Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I just can't believe he watched someone besides Glenn Beck!
Rush hasn't been on TV for about 15 years but I did get to listen to him this afternoon.

The link that was supposed to be there when you looked is now on the OP and it doesn't come from LImbaugh, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banevader View Post
Umm...Schieffer has more journalistic "cred" than the majority of Fox's new staff and far more than Limbaugh could ever dream of having.

He whiffed on a MINOR news story...
And..?

This forum isn't large enough to contain all of Fox's mistakes.
And let's not even bring up Limbaugh's boners.
Schieffer used to fool lots of people but I watch him every Sunday morning and have caught him doing this trick more than once. Limbaugh was trying to make Schieffer out to be the good guy and I agree with Kurtz and Kelly.

Watch the video on the link and read the transcript and then throw some more Pelosi at me.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:31 PM

245 posts, read 585,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
so what blog told you this was a minor story?
It's disgusting how a person can dismiss blatant racism while belching out made up accusations of racism trumpeted by a nobody and a keyboard.
I don't get my news from blogs.
Most have little in the way of hard or useful news,so why bother?

I did try to read everything I could find (other than Fox's BS) on the subject and I didn't find much. What I did find was not very significant,IMHO.
The fact that the other media outlets haven't hopped all over this during such a slow news cycle like this,seems to confirm my beliefs.

I see (and personally experience) "blatant racism" every day.It's hardly newsworthy. It's sudden ABENCE would..but it's presence is just constant reminder of what it's like to be a minority in this country.

As I stated,CBS' Schieffer has more "cred" than Fox and Limbaugh combined. If he whiffs on a minor story...then it's a minor detail.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:36 PM

245 posts, read 585,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Schieffer used to fool lots of people but I watch him every Sunday morning and have caught him doing this trick more than once. Limbaugh was trying to make Schieffer out to be the good guy and I agree with Kurtz and Kelly.

Watch the video on the link and read the transcript and then throw some more Pelosi at me.
You're point is...?

Face The Nation is a bunch of pundits sitting around,navel-gazing about inside the Beltway issues. It's hardly a source of hard news and probably shouldn't be seen as one.

If Bob Schieffer whiffs on what is hardly an "earth-shattering" news story...so what? More likely than not,by this time next week,this whole thing will be back page news,replaced by another "scandal" or a "How's Lindsay doing in jail" update.

Fox...as usual..has dredged up yet another mediocre story and attempted to make it headline news. Another swing and a miss.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:54 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
The black panthers intimidating voters at an election station with a weapon and racist slogans is not the big story. The big story was the Obama Justice Dept dropping all the charges against the black panthers when the justice dept was about to win their case by default. Even though they had video evidence of the voter intimidation at the polling station, Eric Holder (and possibly his boss, Obama) felt there wasn't enough evidence to make the case that the justice dept had already won. THAT is the big story he missed or chose to ignore.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:02 PM

296 posts, read 273,481 times
Quote:

I did try to read everything I could find (other than Fox's BS) on the subject and I didn't find much. What I did find was not very significant,IMHO.
The fact that the other media outlets haven't hopped all over this during such a slow news cycle like this,seems to confirm my beliefs.

I see (and personally experience) "blatant racism" every day.It's hardly newsworthy. It's sudden ABENCE would..but it's presence is just constant reminder of what it's like to be a minority in this country.

As I stated,CBS' Schieffer has more "cred" than Fox and Limbaugh combined. If he whiffs on a minor story...then it's a minor detail.
The highlighted part explains your obvious and blatant ignorance. Either you live in an extremely racist area or I'm raising the BS flag on you. My wife is black and I'm sure she would've mentioned facing blatant racism every day if that was ever the case. However, she didn't, because it isn't like that. It is found here and there, but is not even close to what it used to be. Don't believe me? Check out some old videos on youtube or something like that. I was checking out some old commercials today and was amazed at how blatant the racism was in them. Not a damn thing like what you find today, or with those ignorant and racist fools known as the new black panther party. Those animals are just over the top in their racism and they should be condemned as well as punished for their actions. Instead they were given a pass and anybody that does that deserves to be called out for the POS that they are.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
If you're so smart, why don't you go take over Schieffer's job.......why don't you become a journalist?

That NBPP story has been so overblown by Fox it's pathetic. There were THREE guys, very stupid guys, one of them shouting out stupid stuff in 2008, and your guys at FOX are trying to make that into some huge and scary thing! Geeezzzz Do you really think people that STUPID could come up with any ideas which would ACTUALLY WORK in terms of "attacks" on "white people"? LOL I don't.
I guess you don't know a lot more about this case than Schieffer did that Sunday. I watched that show, as I do every Sunday, and was overcome by the fact that he didn't ask Holder about that case. In case you don't know the story is that the whistleblower was told from the top of things that they could never take a case of blacks against white victims but always would take the opposite thing, The AG is fast cooking his goose and will probably be the next one to be forced to resign because of all his foolishness.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post

You just keep believing those conspiracy theories and the rest of us will keep laughing.
I bet you didn't even look at the link offered you but you make noise like you didn't need to because you know all about that "conspiracy".

Old 07-20-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
so what blog told you this was a minor story?
It's disgusting how a person can dismiss blatant racism while belching out made up accusations of racism trumpeted by a nobody and a keyboard.
You need to understand that the poster doesn't yet know about that story and is willing to call it minor because some left leaning "journalists" tried to kill it just as they did so many more things.

I can't wait to see how they try to make the fact that Obama told us over and over that he wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class and then sat back and watched Harry Reid and his buddies insert all kinds of taxes in the damned thing. Now Obama has been backed into the corner and is finally admitting that the money people get to pay is actually taxes.

My favorite story about the Obamacare law is that in January all employers who provide health care will have to report every penny they pay on each employee and the workers will have to pay income taxes on that amount of money. This will force some of them into higher brackets and I just can't wait to see how unhappy they will be, Democrats and Republicans. He better start running tomorrow to get far enough away from them to keep from being tarred and feathered.

Remember that the story is minor to progs because they really don't know about it from getting all their news from left leaning sources.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:

So you get all your news from al Times, DC Post, LA Times and like that. No wonder you don't know about that huge story. They tried to keep it hidden but finally had to give in. Minor is only in the brain of those who get all their news from the left leaning sources but then you don't mind not knowing about this story, and I know why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies