Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:24 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
nice statement.

now back it up with some facts.
How's that for facts "Fred". LOL.

This is more a philosophical discussion as it is a literal or economic one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 02:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Over the past 30 years 90% of Americans have been producing more value than what they have been getting paid for. Likewise, the top 1% have been receiving more value than they have been creating.

Godbless capitalism!~ LOL.
Its posters like you who make me thankful that I've entered into several businesses which can be completely run by computers, and I can outsource the programming needs to people in India, who are greatful to receive a paycheck..

Old 07-20-2010, 02:26 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Well I don't know why people like you have to label yourself a liberal. And most liberals are completely hypocritical. Liberalism in the true sense of the word means.....hands off. But I agree. The problem is the same pukes running the government are the same dishonest pukes running corporations. The US government is supporting and funding corporations and vice versa.
Good ole President Eisenhower!

Old 07-20-2010, 02:26 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
So which came first the chicken or the egg? Labor or capital? If two aliens came down out of the sky naked with nothing but the earth at their behest...............you see my point? It takes WORK to produce capital. Capital is a finite resource that came about because some genius decided to WORK. Your argument is moot and doesn't make any logical sense. We can trace "capital" back to the dawn of man .
Then someone looked at that genius and said "how do I get involved in that?" The genius said, "go do this and I'll give you some money."

Quote:
My point is........the US economy needs to find a balance between capital and labor. All "isms" aside. America will never survive with the rich getting richer and the American middle class disappearing into the haves and the have nots.
I agree with this point, but I think the answer is not to take it from the genius from the previous example. I think we need to better educate the second guy so that he goes out and figures out a way to not have most of the money going to the genius; then, they're both pushing to excel.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:27 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Quote:
Well I don't know why people like you have to label yourself a liberal. And most liberals are completely hypocritical. Liberalism in the true sense of the word means.....hands off. But I agree. The problem is the same pukes running the government are the same dishonest pukes running corporations. The US government is supporting and funding corporations and vice versa.
I am a liberal. I'm not just labeling myself. I am very very liberal *shrug*

And you're describing Classical Liberalism. Which is the opposite of what I am.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
I agree. I'm all for capitalism and private enterprise, but NO ONE can POSSIBLY do enough work in their LIFETIMES to be worth multi-billions.

One of the biggest obstacles is the fact that those who already have money have an exponentially easier time making money.
Logic is your friend. If we had a true free market in the US many companies and banks would have gone bankrupt instead of being bailed out by our hardwork. AIG is a perfect example. Chrysler is a perfect example. And the laundry list goes on and on ad nauseum!

Old 07-20-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
So which came first the chicken or the egg?
The chicken
Mystery cracked: Chicken came first - UK - World - The Times of India
Quote:
Labor or capital?
Obviously capitalism, if you doubt it, then look around at the glutt of labor.. If labor came first, then our economy would be boombing right? Without the capital to build the factories, to fnance the paychecks, the accounts receivable, to market the product, the labor is meaningless..

Old 07-20-2010, 02:29 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Quote:
Over the past 30 years 90% of Americans have been producing more value than what they have been getting paid for. Likewise, the top 1% have been receiving more value than they have been creating.

Godbless capitalism!~ LOL.
Over the last 30 years government has taxed everyone more, stopped production and protected and created laws to outsource, lower wages and control the currency and the value of your dollar.
Americans are producing so that Government can steal from each individual.
Last time I checked my paycheck is lowered due to taxes, interest rates and creating federal reserve bubbles that give the illusion of economic growth.
Instead I could have used that money to buy food, and other needs in my life which would have helped someone else hire more people and give them more money to spend on needs and services.
Inflation is a tax understand it and who creates it, this tax is a tax on the working people of the nation.
People pay a tax on social security which in my mind is a tax of which you payed into your working life and they took it out of your paycheck unwillingly I might add.
Not only do they tax you to support others once you get your check they tax you again.
Who is producing and who is stealing should be the question.
The 1% gave you a job.. the government made sure you didn't get all your paycheck for what you produced. Then after you dead for many of the last 30 years they taxed everything you own. You tell me is that capitalism or something else. PS God has nothing to do with governments of tyranny you elected idiots to run your life. If you think the 1% runs your life.. who has the guns and enforces the taxes of which come right out of your paycheck.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
I agree. I'm all for capitalism and private enterprise, but NO ONE can POSSIBLY do enough work in their LIFETIMES to be worth multi-billions.

One of the biggest obstacles is the fact that those who already have money have an exponentially easier time making money.
People become billionaires by EMPLOYING others and making others wealthy. PERIOD.. Buffet, Gates for example have both provided so much wealth in america and around the world that they are underpaid..

Old 07-20-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Over the last 30 years government has taxed everyone more, stopped production and protected and created laws to outsource, lower wages and control the currency and the value of your dollar.
Americans are producing so that Government can steal from each individual.
Last time I checked my paycheck is lowered due to takes, interest rates and creating federal reserve bubbles that give the illusion of economic growth.
Inflation is a tax understand it and who creates it.
People pay a tax on social security which in my mind is a tax of which you payed into your working life.
Not only do they tax you to support others once you get your check they tax you again.
Who is producing and who is stealing should be the question.
The 1% gave you a job.. the government made sure you didn't get all your paycheck for what you produced. Then after you dead for many years they taxed everything you own. You tell me is that capitalism or something else. PS God has nothing to do with governments of tryanny you elected idiots to run your life and your production.

But like most Americans you are completely missing the big picture. Americas work to pay taxes.....government take your taxes...........and give that money back to corporations. The military industrial complex is the best most illustrious example. I mean have you been asleep for the last 20 years? It's the GOVERNMENT that is propping up private enterprise in America through special interest and lobbying. So people like you who sit there and criticize government.............government and corporations are one in the same. Why not criticize BOTH government and corporations. I'm not talking about mom and pop type businesses. I'm talking corporations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies