Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:08 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiano4 View Post
im italian and i have only a flag from italia that i wave proud i live in the usa so what you gonna come and shoot me and i resent your little statment about the hispanics and latinos italians are latin and we have pride in our home no matter what anyone says just like if some american came to italia waving a american flag around ( not gonna say he/she will live long) they woulnd make a big deal out of it they would just dig a ditch and put the person and flag in it then go on about their day. the way i look at it is if your offended by a simple thing as a person being proud of there race and not bending over and saying they are white to blend in with the american government then im sorry you must of not had a very good childhood so go out and have fun because you really dont want to disrespect the wrong person over race....
Soooo....in Italy they would
Quote:
american came to italia waving a american flag around ( not gonna say he/she will live long) they woulnd make a big deal out of it they would just dig a ditch and put the person and flag in it then go on about their day.
but in America, we're supposed to accept
Quote:
i have only a flag from italia that i wave proud
??

How hypocritical!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Times have changed though, because when my ancestors came here many many many years ago, for a better life, from Italay and Spain, mostly italy, they did not take anything for granted. First things first, they made sure to learn the ENGLISH LANGUAGE, that was a top priority for them and their small children. Itlalian became a second language, but teaching the children both, but English was the language spoken most. They worked very very hard for a good living for their family, not expecting a thing from anyone or anybody. My GREAT GREAT GREAT PARENTS, knew that hard work would pay off for their family's future and future generations, which oh boy they most certainly did, i grew up in a pretty upper middle class family, thanks in part to my Ancerstors, who came here, to seek a better life, found a better life, by hard work, learned our English Language, put Children thru to College, and never expected a handout from anyone or anybody, yes times have certainly changed. America became their Country, and the flag they waved was AMERICAN.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:32 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Times have changed though, because when my ancestors came here many many many years ago, for a better life, from Italay and Spain, mostly italy, they did not take anything for granted. First things first, they made sure to learn the ENGLISH LANGUAGE, that was a top priority for them and their small children. Itlalian became a second language, but teaching the children both, but English was the language spoken most. They worked very very hard for a good living for their family, not expecting a thing from anyone or anybody. My GREAT GREAT GREAT PARENTS, knew that hard work would pay off for their family's future and future generations, which oh boy they most certainly did, i grew up in a pretty upper middle class family, thanks in part to my Ancerstors, who came here, to seek a better life, found a better life, by hard work, learned our English Language, put Children thru to College, and never expected a handout from anyone or anybody, yes times have certainly changed. America became their Country, and the flag they waved was AMERICAN.
Same w/ my family. And MOST American families. Seems that it's usually only Mexicans who sneak in illegally & demand handouts, demand we change the language,etc. Why is that?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:49 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiano4 View Post
<snipped>
Strange, these people lived long. They still live to this day. As a matter of fact, Italians generally were (and still are) tolerant and even pleased to see Americans showing pride in their homeland whilst showing respect for Italy.

Evidently you're someone who's trying to be someone else, as in your case, another American who wishes they weren't American. Ohhhh but wait, you said Italians will dig a ditch and go on about their day! Uh huh. I'm going to wager that you know about as much about Italy as what I know about quantum physics.
http://a.imageshack.us/img256/8350/jh998huh.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-28-2010, 10:45 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
I wouldn't care if it was one of those flag hangers you put on your house but these ppl have the PR flag flying on a flag pole that's taller than the home. If it's gonna be on a flag pole like that then the US flag shouod be flying on top of it. It gives off a vibe that they don't like the US or don't wanna be here and that they think PR is some kind of heavan. I've lived with a lot of puerto ricans over the years and that's how a lot of their attitudes have been. I'm not being racist I'm just speaking based on real life experience. Its obvious what their trying to say with the flag, and it creates un needed tension in the neighborhood.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:07 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,250 times
National pride is way overrated.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:09 PM

18,382 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I wouldn't care if it was one of those flag hangers you put on your house but these ppl have the PR flag flying on a flag pole that's taller than the home. If it's gonna be on a flag pole like that then the US flag shouod be flying on top of it. It gives off a vibe that they don't like the US or don't wanna be here and that they think PR is some kind of heavan. I've lived with a lot of puerto ricans over the years and that's how a lot of their attitudes have been. I'm not being racist I'm just speaking based on real life experience. Its obvious what their trying to say with the flag, and it creates un needed tension in the neighborhood.

at what height is it ok to fly a flag other than ours? if it is a tall pole you can't fly another? gives of a vibe they don't like the US? are you inside their minds? you know what they are "trying" to say? perhaps all they are saying w/the flag they fly is they like PR nothing more.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:10 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT 3000 View Post
Am I the only one who gets sick of people moving here from other countrys and waving their home flags in our face and we aren't susposed to say anything about it, I can say that if the hispanic population would stop acting like they are still in Mexico and start taking pride in where they are at and wave an American flag or two more people would think that they actually wanted to be a citizen of this country and maybe try and help them become one, The same goes for Puerto Ricans waving their flags from Puerto Rico, which is a U.S. territory, not a country, if you've ever been to Miami then you'll know what i'm talking about, I'm not prejudice or anything and have no problem with any race, but when you come to America you show her some respect, it seems like talking about your old girlfriend to your new girlfriend all the time and after a while she gets tried of it, When in America act like you're in America, we don't care what country you came from as long as you are productive and helpful in this country and not a criminal.
You must be a load of fun on St Paddys Day.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:13 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
How in the heck does flying the US flag under another say that they don't like the US when most of their neighbors probably don't fly a US flag at all? At least they fly it. That said, I agree that the US flag should be the highest on the pole *BUT* -- I am hardly paranoid enough to jump to the conclusion that NOT doing so means one has disdain for the US -- that's just a silly statement and not thought through very well

The (il)logic is amazing on this forum sometimes.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:14 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
You must be a load of fun on St Paddys Day.
We should drive the Irish out of the US just like St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland! They OBVIOUSLY don't have much regard for AMERICUH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies