Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:09 PM

584 posts, read 871,297 times

Advertisements

Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 08:09 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
I'm a Patriot. I was raised during the Bi-Centennial era. But I would not go simply because I think that Hannity is a phony....unlike Glenn Beck and Rush.

That being said, I hope the money gets to the people it's meant to help.

BTW....I'll be at the Restoring Honor 8/28 gathering at the Lincoln Memorial.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:15 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
It's a scam!

[UPDATED] Is Sean Hannity’s ‘Freedom Concert’ Series Skimping on Charity? « The Washington Independent
According to its 2006 tax returns, Freedom Alliance reported revenue of $10,822,785, but only $397,900–or a beyond-measly 3.68%–of that was given to the children of fallen troops as scholarships or as aid to severely injured soldiers.
On the other hand, 62% of the money went to “expenses,” including $979,485 for “consultants” and an “advisor.” Yes, consultant/advisors got more than double what injured troops and the kids of fallen troops got. The tax forms show that “New World Aviation” got paid $60,601 for “air travel.” Was that for Hannity’s G5? Like I said, neither the charity nor Hannity is talking. And finally, that year, Freedom Alliance spent $1,730,816 on postage and shipping and $1,414,215 on printing, for a total of $3,145,031, nearly half the revenue the charity spent that year and about eight times what the injured troops and the children of fallen ones received.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:15 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Looks more like the Redneck Altamount.
let's hope it doesn't end the same way!

Old 07-22-2010, 08:16 PM

425 posts, read 366,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm a Patriot. I was raised during the Bi-Centennial era. But I would not go simply because I think that Hannity is a phony....unlike Glenn Beck and Rush.

That being said, I hope the money gets to the people it's meant to help.

BTW....I'll be at the Restoring Honor 8/28 gathering at the Lincoln Memorial.
Are you going to be our eyewitness reporter ? Awesome! I want to see pics of the NPB getting cuffed.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:58 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I think here are a few more middle of the ground groups or performers who would appeal to a more mainstream base..

1. Hootie and the blowfish?

2. Kid Rock ?

3. Journey?

4. Prince...but only if he played his old stuff...(ok, maybe not..i can't see Prince and Sean getting along)

5. Dolly Parton...now that's a country music singer many can relate to from all demigraphics...

6. Maybe Usher ?

7. Brittney Spears ?

8. Whitney Houstan?

9. Snoop Doggie Dog...(just messen)

10. Kenny Rogers...but only if he sang his old stuff...

All I'm saying...is why not bring in groups that appeal to a slightly broader base....

But as the other poster said...politically I'm not sure if they would all mesh...

Or the guy who sang 'Achy breaky heart'....
Dolly Parton? Would she perform at such an event? I don't know. Would she be wanted at such an event? Maybe not.

Dolly Parton's Words of Gay Rights Wisdom:

Quote:
Speaking to The Times, Parton responded to a question about how she justifies having an annual Gay Day at her amusement park, the beloved Dollywood, which is right-smack in the middle of the Bible Belt.
"I’m not a poster child for gay rights by any means," Parton says. "But I have so many gay and lesbian friends and they’re just so pure and so true. That’s not politics to me. That’s human rights.”

Dolly Parton's Words of Gay Rights Wisdom | Gay Rights | Change.org

Old 07-22-2010, 09:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
let's hope it doesn't end the same way!
Not with the KKK runnin' security!

Old 07-22-2010, 09:04 PM

Whitney Houston? She doesn't seem very political as far as I can tell. Looks like she's made at least one campaign donation, though - to a Democrat.

NEWSMEAT ▷ Whitney Houston's Federal Campaign Contribution Report

I'm not going to go through the whole list, but I wanted to see what I could find out about Dolly and Whitney because they are great performers that I wouldn't mind seeing.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Marshal Tucker. good choice.
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Blue Grass. I can't be certain but I don't think there were deep political messages in any of their songs.
Glad to have experienced such a time.

Willie--if you want an Outlaw.
Are you for real? Willie wouldn't touch a Hannity concert with a million foot pole!

Saw him recently. Still awesome!

Old 07-22-2010, 09:24 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
I'm not a huge fan of country, but even if I was, I wouldn't go. And I would find other channels to give to military families. Hannity is a phony and don't trust him as far as I could throw him..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies