Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 04:05 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times

Advertisements

Killa P sums up about how I feel about Obama's performance so far in a nutshell, (tried to rep, but couldn't).....Obama needs to wake the hell up and start to pay attention more to the people who loved and elected him, progressives.....
as opposed to trying to play middle man and even please those that hate him, no matter what he does, since he's a democrat......the hard and far right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 04:09 PM

504 posts, read 457,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I find it interesting and puzzling as to why the 'rush to judgment' is getting more attention that the dishonest, partisan dirty trick purposely pulled on Sherrod---the deliberate editing her speech to make it come off differently that it really was. It was released without anyone vetting it what so ever. Why is that not important to anyone?

I key in on the rush to judgement because this passive weakness seems to be Obama's calling card

Old 07-21-2010, 04:18 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
I find it interesting and puzzling as to why the 'rush to judgment' is getting more attention that the dishonest, partisan dirty trick purposely pulled on Sherrod---the deliberate editing her speech to make it come off differently that it really was. It was released without anyone vetting it what so ever. Why is that not important to anyone?
I thought that as well. I was watching O'Reilly (sp) last night and he made a big deal out of the other major networks not covering the Sherrod story but never once (not while I was watching) did he acknowledge the tape was edited, even though the male guest on his show said it several times. I thought that was the first rule of journalism: verify your facts before you publish them. It's kinda scary that the media can just run a story without finding out if it's true or not; especially a story that impacts lives of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Obama showing the back bone and resolve of a jelly-fish yet again.

Why does he work so hard to knee jerk and try to appease a demographic of people who no matter what are not going to vote for him.

The most racist thing going on now is Obama's disservice to the intelligence of white people. They are not all so stupid as to not understand context they are not so stupid as he should step and fetch like he does. Those who dont like him for his race are never going to change and he is losing the respect of those who are open minded.

So Afraid of being painted a particular way by the right that he is weak and ineffective as a leader.

His example is not one I would ever want my children to follow. Be a man say what you mean and mean what you say.

That woman needs to be compensated immediatley.
This is one of the things I hate about him. He's so eager to please everybody that he ends up pissing off everybody. I keep hoping at some point he'll stand his ground and get a little Samuel L Jackson in him

Old 07-21-2010, 04:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Yes when will they? When will all the right wing zealots come forward and say this was wrong?
Now darn you, you failed to see my thread about Beck doing what you want done last night. Maybe you better watch the Beck show , at least once to see what is going on.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
This is the second time Obama rushed to judgement. First the police officer and his friend. He condemned the police and now this case. Maybe next time they will look into it deeper before making a judgement.
It was one year ago tomorrow that The One stood up there and said that that police department had screwed up arresting one of his good friends. The Beer Summit followed.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Let me guess, Glenn Beck apostle right?
I guess you thought I was the only one, huh.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:26 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It was one year ago tomorrow that The One stood up there and said that that police department had screwed up arresting one of his good friends. The Beer Summit followed.
Hello, they did screw up in arresting him.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Did the owners of the whole video offer it up to anyone until that clip was played and used by, supposedly Tom Vilsack, to fire the woman? Nope, I think the NAACP held on to it too long and then they caused the real problem.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I thought that as well. I was watching O'Reilly (sp) last night and he made a big deal out of the other major networks not covering the Sherrod story but never once (not while I was watching) did he acknowledge the tape was edited, even though the male guest on his show said it several times. I thought that was the first rule of journalism: verify your facts before you publish them. It's kinda scary that the media can just run a story without finding out if it's true or not; especially a story that impacts lives of others.

This is one of the things I hate about him. He's so eager to please everybody that he ends up pissing off everybody. I keep hoping at some point he'll stand his ground and get a little Samuel L Jackson in him
Has he backed off on Obamacare, Stimulus, buyouts or any of his other big deals? I wish he would because I want to see if Obamacare is constitutiional.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:30 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
This is the second time Obama rushed to judgement. First the police officer and his friend. He condemned the police and now this case. Maybe next time they will look into it deeper before making a judgement.
Third time. He fired the general in Afghanistan based on a magazine article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies