Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:04 PM

175 posts, read 113,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
have really put the pedal to the medal accusing blacks and hispanics of being racist towards whites?
Just look at CDF.....
While I realize that this is my opinion and it would take a lot of work to factually prove it (except for, again, looking at CDF postings)...I never saw them post, 90% or more, wrongfully, that "look at the racism, by blacks, against white people!", while Bush was in office.
Taking talking points from Limpballs and Beck perhaps and running away with them?
Again, as anyone else noticed this?
I have... it's a narrative that energizes their base. Nothing makes right leaners circle the wagons faster or harder than the idea that they are America's oppressed and persecuted.

It didn't pay much dividents in 2008 (which they seem to have forgotten) but they're hoping to get a different result in 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 01:04 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Or maybe the best "idea" is to stop the progressive agenda?
Which part of it?

That's the problem with people like you. You are a slave to ideology. Any idea, no matter how good, no matter how beneficial or rational or desirable, is automatically rejected by political zealots if it isn't on the "approved list" of what the Party accepts.

I'm not going to reject an otherwise good idea just because it comes from the other side of the aisle.

You guys are worse than Communists.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:06 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,129,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Your planet of residence?
Earth.

'Orange Alert"

LOL

It's a standard right-wing tactic. You cannot get the masses to go along with you otherwise - you have to create an enemy or tout some emotion-laden issue to get the masses to vote against their own interests. Hence, religion.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:06 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Its not rubbish but you are free to think it is if you wish
Look, racist signs carried at pre-election rallies and at tea party rallies since say you are wrong. I hear direct, racist comments on job sites. My hgh school sweetheart is forever posting racist comments about Obama on her Facebook status. Thank God I dumped herbefore graduation. My spidey sense was working well.

There is a racist element on the right. No, not everyone on the right -- just like not everyone in that room (where a few people laughed/cheered when Sherrod said what she said) were racists.

It seems that some on the right want to be able to have their cake and eat it too. Now, lefties are supposed to "move beyond" race, because the POTUS is a lefty and non-white, while the right screams reverse-racism constantly. What a farce.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:29 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
have really put the pedal to the medal accusing blacks and hispanics of being racist towards whites?
Just look at CDF.....
While I realize that this is my opinion and it would take a lot of work to factually prove it (except for, again, looking at CDF postings)...I never saw them post, 90% or more, wrongfully, that "look at the racism, by blacks, against white people!", while Bush was in office.
Taking talking points from Limpballs and Beck perhaps and running away with them?
Again, as anyone else noticed this?
Get your facts straight. I don't know any conservative or republican who opposed Obama because he is black. But they did oppose his policies, starting with the stimulus, becaue they are ruinous to the country. The Dems and the liberals pushed back, not by defending their ideas, but by branding the opposition as racist. So if race consciousness has been elevated since Obama was elected blame those responsible--the Dems.

Now conservatives have raised a race-related issue recently in two circumstances. The first resulted from the failure of Eric Holder to prosecute the New Black Panther Party members who attempted to intimidate white voters as they went to the polls in 2008. Holder never explained that failure and when a former Justice Department lawyer came out and alleged that race was at the core of the decision not to prosecute conservatives got upset--as they should have. That matter is still hanging out there and will continue to cause racial tension until it is resolved. But don't lay that at the doorstep of conservatives. It's Holder who has some explaining to do.

Then the Congressional Black Caucus tried to stir up racial animosity against the Tea Party by claiming that John Lewis was called the N-word 15 times when he and other CBC members marched arm in arm through a crowd of Tea Party protesting the health care bill. It never happened. Again, look who was raising the race issue.

And, most recently, the NAACP, at their national convention, went out of their way to brand the Tea Party as racist. That occasioned some push back from the Tea Party and two days ago Andrew Breitbart posted a video of a meeting of a local chapter of the NAACP that purported to show overt racism on the part of that organization. But all of that was reactive. Contrary to your assertion it's not conservatives who are labeling people as racists. It's liberals. Your post is but part of a larger pattern of liberal smears. But the smears aren't working. And now I smell desperation as the election draws closer.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:39 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,527,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Get your facts straight. I don't know any conservative or republican who opposed Obama because he is black. But they did oppose his policies, starting with the stimulus, becaue they are ruinous to the country. The Dems and the liberals pushed back, not by defending their ideas, but by branding the opposition as racist. So if race consciousness has been elevated since Obama was elected blame those responsible--the Dems.

Now conservatives have raised a race-related issue recently in two circumstances. The first resulted from the failure of Eric Holder to prosecute the New Black Panther Party members who attempted to intimidate white voters as they went to the polls in 2008. Holder never explained that failure and when a former Justice Department lawyer came out and alleged that race was at the core of the decision not to prosecute conservatives got upset--as they should have. That matter is still hanging out there and will continue to cause racial tension until it is resolved. But don't lay that at the doorstep of conservatives. It's Holder who has some explaining to do.

Then the Congressional Black Caucus tried to stir up racial animosity against the Tea Party by claiming that John Lewis was called the N-word 15 times when he and other CBC members marched arm in arm through a crowd of Tea Party protesting the health care bill. It never happened. Again, look who was raising the race issue.

And, most recently, the NAACP, at their national convention, went out of their way to brand the Tea Party as racist. That occasioned some push back from the Tea Party and two days ago Andrew Breitbart posted a video of a meeting of a local chapter of the NAACP that purported to show overt racism on the part of that organization. But all of that was reactive. Contrary to your assertion it's not conservatives who are labeling people as racists. It's liberals. Your post is but part of a larger pattern of liberal smears. But the smears aren't working. And now I smell desperation as the election draws closer.
The last part of this post.....
proves my point about the right.....
wake up..
the NAACP passed a resolution for the Tea Party to condemn racism in it's own movement.....NOT...to brand the Tea Party as racist!!!

Old 07-22-2010, 01:42 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
Doesn't help you guys that David Duke supports the Tea Party.
Did it help the Democrats when tghey voted down civil rights legislation for almost 100 years?

History of Filibusters

Quote:
The Republican Party was not so badly split as the Democrats by the civil rights issue. Only one Republican senator participated in the filibuster against the bill. In fact, since 1933, Republicans had a more positive record on civil rights than the Democrats. In the twenty-six major civil rights votes since 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 % of the votes. By contrast, the Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96 % of the votes.

Did it bother the Democrats when Senator Byrd was a member and recruiter for the KKK?

People in glass houses.......

Old 07-22-2010, 01:49 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Did it help the Democrats when tghey voted down civil rights legislation for almost 100 years?

History of Filibusters

Did it bother the Democrats when Senator Byrd was a member and recruiter for the KKK?

People in glass houses.......
Whatever!

The politics of 100 years ago don't apply today. Unless one is simply trying to score partisan points, for the sake of doing so.

I can point at the vote tallies from the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and turn it around...

Barely any Southern politicians voted for it, from either party, and NONE (Southerners) from the Republican party.

The original House version:
  • Southern Democrats: 7-87 (7%-93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0-10 (0%-100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%-6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%-15%)
The Senate version:
  • Southern Democrats: 1-20 (5%-95%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0-1 (0%-100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%-2%)
  • Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%-16%)
Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See why your argument is so silly (especially the "glass houses" part)?

Old 07-22-2010, 02:00 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Look, racist signs carried at pre-election rallies and at tea party rallies since say you are wrong. I hear direct, racist comments on job sites. My hgh school sweetheart is forever posting racist comments about Obama on her Facebook status. Thank God I dumped herbefore graduation. My spidey sense was working well.

There is a racist element on the right. No, not everyone on the right -- just like not everyone in that room (where a few people laughed/cheered when Sherrod said what she said) were racists.

It seems that some on the right want to be able to have their cake and eat it too. Now, lefties are supposed to "move beyond" race, because the POTUS is a lefty and non-white, while the right screams reverse-racism constantly. What a farce.
No doubt there is racist out there but the people you know that are racist doesnt make me a racist just because we both might not agree with Obama.

Look at the signs democrats carried against Bush. I seen one that said they were there to kill Bush, Guess that means you also want to kill Bush simply because you and the person holding that sign didnt agree with Bush.

There is racist elements on all sides but it seems the only racist elements the left wants to talk about or have a problem with is the ones on the right.

I think we should all move beyond race. Thought that before Obama and guess what I think that after Obama. Its a shame that race relations have gotten worse since Obama has been in office. Its like you cant oppose anything now a days without being called a racist.

Obama is NOT a NON white he is half white

Old 07-22-2010, 02:15 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I didn't say that they were successful in their attempt to obstruct.

But that is generally what conservatives do - try to maintain the status quo, because the status quo favors them. They are by their very nature obstructionist and opposed to change.
It's the destruction of the country they are opposed to.....which is what the unholy triad of Obama/Pelosi/Reid is doing to the country.....tear it down and rebuild it in their own image.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies