Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:00 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,589,371 times

Advertisements

This thread should be merged into this one:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...mosque-17.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 06:00 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,841,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
There's plenty of land. Why do they want to build it there?
Do you think they didn't expect it to be controversial and it might offend many people?
Is there a possibility of them doing that on purpose? You know to divide us even more.
Exactly!

Old 07-23-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
This thread should be merged into this one:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...mosque-17.html
No, because this is about NEWT alone!

Old 07-23-2010, 06:03 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Newt obviously hates America. In this country we are free to buy land and put up pretty much whatever we want. What part about "Freedom" don't you people understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Just when the ridiculous moves into the realm of the absurd.

Forgive my ignorance, but are the Saudis asking to build a Mosque in New York or are American citizens?

And, could someone please explain to me how a country (the U.S. since it seems some of us are forgetting where we live) that Constitutionally protect against discrimination based upon race, religion or national origin withholds those rights in order to make a some yet to be fathomed point against a country which completely ignores those very rights.

Help me out here folks.

One confused as f---ed American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
He may not accept it but he us no choice but to allow it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh. And here I thought a potential US Presidential candidate would take pride in having religious freedom as a Constitutional right, unlike Saudi Arabia.

ETA: Curse you, JohKnip, and your fast typing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Since when are we Saudi Arabia. I thought our country had more freedom than they have there. Guess I was wrong.
Interesting how none of these posts have been responded to yet. Especially when you realize these are some of the more rational posts in this thread so far.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:04 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,458,563 times
Aside from hyperbole and other non-sense, please tell me what part of this mosque going up is against the law, or against the COTUS?

Old 07-23-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Since when are we Saudi Arabia. I thought our country had more freedom than they have there. Guess I was wrong.
Sharia Law does not allow for separation of church and state. You should think about that one.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:08 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,178,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
There's plenty of land. Why do they want to build it there?
Do you think they didn't expect it to be controversial and it might offend many people?
Is there a possibility of them doing that on purpose? You know to divide us even more.
Well it is a couple of blocks away. How far from the site is far enough? I know what some people will say... but I'm curious what those who might have a real opinion, instead of just a zinger, have to say.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Interesting how none of these posts have been responded to yet. Especially when you realize these are some of the more rational posts in this thread so far.
I will answer them all at once.

Sharia Law does not allow for separation of church and state. You should think about that one.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:11 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,458,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I will answer them all at once.

Zzzzzzzzz....coming up empty as usual.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:11 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,810,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
And, could someone please explain to me how a country (the U.S. since it seems some of us are forgetting where we live) that Constitutionally protect against discrimination based upon race, religion or national origin withholds those rights in order to make a some yet to be fathomed point against a country which completely ignores those very rights.

Help me out here folks.

One confused as f---ed American.
First of all, nobody's saying they shouldn't build the mosque. Some people don't like the idea of building a mosque in this particular place.

Do you know how hard it is to get a zoning clearance to build a grocery store because liberals like you think it is bad for the environment?
But when it comes to a controversial imam building a mosque near Ground Zero you have absolutely no problem with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies