Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:41 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
So naturally this must mean you're better off signing off for corporation xyz to dump lead in your water supply. I see. Better your kids be brain dead than risk listening to liberal concerns.
So what are liberals doing with water fluoridation, which is poison? Oh right, nothing. And yes I still stand by my fact that liberals would rather tax the problems, rather than solve them. I believe in protecting the environment, but not so much that it starts to resemble Agenda 21 from the UN, and the global warming cult, which is fake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 11:26 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
How much do conservatives value nature?
Isn't it very likely that conservatives will usually side with big business to pollute and destroy? Without any regard for the wildlife and natural features.
Don't conservatives usually regard the environment as a place to build, to exploit for resources, and to dump waste?
I'm a conservative. I spent half of my vacation in two out of state wildlife refuges this year. I feed birds all winter long, every year (they don't need me in the buggy seasons). The only magazine I subscribe to is bird-related. Nature photography is my hobby. My address labels have wildlife on them. I spend a lot of my time in National and State Parks as there are a number of them near to where I live. Isn't the root of "conservation" and "conservative" the same?

I hate hypocrisy when it's all about power and money.

Don't tell me how green I should be in my clean air suburban/rural townwhen you live in a smelly cement jungle and you all run to a single patch of grass called a city park and declare it nature. Don't tell me what kind of car I should drive when you jet all over the US and the world using massive amounts of fuel or you don't even drive yourself because you live in a city or someone else drives you around because you pay them to do it. Don't tell me it's cruel to not want unemployment benefits to be extended when "green" laws have put lots of people out of work or they have lost their farms because the water has been diverted to save some little fish. Don't tell me how hot or cold my home should be. I already pay more for electricity if I use more. I don't need your creepy intrusive SmartMeters. Don't tell me about your creepy energy saving light bulbs that are dangerous to your health if they break. How can you look at Spain who went all in on greening their country and lost 2.2 regular jobs for every one job they created and still want us to go down that same road?

http://www.juandemariana.org/pdf/090...-renewable.pdf

But most of all, wake up on the issue of carbon credits and ask yourself is it really okay that you should conserve energy to save the environment so some rich guy like Al Gore can use all he wants AND make a buck off of it, too, by being a middle man. How is carbon credits doing anything for the environment? It's not. It's about power and money.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:14 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,316,752 times
Not just no but hell no.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSLX View Post
We had conservatives control congress for 14 straight years. ( before america woke up & kicked them out) We had conservatives control the White House & the Presidency for 8 straight years.

We had conservatives control ALL 3 branches of Government PLUS majority of Governors in America for 6straight years, 6 of the last 8 years. ( Presidential, Legislative & Judicial)

Look at our nation today ????? Do you want to go back ???? Go ahead!

The NO REGULATION - WALL STREET, BANKS, INSURANCE COMPANIES WERE THE BOSS!

Literally & Figuratively got our nation on its knees in near economic collapse by September 2008 & the worst economic quarter ( 3rd quarter of 2008) in our history since the great depression.

Left our nation with the HIGHEST DEFICIT, the HIGHEST SPENDING of any administration with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO SHOW but a RUINED ECONOMY!

Took office with a budget surplus, left office in 8 years with the largest deficit of any President.

Fast Forward today, BLOCK, OBJECT, REJECT, STALL any & all agendas of the New President.

NEVER EVER FORGET HOW & WHO GOT US HERE !!!! AMEN

Great! Another uniformed liberal.

It's like they have a hidden nest somewhere and keep multiplying one ignorant leftist at a time.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...cause-our.html

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/usgov...division_2.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMInSfanqg

Last edited by momonkey; 07-22-2010 at 12:44 AM..

Old 07-22-2010, 12:38 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,852 times
Oh, please.. get over this conservatives are evil/liberals are evil crap.

It's not possible to take a more conservationist stance if you're conservative? I'd love to do more but quite frankly, until everyone adopts cleaner standards as far as the environment goes, my ideas of how it should work (responsible harvesting and use of resources, and sustainable growth/development/energy sources) probably make me somewhat of an anomaly..

Old 07-22-2010, 01:04 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So what are liberals doing with water fluoridation, which is poison? Oh right, nothing. And yes I still stand by my fact that liberals would rather tax the problems, rather than solve them. I believe in protecting the environment, but not so much that it starts to resemble Agenda 21 from the UN, and the global warming cult, which is fake
LISTENING is not the same as agreeing. Just because I listen to liberals doesn't mean I agree with everything they said. When I show the same courtesy to conservatives it also doesn't mean I agree with all.

You've unfortunately disqualified yourself from meaningful debate with your prejudice. Ideas are supposed to stand on their own merits, not judged by who the author was. By your own admission, there's nothing liberals (or the rest of us) can be right about. Does your omnipotence scare you?

Old 07-22-2010, 01:35 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Oh, please.. get over this conservatives are evil/liberals are evil crap.
I'd love to, so lets do that right this second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I'd love to do more but quite frankly, until everyone adopts cleaner standards as far as the environment goes, my ideas of how it should work (responsible harvesting and use of resources, and sustainable growth/development/energy sources) probably make me somewhat of an anomaly..
I believe you can do more. I'd like to do more too. We need to do more. We don't necessarily need a complicated 2,000 book plan that no one understands but... Since when does America wait for others to pioneer?

I don't like cap and trade all that much but I think the liberals were right about a basic premise or two. I think people (and companies, and industries) need to be responsible for what they do. This means if BP doesn't have the elaborate fail safes and liability insurance to fully make whole the mess they might make for a risky endeavor the answer is absolutely not.

I think instructing the law to sit down with selective enforcement or grace and favor to a political pet isn't just. If what you're doing is costing the rest of us something an injustice is occurring. This means that although my coal state needs to make a living, the sulfur dioxide & waste stream need to be managed (not by taxpayers, but by the coal industry). Cost shifting games is deceitful and harmful to public trust. If our financial crisis is any lesson, the shell games make true accounting impossible. The cost will ultimately be born on consumers of coal, but at least that's truth in advertising.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:32 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post

I believe you can do more. I'd like to do more too. We need to do more. We don't necessarily need a complicated 2,000 book plan that no one understands but... Since when does America wait for others to pioneer?
Unfortunately, America isn't quite the pioneering kind of country it used to be.. useless quarrels about everything when there is usually some sort of acceptable middle ground.

I get the feeling politics were invented to give the people with the biggest mouths something to do, which is why politicians can never just ****, compromise to everyone's benefit, and get something, ANYTHING done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies