
The Big Island of Hawaii is about 440 square miles larger than Kodiak, where Palin and her family were headed Monday.
In endorsing Republican candidate Kelly Ayotte (AY'-aht), Palin also strayed a bit from the facts in praising her for having "won" a case before the U.S. Supreme Court.
As state attorney general, Ayotte defended a law requiring parental notification for teenagers seeking abortions. But it was repealed after the U.S. Supreme Court sent it back to a lower court.
Ayotte is among seven candidates seeking the GOP nomination for the seat being vacated by Republican Sen. Judd Gregg. Rep. Paul Hodes is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Wonder if she has been to all 57 states?????

Old 07-30-2010, 11:21 PM

Default Oh, and I almost forgot

Also, whoever wrote the AP article was also completely wrong about the Supreme Court decision (Ayotte v. Planned Parenthood of New England, if you're interested). The Court did grant certiorari and unanimously sided with Ayotte to vacate the judgment of the lower court. It wasn't until a year later until the law was independently repealed by the state.

Last edited by tjagolf33; 07-30-2010 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Obama gets a free pass for living in another country while our kids were learning about America.

Obama believes there is 57 states.
Obama believes the Mississippi River runs along the Ohio border.
Obama does not know which state Kansas City is in.
Obama told people in New Philadelphia Ohio that it is so nice to be close to Philly,Pa like this. Especially when the a huge billboard right in front of his nose is telling him Welcome to New Philadelphia Ohio.
Obama thought the USS Eisenhower was a plane.
Obama does not know what a corpse is.

Palin makes her mistakes like anyone else, but she does not lie and scam people into thinking anything other then the truth.

The dems are SCARED OF SARAH because they know she can kick Obamas sorry butt easily.

Hey dems, if she is so stupid then why is she more popular then the idiot in the WH?

Dems need to be scared, the end of liberalism is near in America thanks to the village idiot freak who hates America with a passion.

Poor Sarah, the left winger hate her so much. That tells me they are scared to death of her.

Someone please tell the stupid ass in the WH that the Mississippi River is NOT IN OHIO please. He is still saying this after he was told otherwise.

Guess they did not teach him about America while he was in that Muslim school did they?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Or Obama's

Wonder what he is holding in his other hand?

Bet is was a bottle, after all he is a recovering drunk isn't he?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:43 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This really gets you going doesnt it? Yeah, this is much worse than claiming there were 57 states

Quick, without looking, whats the 3rd largest island in america? Do you know? Or do you have to google for the info? If you dont know, you have no room to talk..

btw, alaska holds 8 of the top 10 largest islands in america, so if you expect me to get upset or point fingers because of this, your crazy.
Perhaps she should have googled on the subject before spewing her wisdom on facebook. Now that would have been WISE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Remember she also thought Africa was a country as opposed to a continent.

Though she's good at marketing herself, there's no substance...for this woman just isn't that bright...

I think most of America realizes that.
We sure do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Further proof of the Lefts infatuation with Palin. Something tells me she could do a reality show and her biggest audience would be the Left.
I wouldn't watch her on anything even if someone paid me. And I'm unemployed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Oh the HORROR!!! Geez, you lefties are beyond predictable and hypocritical. At least youre consistent I guess. Ignoring/defending multiple gaffes and screw ups by people like Obama and Biden yet always on top of gaffes by Palin.
Who cares?! The fact that the same people who give the Obama Admin pass after pass after pass are the same one posting here about this remark proves more than you just being hypocrites. And how many of them knew nothing about this until it was made "news worthy" by the Liberal media? Had they heard her mention it, its not like they knew the facts either about geography in this case.

Go ahead, keep on posting this nonsense. Its easier to see whos who in this forum. All the lefties flock to these type of threads to join in on bashing a woman conservative. Its like throwing out bait. Call it liberal hate bait and we can sit back and watch them all come and try to get a piece.
Thank goodness GWB is gone. Piece gotten AND enjoyed.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Perhaps she should have googled on the subject before spewing her wisdom on facebook. Now that would have been WISE.

We sure do.

Thank goodness GWB is gone. Piece gotten AND enjoyed.
Quote:
Quote:
And I'm unemployed.

Quote:
I'm unemployed
Alas, everything is beginning to make sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies