Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:37 PM

108 posts, read 99,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont think anyone has suggested that they not "deal with it".. See unlike the bottom, when the "top 5%" have to "deal with it", the rest of america asks why they should care.. This thread is a prime example as to why they should care, because if they arent spending, you arent working....
lol Bush Sr. debunked Regan Vodoo Economics years ago. If your a Republican who's concerned about losing his precious temporary tax breaks you might want to read up on George Sr and his opinion of trickle down economics.

The last Republican President with 1/2 a brain in my lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 02:41 PM

532 posts, read 1,270,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Dem_PA View Post
It's that exact attitude that brought on deregulation and 90% of the problems were are ALL currently facing as a nation.

Unbridled/Unregulated Capitolism brought us to the brink.

Hows all that oil floating in the Gulf Coast fit in to your Capitolist theory?
Fits nicely, the responsible parties will be accountable to make financial reparations to those impacted.

I wonder if those affected by chernobyl got similar awards?

Old 07-20-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote: Thats just bull.. very few of the problems we are facing right now are due to deregulation. They are more due to government enticing enterprises to take on risks they couldnt afford to take on, by guaranteeing the outcome..

You seriously believe this?

Like the Banks needed any enticing to gamble with peoples morgages and savings? The investment firms needed enticing to gamble with peoples life and retirement savings?

lol You Sir live in a dream world where Corperations are honest and don't need any oversight or regulations to keep the average American from losing his shirt.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
lol Bush Sr. debunked Regan Vodoo Economics years ago. If your a Republican who's concerned about losing his precious temporary tax breaks you might want to read up on George Sr and his opinion of trickle down economics.

The last Republican President with 1/2 a brain in my lifetime.
And yet one of the first things Clinton did, was repeal the 10% luxury tax to help spur the economy..

Old 07-20-2010, 02:51 PM

The Gulf Coast has thier Chernobyl lol. Its called BP.

If it wasn't for Oboma securing some semblance of guarenteed funding to help those poor bastards out they'd be totaly F'ked and retarded to rely on BP and thier "We'll make it right" promises.

Your lucky there was a Dem in the Whitehouse to workout some immediate $$ help for those folks. If it was a BP apologizeing Texan politicians those Gulf Coast Southerners would be royaly screwed and on thier own versus a major International Corperation. Guess who'd win that fight? lol

Old 07-20-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Quote: Thats just bull.. very few of the problems we are facing right now are due to deregulation. They are more due to government enticing enterprises to take on risks they couldnt afford to take on, by guaranteeing the outcome..

You seriously believe this?

Like the Banks needed any enticing to gamble with peoples morgages and savings? The investment firms needed enticing to gamble with peoples life and retirement savings?

lol You Sir live in a dream world where Corperations are honest and don't need any oversight or regulations to keep the average American from losing his shirt.
Tell me the purpose of Fannie/Freddie, if not to guarantee mortgages? Tell me why credit rating agencies gave these mortgages a AAA rating status, even though they were junk? Tell me why banks would loan out money to people to buy homes who clearly couldnt afford them? Do you have a single answer to any of these?

Old 07-20-2010, 02:57 PM

Tell me why credit rating agencies gave these mortgages a AAA rating status.

Ah .. you must be refering to those morgage underwriters who made thier money after selling these bogus rated morgage securities to the Banks and Investment firms?

You mean those honest folks?

I believe Bank of America bought the largest of these bankrupt firms .. ask BoA lol.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Tell me why credit rating agencies gave these mortgages a AAA rating status.

Ah .. you must be refering to those morgage underwriters who made thier money after selling these bogus rated morgage securities to the Banks and Investment firms?

You mean those honest folks?

I believe Bank of America bought the largest of these bankrupt firms .. ask BoA lol.
wrong.. those providing the credit rating status of AAA were not the same ones profiting from the mortgage securities being sold..

Was this you admitting you dont have an answer? You seemed to have avoided the other questions and went right onto this one, and you got this one wrong as well...

Old 07-20-2010, 03:07 PM

Yea and Goldman Sach's knowing full well these AAA secrured moragages would must likely fail and hedgeing thier bets accordingly was an honest buisness practice.

Anyone who claims these Free Enterprise firms DON'T need regulation is insane or just a pompus fool.

You cannot honestly defend any of these industries with straight face to any American and not get your teeth knocked out.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Yea and Goldman Sach's knowing full well these AAA secrured moragages would must likely fail and hedgeing thier bets accordingly was an honest buisness practice.
The AAA credit ratings were valid, do you know why?
Quote:
Anyone who claims these Free Enterprise firms DON'T need regulation is insane or just a pompus fool.
No one said they dont need regulated, I'm disputing your claim that they were deregulated and those deregulations were what is to blame for our economic mess.. You have yet to answer my questions..
Quote:
You cannot honestly defend any of these industries with straight face to any American and not get your teeth knocked out.
Sure I can.. soon as you tell me WHY those securities had AAA credit ratings, and those ratings were valid..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies