Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:32 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
It's amazing to me, how people can deny racism exists. Yes, we have a black president now. That doesn't mean that racism in America, has suddenly disappeared.
Those who claim that minorities are always 'playing the race card', are in deep denial, regarding what racism is, and how it still effects the lives of minorities.

Many of you posters on this thread, need an education about racism. Here's a link, to an article about racism. What we believe: Race is still an issue | Love Isn't Enough - on raising a family in a colorstruck world I think you'll find it an enlightening article.

Nobody is denying racism exists, so let's throw that mindless mantra into the dustbin where it belongs.

What many, not all, are saying is that if a black man can reach the White House, the most prestigous job in the known universe, then racism is on the wane, on the ropes, and heading towards irrelevancy.

I mean, if racism is such an evil, all-encompassing menace, then how the hell did a neophyte, with barely any experience in politics, decisively win an election against a more experienced, white Senator? A nation of racists has a black man as their leader? How stupid does that sound?

Minorities do not always play the race card. Sometimes they have a legitimate gripe. But considering the shrill level of racial hucksterism and histrionics by leftists snake oil salesmen, these concerns are drowned out like the boy who cried wolf.

The Race Card Weapon is obsolete. This nation elected a black man. Get over it already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 08:57 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Why do tea party freaks constantly shout how they aren't racists?
First off the only "freaks" are the weakminded who resort to calling the Tea Party childish names. They have nothing else to go on except the false claims of racism. That's what people do when their party or candidate has done a horrible job and they cannot discuss the issues.
Against illegal immigration, you're racist
Against big government, you're racist which is a good one since an overwhelming majority were against the last government theft package.

We have a few race baiters on here who pull that stunt. Falsely claiming there were no protests and hateful signs when Bush was in office. It's obviously not true, unless you have an agenda. But if it were true, then they are saying the Dems weren't protesting either? They must have thought things were ok in America. Funny how some don't think things through on important issues, but that is the case with the uninformed.

The plethora of factual information discounts the lies but the race baiters continue on their merry way ignoring logic and reason.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:10 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Sounds logical, but why didn't the 'other side' deflect to racism before we had a Black President?

Why do right-wing pundits and talk show hosts focus on race?

Why do people like Braitbaught (whatever his name is) intentionally creat havak on race issues by delibritly showing only a minute portion of a speech when shown without the entirety misrepresents the intent?

Why do tea party freaks constantly shout how they aren't racists?

Why do right wingers constantly put up posts on here to bring race into focus?

btw, you started this thread. Why are you so worried about racism?
Why did the left start screaming racism only after we had a half black president?

Why does the left constantly call the tea party supporters racist, even when there is no proof as such?

Why do left wingers constantly put up posts on here to bring race into focus?

btw.. you replied to this thread. Why are you so worried about trying to call other people racist while not looking at yourself first?

Old 09-14-2010, 11:22 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,115 times
[quote=roysoldboy;15203499]Like this author, I wonder why racism is so much on our minds these days when most of us are more worried about jobs, the economy, the upcoming election and so many other topics. I believe that too many want to dominate the discussion and race works so well to deflect the conversation from important things.

Because Obama and his supporters keep cynically playing the race card. Simple as that.

White person on the street: "Boy it sure is a beautiful day out."
Bystander: "RACIST!!! YOU"RE A RACIST!!!"
White person on the street:"Huh!?"
Bystander:"You said 'boy'. You're a racist!"

Old 09-14-2010, 11:28 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
"Why are we discussing racism, so much? (CNN, black president, Obama)"

Because reactionaries like yourself can't stop from authoring threads about it? That would be my guess.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Like this author, I wonder why racism is so much on our minds these days when most of us are more worried about jobs, the economy, the upcoming election and so many other topics. I believe that too many want to dominate the discussion and race works so well to deflect the conversation from important things.

Townhall - Star Parker - Why are we discussing racism? - Full Article
Why is that nearly every time I see a post on racism it is posted by someone on the right? Anyone care to explain that?
Casper

Old 09-14-2010, 01:30 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Like this author, I wonder why racism is so much on our minds these days when most of us are more worried about jobs, the economy, the upcoming election and so many other topics. I believe that too many want to dominate the discussion and race works so well to deflect the conversation from important things.

At its core racism is about political, social and economic power. The election of President Barack Obama more than other recent event challenges the belief that White Americans should dominate political, social and economic power. If you hold this belief on either a conscious or subconscious level this event has totally upset and infuriate you. Some people won't come out and articulate it plain English, so it is manifested in other forms of anger and hostility.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:09 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Default Why are we discussing racism, so much?

Eric Holder claims whites are afraid to discuss race.

Obama (half n half) campaigned as the great uniter.

So, when whites begin dialogue regarding race, we are labeled RACISTS!

Sheesh!

Old 09-14-2010, 06:52 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,741 times
Quote:

It's not often a deflection. Race issues still are very contentious for many individuals, often in surprising ways.

As a "mulatto," mixed breed, hybrid, whatever you want to call it, I can attest to this. I experience tremendous relief when around company that is "international" minded in nature. Or, simply "open" minded.

I have lived in all sorts of places on this globe and my racial category/ethnic make up is of extreme interest to most of the people I meet. Sometimes its a very interesting dialogue, sometimes an annoying one. But it almost always reminds me of how much race is on the forefront of association social "politics" with folks.

I rarely face what I feel is sincere discrimination. But I do see a lot of stupidity that I find intolerable for a 21st century America. Race is still a major issue in America. Pedestrian dialogue is the greatest testament to that fact.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
That's strange because affirmative action has been proven to assist white females more than any other protected class. Hmmmmm. Perhaps it is the white women who are making the biggest stink in order to get their paychecks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
A lot of peoples' paychecks depend on keeping "racism" alive where it doesn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies