Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 04:37 AM

31 posts, read 15,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Cows are sacred to Hindus, not Muslims.

It would be really nice that if people at least took the time to know what the hell they were against, before they were against it.
I agree we serve ham sandwiches and pork ribs disguised of course as camel chips.mmm mmmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 05:05 AM

563 posts, read 518,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh, for crying out loud. Muslims have no problem with beef. Pork, yes. Beef, not at all. Were you thinking (and I am using the broadest possible definition of that word) of Hindus?

It's really rather sad to watch people too ignorant to even get their bigotry right.
Well Kirdik finished my thought for me.....I was on the verge of passing out for the night and didn't finish.......what a better topping than bacon for that burger.....can't open up a bacon store, although that would be kind of cool.

Call me what you want, but I have none, zero, nada, zilch compassion for that group. I don't care that there are a very small handful that are not like the majority of them. They way all of them in the middle east celebrated after 9-11, if they were on fire in the streets, I would not waste my spit or urine to put them out. I will run into a store and buy some marshmellows and enjoy a campfire treat. Maybe toss a few slabs of bacon on them for a quick cook.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't get it.

Why shouldn't anyone build whatever they want (as long as they meet zoning and building requirements) anywhere there is available land?

Or are y'all really moronic enough to believe that just because the 9/11 terrorists were muslim, all muslims are bad? That is some childish tripe, for real. A sixth grader has better logic skills than this.

I mean, it's embarrassing to share the country with people who think like this. It's embarrassing to share the republican party with people who think like this.
Yes, because of 9/11 I have no compassion for these people. Yes, there are some nice muslim folks, but the way the majority acted, I do not care for them. At the end of the day they are still for their religion. There are many places they can build their mosque. By allowing it at this site is a slap in the face.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Cows are sacred to Hindus, not Muslims.

It would be really nice that if people at least took the time to know what the hell they were against, before they were against it.
yeah yeah yeah....so I took a page out of Barack Barry Obama Sunfalupakis......I acted too quickly without thinking of the ramifications....Only difference was I was half asleep.....Obama is in full control........Make them a mosque full of bacon strips.....heck, I'm going up to NY in a couple of weeks.....I am going to drop a few packs of back off for them.....cheap kind of course...don't wha to go overboard.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:02 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
I just saw an column by Richard Cohen, a Jew, criticizing Gingrich for his position.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:17 AM

276 posts, read 747,370 times
Default Mosque in NYC

What a slap in the face to Americans! Is this Obama's idea of a joke? 911 changed the life of so many. What's going on that Americans would consider going along with this. There are Mosques everywhere why does it have to be there? The place where so many were murdered should be considered hollowed ground now and a dedication of respectful monument should be built and placed there for the surviving family, friends and those who ventured in to help save lives and clean up should be the only thing there. I'm discusted with Obama allowing something like this to occur, but then again, is Obama truly american?

Old 08-04-2010, 06:25 AM

720 posts, read 691,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
Yes, there are some nice muslim folks, but the way the majority acted, I do not care for them. At the end of the day they are still for their religion. There are many places they can build their mosque. By allowing it at this site is a slap in the face.
OK, I like everyone, until they give me a reason not to like them and I am talking individually here. However, in my own experience, this is very true.

I am in college(better late than never I guess), at my college I would have to guessimate that it is probably 60 percent muslim..How do I know, because over half of that guesstimate still where the clothing of their home country. I have no issue with that, just using it because I know many people here always say "wheres your proof"..

Now, my point is, not very many of that percentage are kind people. They are rude, indignant , and they can't speak English, yet are receiving all kinds of grants monies etc etc(I worked in the Fin Aid office).

If the muslims really wanted to do something profound to promote unity, they would step off ground zero. Rubbing salt into anyone's wound is bound to have repercussions..

Old 08-04-2010, 06:26 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
I can see where we have to protect their freedoms if we want to preserve ours, and I can see how it's easy to distrust all of them for what some have done. I don't know what the answer is. They could be building not only a place of worship and center for education, but a place for the building of more terrorists. It's one thing when Muslims (finally) speak out and denouce extremism to those of us outside of their religion, but do they denouce and condemn it within their own circles?

The fact that they may only be presenting a public face to the rest of the world for their own benefit is a matter of concern. With what we know about Islam, it's not enough to have them say they ignore certain parts of Mohammed's writings (which they actually have never said, just implied.) Islam is far too strict to allow for that, so it's hard for me to believe it. Especially since their religion allows them to lie to "infidels".

"When a Muslim declares that Islam is a religion of peace, he/she is either ignorant of the Koran (Qur'an), or is deceitfully thinking of this "peace", as it extends only to those within the Muslim Community. The deceit is that they will not tell you exactly what they mean. According to the Qur'an: "Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah. Those who follow him are merciful to one another, but ruthless to unbelievers" Surah 48:29. "Kill the Mushrikun (unbelievers) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush..." Surah 9:5. Also see Surah 9:29: PICKTHAL: "Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture (Christians & Jews) as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.". Please note that there is not a single verse in the entire Christian Bible that contains this "open-ended", universal command to kill/or be ruthless to unbelievers."
True History of Islam, Mohammed and the Koran

According to Sir William Muir, Marcus Dods, and some others, Mohammed was at first sincere, but later, carried away by success, he practised deception wherever it would gain his end. ("The more things change, the more they remain the same." ...shades of Alinsky?)

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Mohammed and Mohammedanism (Islam)

Old 08-04-2010, 06:38 AM

61 posts, read 140,094 times
I worked on Wall Street on NYC and was one of those people you saw running from the scene with a mask over my face. I lived with the stench that hung in the air after the towers came down and saw the black cloud hanging over the city everytime I left my appt. I had friends who worked in the towers and didn't know until days later whether they were alive or dead - fortunately they survived. I now work in the world Financial Center overlooking ground zero.

The city came together. People of ALL religions came together to support each other during a very difficult time. We came out stronger.

I have absolutely NO problem with them building the mosque in this area which incidentally is 2 large blocks from the ground zero site. There is already another mosque a lot closer (approx 100 yds) that has been there for over 30 years. There will be no call to prayer. It will be a place for people to go and practice their religion.

No one would be paying attention if Palin and her racist friends hadn't started the propaganda machine rolling in an attempt to gain political points and your attempt to use this as a jab at Obama is pretty sad.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:38 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I can see where we have to protect their freedoms if we want to preserve ours, and I can see how it's easy to distrust all of them for what some have done. I don't know what the answer is. They could be building not only a place of worship and center for education, but a place for the building of more terrorists. It's one thing when Muslims (finally) speak out and denouce extremism to those of us outside of their religion, but do they denouce and condemn it within their own circles?

The fact that they may only be presenting a public face to the rest of the world for their own benefit is a matter of concern. With what we know about Islam, it's not enough to have them say they ignore certain parts of Mohammed's writings (which they actually have never said, just implied.) Islam is far too strict to allow for that, so it's hard for me to believe it. Especially since their religion allows them to lie to "infidels".

"When a Muslim declares that Islam is a religion of peace, he/she is either ignorant of the Koran (Qur'an), or is deceitfully thinking of this "peace", as it extends only to those within the Muslim Community. The deceit is that they will not tell you exactly what they mean. According to the Qur'an: "Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah. Those who follow him are merciful to one another, but ruthless to unbelievers" Surah 48:29. "Kill the Mushrikun (unbelievers) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush..." Surah 9:5. Also see Surah 9:29: PICKTHAL: "Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture (Christians & Jews) as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low.". Please note that there is not a single verse in the entire Christian Bible that contains this "open-ended", universal command to kill/or be ruthless to unbelievers."
True History of Islam, Mohammed and the Koran

According to Sir William Muir, Marcus Dods, and some others, Mohammed was at first sincere, but later, carried away by success, he practised deception wherever it would gain his end. ("The more things change, the more they remain the same." ...shades of Alinsky?)

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Mohammed and Mohammedanism (Islam)
Re the bolded in the first paragraph--yes, some of them do, and they call upon others to work on the problems inside Islam before looking at non-believers. As a matter of fact, I could post some links, but I'm not going to bother because I know by now that people who have their minds made up a certain way won't even read them.

If I've made a mistake and you have some true interest, let me know and I'll find them for you.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 08-04-2010 at 06:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies