Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you boycott Home Depot?
Yes 15 15.00%
No 85 85.00%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 10:18 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
AFA Boycotting Pro-Gay Home Depot | News | Advocate.com

Boycott The Home Depot

I think actions like this only make the AFA look like an extremist organization.
The AFA is extremist. They hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 10:19 AM

14 posts, read 16,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The AFA is extremist. They hate.
*yawn*..Same ole Same ole.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:18 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushZog View Post
The AFA is a good group their news letter is good as well gives you news the msm won't.
You mean news filtered through an openly biased group that uses highly dubious interpretations of biblical teachings?

Old 07-24-2010, 02:41 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,719,215 times
I said yes, but I wonder about Lowe's position.

In my opinion businesses should stick to selling things, not supporting an agenda other than what is best for their customer. Social issues should be left to the customer and not supported by a business.

I don't see what the benefit to the home depot is, how many gays do you think aren't such sissies as to actually be willing to use a hammer (for it's intended purpose).

Old 07-24-2010, 02:43 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post

In my opinion businesses should stick to selling things, not supporting an agenda other than what is best for their customer. Social issues should be left to the customer and not supported by a business.

I don't see what the benefit to the home depot is, how many gays do you think aren't such sissies as to actually be willing to use a hammer (for it's intended purpose).
Business are run by people and can support what ever they want, freedom and all that bla bla bla you know. Or do you?

Gays and hammers...I'm not even going to touch that idiotic statement.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-24-2010 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:49 PM

425 posts, read 366,875 times
Not sure how it is elsewhere, but in the SF bay area Home Depots prices are not as competitive as they once were and the hired help for the most part sux.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:59 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
AFA Boycotting Pro-Gay Home Depot | News | Advocate.com

Boycott The Home Depot

I think actions like this only make the AFA look like an extremist organization.
Giving gay employees the same amount of pay as everyone else same benefits same hours heck yeah they should have all the same rights as any other worker. But- giving those little kids cups and flags while homosexual activists followed up by introducing them to gay sex websites.
is disgusting and should not be allowed. i wont buy from home depot if theyre doing that garbage

Old 07-24-2010, 03:02 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
I usually go to Lowe's but I think that I'll rush over to Home Depot and try to find something to buy.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:41 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBound47 View Post

Yes, a business should do what is best for their customers, however they should also treat their employees fairly, and that is just what Home Depot is trying to do.

I know plenty of gays that are "willing" to use a hammer for its intended purpose. I know gay carpenters, electricians, plumbers, truck drivers...the list is endless.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:27 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,932 times
Quote:
We oppose the efforts of the homosexual movement to force its agenda on our sentiments in schools, government, business and workplaces through law, public policy and media. Our strong opposition is a reaction to the homosexual movement's aggressive strategies.
Of course, they have no such qualms with the aggressive strategies and efforts of the anti-science creationist and anti-history "Christian nation" revisionists to force their agenda on our sentiments in schools, government, business and workplaces through law, public policy and media
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies