Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 12:34 PM

504 posts, read 456,793 times

Advertisements

Do you believe the "official story" of 911?
Do you believe the "official story" of Our wars in Iraq and Afganistan?
If you dont believe does this make you unpatriotic?

I dont believe the official story. Those who dont know their history are doomed to repeat it.

Remember the Maine
The Gulf of Tonkin
The USS Liberty
Noreaga stole the CIA's cash
CIA admits selling drug in the US to support covert ops in South America
Bin Laden was a CIA asset up til the 911, had handlers and was on the payroll!

As far as the patriotism thing. Do you love your kids any less when you chastise them for lying to you?

Could you preface your answer as to what your views are for example, leftist, neocon, right wing, facist and libertarian etc.

I just want to see what people think --there is no wrong answers--your opinion is your opinion.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:47 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,069,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P
Yes for Afghanistan, no for Iraq.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
I dont believe the official story. Those who dont know their history are doomed to repeat it.
Those who do know their history are doomed to repeat it too.

Quote:
You were doing so well until then. Bin Ladin was never a CIA asset, never had handlers, and was never on the payroll.

Quote:
Could you preface your answer as to what your views are for example, leftist, neocon, right wing, facist and libertarian etc.
Liberal.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:55 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,178 times
Quote:

More or less. Doubtlessly there was some measure of cover-up as people tried to avoid responsibility for not stopping the attack, but I do believe the general story. I have not seen any credible evidence to convince me otherwise.

Quote:
Afghanistan, yes (again, more or less - no one knows the whole story).

Iraq - no, and it has been established pretty conclusively that the reasons for invading Iraq were largely manufactured.

Quote:
I think it the highest duty of any American to be skeptical and always question the motives of government. That doesn't mean you have to buy into every wacky conspiracy theory on the Internet.

Quote:
Citing past instances of cover-ups doesn't prove that another one exists. That's logical fallacy.

Quote:
As far as the patriotism thing. Do you love your kids any less when you chastise them for lying to you?
Love of one's country and belief in its government are not the same thing.

Quote:
Moderate libertarian, capitalist, Jeffersonian "liberal."

Old 07-20-2010, 01:03 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,354 times
If government was limited by money, resources and the constitution you would not have to worry about lies. They only people you would have to worry about are those making plans destroy the constitution not follow it and printing money for anything they want.
Every story and event has secrets in most cases they are to cover up government mistakes.
We never know about the mistakes because most people and most importantly Government does not admit mistakes because it subverts their power and illusion they are in control and you are safe.
Its like believing every person that is ever killed was done with one person which I don't believe JFK was killed by one man. Does that change anything about government NO! Government is what it has always been, destroying individual liberty and expanding its power and they do it with your money, via force and tell you daily lies so that you have no idea what is going on or who to trust.
So I trust none of them unless that actually say they don't trust government themselves.

Unchecked power lets people do what they want for reasons most of will never know.
So to solve that problem don't give them the power in the first place!!
No power to support bin liden, give weapons to Saddam and support his role to attack Iran.
None of which would even happen if they followed the ideas of liberty and no nation building in teh first place and money and resources were not tied to creating experimental world nations.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:09 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
Aaaand here we go again.....

Old 07-20-2010, 01:15 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Some people like lies - and believe them.

Some people don't like lies - and don't believe them.

Some people don't like lies - but believe them out of goodwill respect for those who believe them.

Personally, I believe that people who believe lies are either stupid, evil, or both.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:05 PM

504 posts, read 456,793 times
Default Pretty much sums thigs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Some people like lies - and believe them.

Some people don't like lies - and don't believe them.

Some people don't like lies - but believe them out of goodwill respect for those who believe them.

Personally, I believe that people who believe lies are either stupid, evil, or both.

I think It would be totaly damaging to some folks to really find out that the Govt is not always on the Up and Up. They need something to believe in. They will ignore evidence and even the whistleblowers aho took part in the illegal activities.
They stick their heads in the sand and dont want to know.

If you read the Downing Street Memos there is no doubt in the world that there should have atleast been "A THOROUGH INVESTIGATION"

As for 911 even the Bi-Partisan 911 Comission with Staunch republican James Baker said explicitly that there was a level of deception coming from the Bush Administration.........Even though Bi-partisan just means crooks from both sides, I believe historically none of the "911 comission" wanted to go on record as a co-conspirators in this mess and wanted to have the escape clause of expressing that the Bush administration was not being forthright.

Even the Warren comission left enough wiggle room just in case the truth ever really comes out.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:15 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
I think It would be totaly damaging to some folks to really find out that the Govt is not always on the Up and Up. They need something to believe in. They will ignore evidence and even the whistleblowers aho took part in the illegal activities.
They stick their heads in the sand and dont want to know.

If you read the Downing Street Memos there is no doubt in the world that there should have atleast been "A THOROUGH INVESTIGATION"

As for 911 even the Bi-Partisan 911 Comission with Staunch republican James Baker said explicitly that there was a level of deception coming from the Bush Administration.........Even though Bi-partisan just means crooks from both sides, I believe historically none of the "911 comission" wanted to go on record as a co-conspirators in this mess and wanted to have the escape clause of expressing that the Bush administration was not being forthright.

Even the Warren comission left enough wiggle room just in case the truth ever really comes out.
They were skilled in the art.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:16 PM

382 posts, read 302,613 times
Quote:

Nope.

Nope
Nope I am very patriotic

Remember the Maine
The Gulf of Tonkin
The USS Liberty
Noreaga stole the CIA's cash
CIA admits selling drug in the US to support covert ops in South America

Nope.

Nationalist

I just want to see what people think --there is no wrong answers--your opinion is your opinion.
There ya go.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:20 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Aaaand here we go again.....
Yup. Hand me some of that popcorn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.