Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:32 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I would have fired BP chief by now, Obama says

President Barack Obama says he would have fired BP's CEO Tony Hayward over controversial comments downplaying the Gulf oil spill — if the executive had been working for him.
Obama: I would've fired BP chief by now - Disaster in the Gulf - msnbc.com
Should Obama have said, "Heck of a job, Tony!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 12:40 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
He didnt have to say anything at all about it. No one is forcing him to say a thing. He made the choice to say that

What do you think happens if BP goes bankrupt?

Old 07-26-2010, 12:41 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Would you feel the same about Barack Obama if he were white?
He is white...

he is just as much white as he is black... quite being so racist.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:44 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
you ask in your title "what the heck is this president thinking!" to me, it is very obvious that this president doesn't have the capability of thinking of anything that is appropriate to the office he holds!

Every morning my husband and i watch the early news. Every morning bo pulls some other stupid move. Every morning we say "it can't get any worse." every morning, egads, he does something more stupid.

It's like watching a soap opera except this is for real! Disasterous!
+1

Old 07-26-2010, 12:46 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I think the repugs want him to bow down to their master like barton did.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I think the repugs want him to bow down to their master like barton did.
What happens if Bp goes bankrupt?

Old 07-26-2010, 12:48 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
This is what happens when a leader surrounds himself with only "yes men" who are greedy for their own power and agenda.

There is no one to say "no, that's not a good idea" unless they are prepared to be villified by this adminstration and called a racist.

Sad, but this is how it appears to me.
Than you must have really hated Bush!

Old 07-26-2010, 12:49 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,956,563 times
Quote:
I would have fired BP chief by now, Obama says

President Barack Obama says he would have fired BP's CEO Tony Hayward over controversial comments downplaying the Gulf oil spill — if the executive had been working for him.
Obama: I would've fired BP chief by now - Disaster in the Gulf - msnbc.com
Misquote. In context....

The BP executive last month complained about the amount of time he is spending dealing with the disaster, saying "I would like my life back," and also played down the spill's effect. The Gulf was "a big ocean," he said, adding "the environmental impact of this disaster is likely to be very, very modest."
"He wouldn't be working for me after any of those statements," said Obama,

Old 07-26-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Misquote. In context....

The BP executive last month complained about the amount of time he is spending dealing with the disaster, saying "I would like my life back," and also played down the spill's effect. The Gulf was "a big ocean," he said, adding "the environmental impact of this disaster is likely to be very, very modest."
"He wouldn't be working for me after any of those statements," said Obama,
Do you not think everyone involved would like their life back to normal and the oil spill over?

I dont think its the presidents place to be making comments like this. Also its not like the Oil spill was all that important to Obama so by his own standard guess we should fire him.

What was it Obama said about not resting till the oil was cleaned up, While hes playing so much golf, taking vacations and having concerts. Lets not sit here and pretend Obama showed a lot of leadership during this.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
He didnt have to say anything at all about it. No one is forcing him to say a thing. He made the choice to say that

What do you think happens if BP goes bankrupt?
If BP goes bankrupt, it would be because of Tony's poor leadership and lack of ethics. Obama probably did BP a favor by his comment. Firing Tony will have a positive impact on BP and may help prevent them from going bankrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies