Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 06:34 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,981 times

Advertisements

0h okay..

Old 07-21-2010, 06:36 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,567,892 times
Typical knee jerk reactions and one liners. Yaaawn.

Does anyone care to go beyond that and discuss the real issue of African Americans in relation to their African counterparts? Which do you think are faring better currently?

And why?

Don't be afraid. I won't call you a racist when you come to a conclusion.
Though I can't make any promises for the rest of the peanut gallery.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:38 PM

Truth is most African Americans don't have any relations to our African counterparts...meaning we really don't care. Selfish? Maybe..

Old 07-21-2010, 06:39 PM

180 posts, read 188,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Well they weren't given it. The American Colonization Society held a gun to the local king's head and made him sign the land over. Literally. Then within a few months his people tried to take over again since they'd thought the whole thing was a bad deal anyways. The British offered to help if the Amero-Liberians agreed to give the land to Britain, but the folks said no, beat the natives, and kept their independence.

Sierra Leone was also established as a home for freedmen although it was for freedmen from Britain and its colonies.
And OP thinks that a country with a history like this is supposed to be stable and because its not somehow shows incompetency. Wonder how stable America would be right now if the government didn't just kill off a massive number of Natives and send the survivors off to reservations.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Truth is most African Americans don't have any relations to our African counterparts...meaning we really don't care. Selfish? Maybe..
Just because you personally don't care about the two cultures
...does not mean they can't be compared and thought about and discussed.

Also, are you the spokesperson for your entire race now?
Thanks for participating though. See you later.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:43 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,173,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GALiberal View Post
send the survivors off to reservations.
I think the story of black and white colonization of Africa is that this doesn't end up working too well when most of the country is reservations.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:43 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
I don't know but if I was black in America today...I'd be pretty hushed and reserved in my criticism of the U.S. The only thing worse than your great great grandfather being involuntarily imported across the ocean ... would be if he wasn't and you, poor soul, were forced to live in THAT dung heap of a continent.

Seriously.
Slavery was bad and you're being discriminated against and 'boo hoo' but look at the news coming out of Africa and tell me you're not glad to be on this side of the Atlantic.
There it is...anyone that wants to go back to their "ROOTS" ...there are flight leaving daily.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:49 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Typical, calling the person making racist statements that a country cannot do well without being enslaved by another racial segment a racist. Terrible when people do that, instead of falling down and just accepting that they were better off being enslaved according to the OP.

/snark

Old 07-21-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Just because you personally don't care about the two cultures
...does not mean they can't be compared and thought about and discussed.

Also, are you the spokesperson for your entire race now?
Thanks for participating though. See you later.

What else can be compared between the two cultures? What the color of our skin? THAT & BASICALLY A FEW OTHER THINGS IS ALL WE HAVE IN COMMON.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GALiberal View Post
And OP thinks that a country with a history like this is supposed to be stable and because its not somehow shows incompetency. Wonder how stable America would be right now if the government didn't just kill off a massive number of Natives and send the survivors off to reservations.
Really? That's what I think? Golly gee, thanks! I'll go tell myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
I think the story of black and white colonization of Africa is that this doesn't end up working too well when most of the country is reservations.
A novel concept. How do you make most of a continent a reservation? OR are you saying they didn't (couldn't) and that was the problem... that complete and effective 'colonization' is what makes the U.S., for lack of a better term, a '1st world' nation and Africa a 3rd world nation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies