Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:00 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I'm sue Mrs.Bell was good at lots of things but doubt she helped Alex with all those wires and stuff . And Mrs,Einstein was probably flabbergasted when it came to psysics atoms and molecules.

Women are getting too smart for their britches and even worse they don't even know it .
What in the world?

You know women had a hand creating the first computers, and medical research/breakthrough's, and all kinds of good stuff like that right? They didn't HOLD THE POSITIONS, so they didn't receive credit. YOU may doubt that they knew anything but I don't, and historians would agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 08:02 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
Quote:
Bless their hearts most are on drugs to cope too . Prozac,Zoloft and Valuim 'mothers little helpers' . Like a Stepford wives movie . In denial and don't care .
Ah yes, mothers little helper....THEE DRUG of choice for women the 1960's. That's your faviorite time ever right? What was your experience with the drug? Personally, I've never taken anything like that.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,890,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
not every woman is as easily amused as you might be pappy. some want to be research scientists and cure cancers, other want to be architects and build buildings. some want to fly airplanes. it is our choice to go after the life we want, be it man or woman. if a woman wants a family and not work, if her husband thinks likewise fine. if a woman wants to work and have a family like a men have been doing forever than they can do that to. they can earn their own dollar and stretch it till it screams as well. women get great self satisfaction earning their own money. lots of men love it that women can and do take care of themselves as well as contribute to the family.

Of course not all women want a familiy . They can be cooks or housekeeers ; just kidding .

But if both work who raises the kids if they do want a familiy ?

Old 07-26-2010, 08:04 PM

18,349 posts, read 18,963,331 times
Quote:
I'm sue Mrs.Bell was good at lots of things but doubt she helped Alex with all those wires and stuff . And Mrs,Einstein was probably flabbergasted when it came to psysics atoms and molecules.

Women are getting too smart for their britches and even worse they don't even know it .
yeah, madame curie was a real dip Moderator cut: language, amelia earhart sucked at math, margaret meade didn't read very well. catherine the great, queen victoria, eleanor roosevelt and margret thatcher, every one of them couldn't get along with people. we can't do much at all

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-27-2010 at 01:33 AM..

Old 07-26-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What in the world?

You know women had a hand creating the first computers, and medical research/breakthrough's, and all kinds of good stuff like that right? They didn't HOLD THE POSITIONS, so they didn't receive credit. YOU may doubt that they knew anything but I don't, and historians would agree.

Whos alive to disagree ? I'm sure keeping the midnight fires burning helped alot .

This thread is fun got a lot of laughs off it .

Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 PM

18,349 posts, read 18,963,331 times
Quote:
Of course not all women want a familiy . They can be cooks or housekeeers ; just kidding .

But if both work who raises the kids if they do want a familiy ?
who would raise the kids if the husband was widowed? should he give up his job to stay home in your world? family time is about quality not quantity

Old 07-26-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Ah yes, mothers little helper....THEE DRUG of choice for women the 1960's. That's your faviorite time ever right? What was your experience with the drug? Personally, I've never taken anything like that.

Not good, kidney infection right off the bat with that drug ! So I found wine and beer to help at times . I mostly used dance and sports for my anti-depressants .

Old 07-26-2010, 08:25 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,315,654 times
betamanlet,

You say that people attack you, when all you do is attack women repeatedly. Don't be suprised when years from now you are all alone still wondering why every woman is so horrible. I really wish you would look in the mirror, and maybe you would see the real problem is you and you antiquated ideas.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
My main issue with Sex and the City was the smoking by one of the characters. (I don't know their names, but I hung around a few times when my daughters watched that drek.) I thought it glamorized smoking, and I have read plenty in professional magazines that kids get the impression that smoking is cool when they see their favorite TV characaters smoking. One DD vociferously disagreed with me until she took a cancer class at college, and the professor said the same thing as me. Other than that, I thought the show was dumb.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,128,577 times
Its a shame what happened to the "women" of our society today. Its all about being some sort of "diva" now. Dressing like prostitutes. Its a pretty sad state today when you have the likes of Lady Gaga and some of the other trash that are "successful" and popular.

You dont even have to go to NYC anymore to see women going off to work in short skirts and the tall boots. Its all about showing off your body and being proud to do it. Maybe thats not wrong, but it sure isnt classy. Society says its classy nowadays to do that, but I sure as heck dont view it that way and never will.

Oh well. What can you do. Its not just the state of "women" that has declined. Its society as a whole. We're in a downward spiral in our society in lack or morals or anything for that matter. And sadly, that trend doesnt look like it will ever reverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies