Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 02:22 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times

Advertisements

Anyway I look at the current economic situation, I think our current Administration is a disaster! I am not even Republican or partisan in any way but I don't see how people can continue to trust this Administration and think that we are headed the right way. One of the Obama's campaign promises that I remember more vividly was, he said that he was going to end both wars and bring the troops home, which turned out to be a total lie. Anyways, I think just about anything in 2012 will be better than this Administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 02:23 PM

441 posts, read 2,109,276 times
Palin 2012

Old 06-27-2010, 02:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post
Palin 2012
I've seen a lot of Palin 2012 stickers in my area and to be completely honest...it scares the crap out of me.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Doesn't matter to the sheeple that believe everything coming out of the WH.
Doesn't matter that actions are opposite the words; they cling to the words.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:32 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Anyway I look at the current economic situation, I think our current Administration is a disaster! I am not even Republican or partisan in any way but I don't see how people can continue to trust this Administration and think that we are headed the right way. One of the Obama's campaign promises that I remember more vividly was, he said that he was going to end both wars and bring the troops home, which turned out to be a total lie. Anyways, I think just about anything in 2012 will be better than this Administration.
He campaigned on bringing the troops home in Iraq and stepping up the action in Afghanistan. We are in the midst of bringing the troops home from Iraq, we are on taregt with that. The troops in Afghanistan will start coming home next year.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:40 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He campaigned on bringing the troops home in Iraq and stepping up the action in Afghanistan. We are in the midst of bringing the troops home from Iraq, we are on taregt with that. The troops in Afghanistan will start coming home next year.
We are not bringing troops home from Iraq, and there is no chance we will bring home any troops from Afghanistan next year. Love to love this war, because we're in it for a long time....
Obama is completely lost, and has nothing to say about when the troops come home.
It's very noble of you to believe the lying POS who parties in the WH...

Old 06-27-2010, 02:41 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,221 times
The key to slow down this administration is this Nov. All House positions are in the elections and some Senate seats. We need to vote them out. Research everyone who is running so the same thing doesn't continue. When you find one that believes in our Constitution and doesn't view capitalism as wrong, we then can get back on cource. Start looking at your local areas and state government to elect from the bottom up to help change the problems. Getting involved and researching is the key.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:54 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
We will never win in Afghanistan. At best, we will duck out like Vietnam.

The Russians tried for several years, then left. The sooner we get out, the better. Unfortunately, Barak doesn't understand this. It's his war now and it's getting worse every month. Costs in lives and dollars are skyrocketing.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Don't hold your breath till you see the troops coming out of Afghanistan unless somebody in government declares defeat and brings them home like Vietnam.

Obama is having quite a time trying to stay with that July 2011 promise since he has learned after becoming the head man that it isn't as easy as it was to say it in a campaign promise. I just hope not too many Dems get after him when he goes beyond that avowed date. I think that he is trying to do what looks best and running away isn't that.

Why would he appoint Petraeus to command? He had to take a demotion to take that position and Obama could have put anybody there and probably lost but I think he wants that to be part of his legacy. Give the man a chance and forget that promise just like all the rest of them.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
We will never win in Afghanistan. At best, we will duck out like Vietnam.

The Russians tried for several years, then left. The sooner we get out, the better. Unfortunately, Barak doesn't understand this. It's his war now and it's getting worse every month. Costs in lives and dollars are skyrocketing.
I wish my foster daughter could fix her e-mail message to me that shows what is being done in parts of Afghanistan right now to work with the people. She has tried twice without success. For instance, she works on battle intel but also works at training Afghanis to go work with other Afghanis, teaching them things about food preparation none of them know. She is working with women only and they are very thankful that an American soldier tries to help them like that. She teaches facilitators and they go to others. Here whole NG group has people doing that kind of work. I think you might find that someone has finally figured out how to get those tribal bound people together and help them understand how to live more like we do.

I posted a thing the other day in which Fouad Ajami told why we may never succeed in Afghanistan and it had to do with the tribal divisions there and these people are working to repair that part of their life. It could happen and I think that Obama's advisors aren't all stupid about what is going on there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies