Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 08:10 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times

Advertisements

Not surpirsingly, the Google Trends shows based on searches that Ron Paul over the past year has been consistently 3 to 5 times MORE POPULAR than Barack Obama.

Here are the trends for the past 12 months:
Google Trends: Barak Obama, Ron Paul

The red line shows Ron Paul's popularity and the blue line shows Obama's. Note how the entire year, the red line has been at least three time higher than the blue line.

Now for a closer look, let's see how their popularities compare in the past 30 days, with the "wonderful job" the president is doing handling the BP Oil clean-up, his popularity should be increasing right? WRONG! The statistics show RPs ratings are about 5 times higher than the President's (especially if you look at the United States statistics under the charts) and this is based on both of them having comparable news coverage-- (see the lower chart with both the blue and red lines at the same level).
Google Trends: Barak Obama, Ron Paul

Maybe there is hope for the people of this country being able to discern the difference between an honest qualified and experienced candidate and a puppet for the New World Order AFTER ALL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 08:16 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Is Paul going to run?

Old 07-24-2010, 08:21 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,287,224 times
Not surprising, one is trying to save the country, the other is trying to destroy it.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:43 AM

I don't know if he is going to run or not however take a look at a poll that only ran for 10 days in 2009 and look how many people back then said they would vote for him if he ran in the next election: http://www.ronpaul.com/2009-02-13/ron-paul-2012/
There are some great comments about him on that site too.

It is just encouraging to see, of those that do this kind of research that so many more are interested in learning about Ron Paul than the President. Hopefully those doing the research are voters and in October we'll see some big changes in Congress and big puking out of the mainstream Republicans and Democrats that do nothing but keep the special interests happy in return for cash and have been doing nothing other than whatever they can d to get re-elected, even if it means voting for harmful destructive laws ----which most of them have been doing----and voting to continue to take away our liberties.

We need to get RID of these guys!

Old 07-24-2010, 09:48 AM

14 posts, read 16,026 times
Problem is not if he will run or not. If he does the GOP won't give him their help they won't back him because he is so anti big government aka anything the GOP wants. He is for very small gov and getting rid of a lot of agencies and useless things. I would love to see RP as president but I doubt it will ever happen.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:53 AM

If he was going to run, here are some possible Vice Presidential Candidates. I wonder who would be best?
Your Nominations for Ron Paul’s VP in 2012 | Ron Paul .com

Old 07-24-2010, 09:57 AM

Pat Buchanan is my choice. Hell I would rather have him as president than Ron Paul.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:01 AM

Michele Bachmann
Michael Badnarik
Chuck Baldwin
Glenn Beck-Guy is a huckster he is trying to rile people up not a true libertarian or conservative
Michael Bloomberg-Lol right. A left wing liberal.
Pat Buchanan-I like him
Jim DeMint
Lou Dobbs- I think he has other plans in mind
Bruce Fein
Alan Grayson
Chuck Hagel
Mike Huckabee-Moderate liberal in my opinion
Gary Johnson
Alex Jones-to far out there no support from mainstream people
Adam Kokesh
Dennis Kucinich-left wing nut case
B.J. Lawson
John McCain-liberal republican
Cynthia McKinney-crazy
Judge Napolitano
Sarah Palin-no thanks please dont pick her!
Rand Paul-Doubt it. He will still be in his first term
Lew Rockwell
Mitt Romney-Ugh no. Another moderate republican
Wyne Allyn Root
Mary Ruwart
Mark Sanford-Cheats on his wife great example for the country
Joe Scarborough
Peter Schiff
John Stossel
Jesse Ventura
Mel Watt
Tom Woods

Old 07-24-2010, 10:01 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
The choices: the guy who has proven so inept that many of us feel he is trying to destroy the enconomy and the Country deliberately, and the guy who wants to go back to the America the Founding Fathers intended, using policies that made us the greatest power in the world.

More of the same rapid decline, or a turn-around in direction--back towards jobs and prosperity.

I know which one I support 100%. Ron Paul.

I just hope the Powers-That-Be allow Americans this choice, and my pessimistic/cynical side (which is correct 99% of the time) says we'll be offered Sarah Palin or some other hold-your-nose and vote alternative. All my life, we've been offered Clone A and Clone B.

A word to the ruling elite: try offering two Clones this time, and you might trigger the 2nd American Revolution.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushZog View Post
Problem is not if he will run or not. If he does the GOP won't give him their help they won't back him because he is so anti big government aka anything the GOP wants. He is for very small gov and getting rid of a lot of agencies and useless things. I would love to see RP as president but I doubt it will ever happen.
I think people have had enough of the GOP. The GOP has done an awful job for the country just as the Democrats have and I think people are getting sick and tired of BOTH mainstream parties.

I don't think it makes a difference if the GOP gives their support or not. There has to be so few GOP supporters out there. There are far more people who if they had voted for McCain or Obama, wished they hadn't.

We have seen both Presidents Bush and Obama, lie thru their teeth to say what they needed to to get elected and then after getting elected turning around and doing the EXACT OPPOSITE. The last thing this country needs is another leader like that.

If the GOP was smart it would change its values and revert back to what GOP values USED to be decades ago --which are the values Ron Paul has been espousing all along!

With that said here are the 2012 possible presidential candidates(so far) at a website devoted exclusively to national and state politics with links to each of their own websites. Note Ron Paul is listed. http://www.politics1.com/p2012.htm

Last edited by emilybh; 07-24-2010 at 10:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies