Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 09:49 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hey, is there any chance that you could watch Beck on Moderator cut: no links promoting a specific show, please and tell me all the lies he told about this story. I need someone from your side of the aisle to see him and tell me where they saw lies that they can prove were lies. How about trying your hand at it. Surely Media Matters will have their spun version of it out by morning and you can use their story.

These people knew Fox did nothing wrong.

The radical left have been trained to change the REAL STORY, that of her being a racist POS who does not deserve to be paid to abuse my tax dollar.

Is there any doubt the woman is a racist?

That is the REAL ISSUE HERE.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-24-2010 at 12:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 09:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
My point exactly. I am not going to split hairs over viewership numbers since I don't really care and think the American people can vote with their remotes (and often do), but 2.5 million viewers in the middle of the day, on a cable channel that not everyone gets, is considered really good. In contrast, CNN's Anderson Cooper (a favorite of mine) gets only about 700,000 viewers per day.

Like George Bush or not, can you imagine he or Bill Clinton firing someone because they MAY or MAY NOT be on Anderson Cooper that night? The fact is, the Obama Administration spends a lot of time trying to discredit Fox News and then basically trashes a woman's reputation over the same program they belittle. Very thin-skinned for someone who is supposed to be our leader. Not very Statesman-like.
They weren't trying very hard to be statesman like because what they were after was a chance to make Fox out to be the bad guy. They ordered the resignation before Beck went on the air and he said nothing, anyway and then they went after the evening people who reported the story over nearly 3 hours after the resignation took place. When Obama offered her a job in return for his mistake it showed up big that he was trying again to get at Fox. They intend to get Fox one way or another and have all that help from the MSM and those other news people.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
LOL

fox entertainment continued their story - while “news-breaking” CNN was reporting the truth! Guess a person needs to watch and listen to more then one source to get true “fair & balanced” information on news.
You might try watching Glenn Beck's show the past two days to see what the real story was. This evening he put up a really outstanding timeline about this story and I wouldn't mind having you watch that and then tell me the lies or mistakes he made. I keep wanting somebody who calls him a liar to tell me some of his lies instead of just that he lies. I guess that is all Media Matters tells them.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:57 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
They weren't trying very hard to be statesman like because what they were after was a chance to make Fox out to be the bad guy. They ordered the resignation before Beck went on the air and he said nothing, anyway and then they went after the evening people who reported the story over nearly 3 hours after the resignation took place. When Obama offered her a job in return for his mistake it showed up big that he was trying again to get at Fox. They intend to get Fox one way or another and have all that help from the MSM and those other news people.

They go after Fox when they know it was not aired until AFTER the racist resigned.

If you did nothing wrong, would you have resigned or would you not resign and force them to prove they were wrong?

Guess she knew she was wrong and RESIGNED.

So the lady QUIT her job!!! You gotta be kidding me.

Racist and a QUITTER at the same time

Old 07-22-2010, 09:59 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene

Fox News was Cautious with Sherrod Story: Did not air the story until AFTER her Resignation

Old 07-22-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Fox screwed up BIG time. It's pretty pathetic that people still will defend that propaganda spewing, hate machine channel.
Another great person to watch today's Beck show so you can come back to me with all the lies he told tonight. He had an excellent timeline of this thing on there and I saw nothing at all wrong with it. Surely you could catch him with at least one lie before you get the spun story from Media Matters or one of those sites. Moderator cut: NO links promoting a specific show, please. Watch and then you will have video proof of his lies.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-24-2010 at 12:59 AM..

Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
No her comments weren't racist to me. They were real. She had a bias but it didn't prevent her from doing her job. IMO we need more people like her who will admit where race was an issue for them instead of people who lie and say "I've never had a racist thought in my life. I think everyone is great and I've always treated everyone the same."

It's so convenient how we as a country forget that people can change in 10, 20, 30 years. 40 years ago my mom got bottles and stones and bricks thrown at her while trying to go school. It's doubtful that all the people doing the throwing are dead but it's very possible that many of them have changed their way of thinking since then.
Hey, Nat, did you see the excellent bit Glenn Beck did about Sherrod yesterday, July 21? He said the whole thing about as well as anyone has yet when he said that all the noise is keeping us from seeing that she tried very hard to talk about the pivot point in her life and nobody seems to give a damn about that. I was very proud of him the way he did that show. If you want to see him you can do it at the site I have spread all over this place tonight.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They go after Fox when they know it was not aired until AFTER the racist resigned.

If you did nothing wrong, would you have resigned or would you not resign and force them to prove they were wrong?

Guess she knew she was wrong and RESIGNED.

So the lady QUIT her job!!! You gotta be kidding me.

Racist and a QUITTER at the same time
I didn't see racism in her speech as it was on the whole thing. I am like Glenn Beck in that we saw her at a pivot point where she stopped seeing black and white although she did still see rich and poor. I think the poor woman has been badly mistreated by the Obama administraion, the NAACP and the MSM and hope somehow she can come out of this ahead.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
[/b]
You haven't seen Glenn Beck's time line from this evening and you won't, I am sure. Is the story over or not? I am sure that Obama is praying that it is over no matter what god he prays to.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:08 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Hey, Nat, did you see the excellent bit Glenn Beck did about Sherrod yesterday, July 21? He said the whole thing about as well as anyone has yet when he said that all the noise is keeping us from seeing that she tried very hard to talk about the pivot point in her life and nobody seems to give a damn about that. I was very proud of him the way he did that show. If you want to see him you can do it at the site I have spread all over this place tonight.
I watched it. I also watched Anderson Cooper the other night where he had the man the story was about on. He said not only did she help him, but that she went out of her way to make sure he kept his farm. The noise from the sidelines on this is horrendous. I wanted to throw my remote at Ben Jealous. He should have been the main one trying to refocus the attention on the moral behind the story instead of going on yet another tirade of how "the media snookered us because we're black and stupid"

Quote:
I didn't see racism in her speech as it was on the whole thing. I am like Glenn Beck in that we saw her at a pivot point where she stopped seeing black and white although she did still see rich and poor. I think the poor woman has been badly mistreated by the Obama administraion, the NAACP and the MSM and hope somehow she can come out of this ahead.
Comment like this will get ignored as they don't involve calling her a racist POS or something else moronic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies