Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:40 PM

451 posts, read 835,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
Woo, another thread where people are insulting the appearance of a politician. Am I on a high school message board?
If the message board is beneath you feel free to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 07:47 AM

626 posts, read 992,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Ok let's talk about her ethics and wanting to save the tax payers money ... by letting her kids fly around on military air travel for FREE. Who pays? You and me ...

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/arc...dult_children/
I'm all for real political discussions.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
If the message board is beneath you feel free to leave.
Oooh, another love it or leave it Republican. How cute.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:50 AM

451 posts, read 835,411 times
Quote:
Oooh, another love it or leave it Republican. How cute.
That about sums me up especially the cute part.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:24 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,424,688 times
Quote:
I'm all for real political discussions.
Partisanship aside do you think that the speaker's family should get these kind of perks? Republican or Democrat that is just an abuse of power and yet another politician (regardless of party) that thinks they are royalty.

IMHO nearly every one of them need to be tossed out.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:49 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,112 times
Scary looking for sure. But even more afraid of Nancy's Boy's (Reid at the helm, how long has he been taking up space anyway??).

Old 06-23-2007, 09:48 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
That about sums me up especially the cute part.
Too funny! Some have no sense of humor.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Partisanship aside do you think that the speaker's family should get these kind of perks? Republican or Democrat that is just an abuse of power and yet another politician (regardless of party) that thinks they are royalty.

IMHO nearly every one of them need to be tossed out.
I don't think ANYONE in Congress should get these sort of perks. Neither should anyone, at any level of government. I am not a Democrat. Far from it. I have never voted for a Democrat, ever. I'm just disgusted with the Republican party and with what the "conservative" movement has become. People don't even debate the issues. If you don't attack the president, you're a fascist. If you don't defend the president, you're a "crazy lib".

I'll freely admit I can be an arrogant ass. It's because I know that I have a lot of knowledge (much of it useless). What frustrates me more than anything is when people defend a position when they've taken almost no time to study the issue. It's very apparent with several vocal right-wing posters, here. There are idiots left-wing posters, too. There just aren't many on this board.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:04 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,240 times
Quote:
I'll freely admit I can be an arrogant ass.
It's because I know that I have a lot of knowledge (much of it useless).

What frustrates me more than anything is when people defend a position when they've taken almost no time to study the issue. It's very apparent with several vocal right-wing posters, here. There are idiots left-wing posters, too. There just aren't many on this board.
And humble too!
There is a fine line between being knowledgable and knowing it and putting others down, especially those you don't agree with.

I always admire those who have that balance!

Old 06-23-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
And humble too!
There is a fine line between being knowledgable and knowing it and putting others down, especially those you don't agree with.

I always admire those who have that balance!
I never said I was a patient person. I'll take impatient intelligence over patient ignorance any day, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies