Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 12:46 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanothermanger View Post
Well considering I am a conservative repub, and stated very clearly in this thread, "whats the big deal"<snip>
There's an exception to every rule!

Old 08-13-2010, 12:55 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
By "everyone else", do you mean the Daily Mail UK?

Sorry, AeroGuy, you have to do better than the typical Fox News reader and read below the fold. Get past the first couple of paragraphs where she says "a WH spokesperson told me" and the Tim Kaine quote.

NEITHER OF WHICH I quoted, you will note, or you would have if....

After that it is ALL Lynn Sweet. Sorry to disappoint you
LOL....nothing you say here changes anything. Using word of mouth sources from Democratic operatives and the White House itself tells me that there's plenty of room to paint a rosy picture. But again, i'm not debating whether she's right or wrong. I'm debating how you can come forth with an article proclaiming to be "fact" when in reality the article doesn't source anything other than the same type of potentially unfactual sources that you're railing against. In other words, your article does nothing to prove Lynn Sweet is right, or prove everyone else who has opined on the subject, wrong. That's the very definition of conjecture.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:00 PM

720 posts, read 691,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
There's an exception to every rule!
Ding ding ding............... We have a winner! Now prior to jumping people, who affiliate themselves with a group, ask questions before casting judgment!

Old 08-13-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Ding ding ding............... We have a winner! Now prior to jumping people, who affiliate themselves with a group, ask questions before casting judgment!
If you don't identify with a RWNJ why reply when a post doesn't concern you?

Old 08-13-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
If you don't identify with a RWNJ why reply when a post doesn't concern you?
Well considering I was responding to you, I am not quite sure I understand your comment. I said, "I identify with repubs, but said who cares where she goes on vacation", you said there is an exception to every rule, then I said "yes, now maybe next time ask questions prior to casting judgment on people"...

If you missed my point, it was stop stereotyping and casting judgment on people you have no clue about!

Old 08-13-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
<snipped for relevance>If you missed my point, it was stop stereotyping and casting judgment on people you have no clue about!
Thanks for your unsolicited advice, next time don't bother.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your unsolicited advice, next time don't bother.
No prob bob!

Old 08-13-2010, 01:45 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
LOL....nothing you say here changes anything. Using word of mouth sources from Democratic operatives and the White House itself tells me that there's plenty of room to paint a rosy picture.
Um, I dont think you read my post. I asked you to read the article below the fold, and reminded you that I did not quote the above the fold content. But here you are back with it again -- why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
But again, i'm not debating whether she's right or wrong. I'm debating how you can come forth with an article proclaiming to be "fact" when in reality the article doesn't source anything other than the same type of potentially unfactual sources that you're railing against. In other words, your article does nothing to prove Lynn Sweet is right, or prove everyone else who has opined on the subject, wrong. That's the very definition of conjecture.
That is amazing. But you're going to have to let it go.

Not sure how much you know about pre-Fox, pre-Internet style journalism, but even today, responsible journalists who want to keep their jobs don't lie. You're saying Lynn Sweet is lying. First, how on earth do you think she'd get away with it? And why would she want to?

You dont seem to know who Lynn Sweet is, or to understand (though I mentioned it to you earlier, maybe you missed that too) that she is famously critical of the Obamas. Just look her up, I'm sure you'll remember her from the election days.

In this TV interview she is quite critical of the trip and criticizes Robert Gibbs. Perhaps by watching a TV clip you could get a sense of what kind of journalist she is, and whether it would be in her best interest to lie about this thing.

Lynn Sweet on CBS News: Michelle Obama Went to Spain with Grieving Friend

Old 08-13-2010, 02:54 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,805 times
Quote:
  • Mrs Obama met two friends in Spain who had flown there on their own. "The three women were joined by a total of four daughters."
  • "Some news outlets reported Mrs. Obama was on vacation with 40 friends; that was not true.)"
  • "Mrs. Obama and her friends paid for their hotel rooms and other personal expenses."
Ah, so now we're down to 2 friends, so we're supposed to believe that the 3 women shared the cost of their 60 rooms. I guess that sounds reasonable.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Um, I dont think you read my post. I asked you to read the article below the fold, and reminded you that I did not quote the above the fold content. But here you are back with it again -- why?

That is amazing. But you're going to have to let it go.

Not sure how much you know about pre-Fox, pre-Internet style journalism, but even today, responsible journalists who want to keep their jobs don't lie. You're saying Lynn Sweet is lying. First, how on earth do you think she'd get away with it? And why would she want to?

You dont seem to know who Lynn Sweet is, or to understand (though I mentioned it to you earlier, maybe you missed that too) that she is famously critical of the Obamas. Just look her up, I'm sure you'll remember her from the election days.

In this TV interview she is quite critical of the trip and criticizes Robert Gibbs. Perhaps by watching a TV clip you could get a sense of what kind of journalist she is, and whether it would be in her best interest to lie about this thing.

Lynn Sweet on CBS News: Michelle Obama Went to Spain with Grieving Friend

Well, then by your "logic" it appears that allot of journalists are in the unemployment line as I type this since they all lied abut this story before your gal there blew it wide open .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies