Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 06:28 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Ok,

First, the White House shouldn't have fired her. As a matter of fact, the White House is swearing they didn't ask for her resignation. Sherrod says it was, but that it was the under secretary of agriculture that called her. So, there is some debate on who and when.

Second, I understand the White Houses hurry to fire her. There was a blogger that first posted this, some on other news networks picked it up before the NAACP posted the full transcripts of their remarks. I wouldn't know how you would turn a story around where you "didn't give him your full support" to a white farmer, because he was white.

This is just part of our 24 hour news cycle. People say things before they think about them.

Thirdly, she should have given this white farmer her full support, from the get go. She ended up doing that, but the fact that she didn't at first, hits me as wrong.

Lots of people in the wrong here.
The minute that video hit the blogosphere I guarantee you its existence was shuttled up the chain of command through the political affairs department to Patrick Gaspard all the way to Rahm's office. Then a phone call to Vilsack was made and the rest they say is History. This was probably discussed by at least four or five people that report directly to Rahm before the calls were made to Sherrod.

This whole thing is not about right or wrong its about political expediency. Sherrod fell on the sword like any good solider. Sherrod now gets to claim to be a victim. She'll get lots of money telling her story and selling her book. Obama gets to claim his Admin. acted on the information to prove they wont tolerate even a whiff of racism. Especially since Obama's politicos targeted attacks on the tea party.

What a great little foot note to the chapter in Obama's post presidential auto biography titled " Struggling against racial intolerance".

NEXT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 06:36 AM

108 posts, read 99,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
The minute that video hit the blogosphere I guarantee you its existence was shuttled up the chain of command through the political affairs department to Patrick Gaspard all the way to Rahm's office. Then a phone call to Vilsack was made and the rest they say is History. This was probably discussed by at least four or five people that report directly to Rahm before the calls were made to Sherrod.

This whole thing is not about right or wrong its about political expediency. Sherrod fell on the sword like any good solider. Sherrod now gets to claim to be a victim. She'll get lots of money telling her story and selling her book. Obama gets to claim his Admin. acted on the information to prove they wont tolerate even a whiff of racism. Especially since Obama's politicos targeted attacks on the tea party.

What a great little foot note to the chapter in Obama's post presidential auto biography titled " Struggling against racial intolerance".

NEXT!
I can't say I totally disagree with that summary. There is a little justice in knowing that Fox and thier criminal video reporters had this whole situation turned around on THEM.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:59 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Right wingers started this, Obama took the bait, and then right wingers finished it by criticizing Obama for taking their bait.
LOL...Poor Obama,he is easy to fool...

The current administration is to blame for forcing her to resign,no-one else.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
More BS! Please indentify what she did that was racist? She treated a person differently because she percieved him as treating her as if she was inferior.

BLacks reacting to white racism makes blacks racist....but every action creates a reaction. Thus, as long as white racism exist it will create a reaction and whites will use that reaction to say that blacks are no better from whites in such thinking and behavior.
If you base your actions upon race it would be bigoted and discriminatory.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:07 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many here know who Shirley Sherrod is? If you don't you have been paying too much attention to the MSM and she has been under reported. Well not here is a man who is very much for her and crying out for her to be taken back into the administration where she was forced to retire from overnight for no obvious reason. Anyway many here would be surprised at the first half of this link because of who is doing the talking and the fact that he is standing up for Ms. Sherrodd. Watch this video and learn many things about what happened to this woman and about the media that so many here think is dishing up truth every day. Be among the first people to learn about what that media has been doing to us all for some time and won't stop until we stop them.

Moderator cut: No show links

Ok, now that you have decided not to watch any of this watch just the first segment and the last one and see why I say this man may not live much longer.

You who I say don't have the guts to watch this know who you are and you need so badly to see the last segment of this thing.
Did you somehow miss the other two, three, four threads on the front page of this forum about this very topic? Or is it that if Glenn Beck doesn't talk about something, the topic doesn't exist?

And, while I do appreciate Mr. Beck's 'context' on this issue, I certainly didn't need him to tell me that Breitbart is a liar and a master manipulator.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-22-2010 at 01:58 AM..

Old 07-21-2010, 07:08 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Dem_PA View Post
I can't say I totally disagree with that summary. There is a little justice in knowing that Fox and thier criminal video reporters had this whole situation turned around on THEM.
Fox Smox. Focus on the bigger picture. Fox knew exactly what it was doing. Any criticism they draw was planned as such. The more you spit and cuss about Fox the more people will want to watch their shows. ITS ALL AN F'ed up game. The same goes for all Mega Media outlets and lots of small ones. I was just laughing at NAACP President stumbling through his prepared remarks to Anderson Cooper's questions about their stupid preemptive comments against Sherrod.

Fox wants people with a left leaning view to hate them just like MSNBC wants the righties to hate them. I bet half of Fox's rating were from people just like you who think FOX gives a crap about right or left. FOX gives a crap about making money. They are doing that because no one else in the Media thought about taking their format the direction they did.

CNN is the same except they are playing the "We are centrists with cool heads" approach. Wake up out of your Media induced stupor people.

The Media is a mental drug. Don't believe me? how much better do you feel after spiting and shouting profanities at Hannity or Madow? That's the endorphins flooding your brain. Just like the first drag of the day for the smoker or the first sip for the alky and the first hit for the tweeker.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:08 AM

Does ANYONE find it odd the NAACP condemned her so quickly and thought she should be fired and it is THEIR meeting that she was attending?

You would think SOMEONE in the NAACP might have known what was going on at the meeting....

Also the NAACP had the full video of the meeting,it released it to the media.

All quite odd.

The one thing is this administration forced her to resign without getting her side of the story.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:10 AM

She was forced to resign BEFORE the video was aired on the news..

The admin reacted to the video that was posted online.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:58 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Does ANYONE find it odd the NAACP condemned her so quickly and thought she should be fired and it is THEIR meeting that she was attending?
Considering the controversy that the NAACP has been embroiled in as a result of the more than justified Tea Party resolution, Ben Jealous rush to judgement was quite understandable regardless of how absolutely boneheaded it was.

PS - I just fired off an email to the NAACP suggesting that Jealous might consider resigning himself.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:11 AM

202 posts, read 187,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Dem_PA View Post
The FOX broadcast was AFTER her resignation...not before....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies