Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 10:41 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,403,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
NOTHING compares to nor will ever compare to the complete Cult of Personality and glorification of Obama during 2008. Ive never seen anything like it. And that was created by a few things, not counting the hype from media/hollywood. He was black and Democrat. He could speak well and read a teleprompter well. He had "catchy" slogans. That whole Obama worship that happened in 08 was not based on his record or accomplishments. Not based off his "friends" and "acquaintances".

Fortunately, many people have finally realized they were duped by there own stupidity and by the aide of media. Had people actually looked into this mans past, his records, and beliefs he wouldnt have been worshiped by so many.
I wonder if Oprah Winfrey regrets helping him now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 03:38 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,789,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I wonder if Oprah Winfrey regrets helping him now?

I'd say yes.....But you know as well as I do she'd never admit it!

Old 07-24-2010, 08:23 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,781,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I only voted for him because he's black and since he's still black (or at least half black) so I'm still pretty pleased with myself.
I appreciate your honesty! That is the topic of this thread Now we have a President that has shown to be for the most part a failure, and many people such as yourself voted for him because of his race, and as much as people like myself tried to warn that he is basically another big government liberal, it didnt matter because it was more important to have a President of a certain race than substance! Again this is the topic of this thread!

Old 07-24-2010, 11:03 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,394,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It's working out pretty well.
The economy is recovering - slower than I'd like admittedly - but absolutely recovering, and - even with the downturn of the 2nd quarter, the stock market is WAY above either where it was when he was elected or where it was when he was sworn in.

Ken
: smack:

a growing body of evidence suggests the United States is heading toward an economic netherworld -- avoiding a slide back into recession but growing so slowly that unemployment will remain high, home prices low and incomes essentially stagnant.

Many Americans may continue to feel much as they did during the worst recession in half a century: filled with insecurity, financial pressures and fading hopes for a quick return to better times.

The former Labor secretary during the Clinton administration painted a grim picture of what the continuing economic weakness will mean for large numbers of people, including those who have lost jobs.

"If they're over age 55 (and unemployed), it's unlikely they'll ever be back in the workforce. Most families that depended on two wage earners will have to substantially tighten their belts for a long time. More young people will be living with their parents, and more families will be doubling up."

http://journalstar.com/business/loca...cc4c03286.html

Old 07-24-2010, 11:13 PM

454 posts, read 481,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Now that the charade is over......remember all the hope and change the flowery speeches, the tears the orgasms all the history in the making. Well how did that work out for you, we are 2 years in and not only has the economy not recovered it has signs of getting worse, everything obama has done in the name of recovery is going to push us deep into a depression next year. The war's are still going. Racial issues have been made worse, nothing has been done on the environment............If you voted for obama because you wanted to be part of history, hows that working for you?
Well, the hope is gone and all I have is some change in my pocket.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:50 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,238,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
: smack:

a growing body of evidence suggests the United States is heading toward an economic netherworld -- avoiding a slide back into recession but growing so slowly that unemployment will remain high, home prices low and incomes essentially stagnant.

Many Americans may continue to feel much as they did during the worst recession in half a century: filled with insecurity, financial pressures and fading hopes for a quick return to better times.

The former Labor secretary during the Clinton administration painted a grim picture of what the continuing economic weakness will mean for large numbers of people, including those who have lost jobs.

"If they're over age 55 (and unemployed), it's unlikely they'll ever be back in the workforce. Most families that depended on two wage earners will have to substantially tighten their belts for a long time. More young people will be living with their parents, and more families will be doubling up."

http://journalstar.com/business/loca...cc4c03286.html
I notice you didn't post THIS quote from your link:

"Some analysts said the recent economic retreat could be a pause in the economy as it shifts from one supported by government to one buoyed by the private sector. Business spending for equipment and software remains solid."

or THIS one:

"President Barack Obama pushed through a $787 billion economic stimulus early last year, which many agree helped rescue the economy from recession."

The fact is - as weak as the economic growth may be - it's STILL GROWTH, which is a WHOLE LOT better than it was a year ago - or 2 years ago for that matter. We are now CREATING jobs rather than SHEDDING them. Yes, the growth is not what I would like - and there was a LOT of damage done to the economy before the recovery took hold, but I'd still rather have THIS than the situation Obama faced when he took office. Many companies have TONS of money sitting on the sidelines available for new hiring and/or new plants. It's just a matter of time until they decide to spend it.

Ken

Old 07-25-2010, 02:49 AM

15,585 posts, read 27,466,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
..."President Barack Obama pushed through a $787 billion economic stimulus early last year, which many agree helped rescue the economy from recession."...
Rescue? Did someone say rescue? The Recession is worse now than before the $787 billion economic stimulus early last year!!!

Hello McFly!

Old 07-25-2010, 07:09 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,323,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I appreciate your honesty! That is the topic of this thread Now we have a President that has shown to be for the most part a failure, and many people such as yourself voted for him because of his race, and as much as people like myself tried to warn that he is basically another big government liberal, it didnt matter because it was more important to have a President of a certain race than substance! Again this is the topic of this thread!
You're very welcome oh and by the way I was being sarcastic.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:34 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,238,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Rescue? Did someone say rescue? The Recession is worse now than before the $787 billion economic stimulus early last year!!!

Hello McFly!
That must be why we went from losing roughly 800,000 jobs in January (a SINGLE month!!!!) of 2009 (the month Obama was sworn in) to creating a net 700,000+ jobs so far this year (even AFTER the drop due to the disappearance of the temp census-related jobs).

Only in the eyes of a blind ultra-partisan would going from losing up to 800,000/month to gaining jobs each month be considered "worse".
LOL

Ken

Old 07-25-2010, 08:42 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,899,038 times
Obama, the historic mistake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies