Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:37 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I wonder if Obama would feel the same about Tony Hayward if he were black?
Would you feel the same about Barack Obama if he were white?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 11:38 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
No ;I would have realised that the maddening crowd needs someoe to point fibegrs at while ignoring gettig the job at hand down. BP knew full weell to kerep him as the punching bag for teh crowd and then at the right moment to change. Thatis how you satisfy the lynch mob. Anyone thinkig he or just BP is to balme is blind.Its much like the SEC. The Madoff case proves that they were not even doig the basic job'that is even botherig to look if he was actaully trading.Taxpayers are the one that employ them to protect us; not a crook on wall street.The cooks will always be there.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:39 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
I wonder if Obama would feel the same about Tony Hayward if he were black?
WTH? Are you really asking this question seriously? It makes you looks ignorant, just so you know.

Last edited by Ceece; 07-26-2010 at 12:02 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 11:42 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
Hayward was not fired by Obama. He was at BP HQ in London this morning discussing a severence package with the company. The new CEO will be an American.
I cannot believe that some of the posters actually believe Obama fired him, since when does the US president have the power to fire the CEO of a multi national company? he does'nt.
Anyone waiting for a link from the OP will be wasteing their time, it's a lie.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:47 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
How about you? Would you have fired Hayward back in June?
I am not a board of directors so I don't really know what I would have done. I do think they could have held out for someone, maybe the commission Obama appointed, top find out just what did cause that explosion. How does anyone know just how bad that man did his job without that decision by that board?

I think that Haward was Obama's punching bag and that Obama should have allowed the oil to be cleaned up in the beginning instead of waiting all that time to do anything. Yep, I wonder just who should have been fired over Obama's "Katrina".

Old 07-26-2010, 11:58 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Obama fired Tony???

I heard the BP's board of directors was voting on this. Have you been listening to Rush Limbaugh or something?
I took my info about Obama saying back in June when he finally got interested in this thing that he would have fired him by then. June 7 in case you missed my post about it.

Folks, just ran a test that is only the beginning of that same test.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I took my info about Obama saying back in June when he finally got interested in this thing that he would have fired him by then. June 7 in case you missed my post about it.

Folks, just ran a test that is only the beginning of that same test.
I would have fired Tony too. That is my opinion just as is was Obama's opinion. Doesn't mean either Obama or I have the authority to fire him.

Is the thought police going after Obama and Americans now?

Old 07-26-2010, 12:23 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Can we fire Obama??
Or maybe inform him we would also like our life back?

Old 07-26-2010, 12:24 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
As upset as I am about the oil deal, I don't blame Tony Hayward personally. His answers weren't fulfilling, but it isn't as though he pulled the plug on purpose. He also didn't choose to have to drill so far out in the gulf. A more shallow drill would be a whole lot easier to manage. It is our own legislation that forced them to drill that deep. So to me, it is the responsibility of all involved to give the people who make their living in the gulf to get THEIR life back. But, while these folks are drowning financial wondering if they can afford to buy their kids shoes for the new school year, all the big shots are enjoying themselves with expensive vacations. This is wrong, but if they can continually throw blame at someone else, none of them have to take responsibility of the big picture.

Last edited by GloryB; 07-26-2010 at 12:35 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 12:27 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
I would have fired BP chief by now, Obama says

President Barack Obama says he would have fired BP's CEO Tony Hayward over controversial comments downplaying the Gulf oil spill — if the executive had been working for him.
Obama: I would've fired BP chief by now - Disaster in the Gulf - msnbc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies