Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 05:50 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Really you dont think a poor person being able to find a job to support themselves and improve their lives would help them?

I believe I did answer your question. What is democrats plan. Oh thats right more hand outs because without poor people who is really going to vote democrat? Notice the middle class slipping away. What is democrats doing about that. To prevent that we need jobs and we need them now
I totally agree. I also think that the republican plan to help the poor should be for the government to get the heck out of the way so JOBS can be created. The poor are poor because they can't find a decent job. They can't find a decent job because the dems are forcing the businesses to pay more in taxes and expenses(i.e. health care, possible cap and tax, possible unionization, and God only knows what else the libs can dream up). When a business is forced to pay more in expenses, then they have less to pay SALARIES.

Some of us who are struggling right now DON'T want HANDOUTS. We want to be able to work for a living and buy things with money we have earned and not with money that was just handed to us by the government.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:51 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Hmm... take out the quotation marks. I did and got 4,210,000 results.

Let me google that for you

Old 07-26-2010, 05:53 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
Do the poor have lobbyists and make campaign contributions? No, they are too busy trying to obtain shelter, food and clothing. Many are not even registered to vote. In fact, most are too young. So why should either party care? Only because some of the nonpoor do sympathize with their plight.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Google: No Results found for "Republicans plan to help poor"

Interesting.

What do you believe is the Republican plan to help the poor?
The republican plan is this is America you shouldn't be poor. BTW here in my neck o the woods republicans have a lot of poor people voting for them. They just promise them to keep down the blacks and thats all it takes.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:

Interesting.

Even more interesting..click on the link and replace "republicans" with "democrats" and you get the same result.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:23 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
I'm still trying to figure out, why I should help the poor or anyone else? I need to take care of me and my family. Why should I help you? Someone please explain this too me?

Old 07-26-2010, 06:31 PM

372 posts, read 221,107 times
Quote:

Interesting.

It is NOT the governments role to help the poor.

It IS the governments role to help America as a whole. Individuals are on their own to operate withing the context of opportunity et al.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:

Interesting.

Unfortunately the republicans often tend to go along with the democrats and get and keep the poor on government handouts but it would be great if there was a party that believed in a work ethic and jobs for Americans instead of cheap imports from third world nations and got the poor working for a living.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Even more interesting..click on the link and replace "republicans" with "democrats" and you get the same result.
Except everyone knows the democrats really do have a plan to help keep people poor and government dependent.

Once someone gets off the couch and out working for a living, becoming a productive member of society and all that then they aren't poor any more. Then they are taxpayers who will feel the wrath of the democrats who definitely will be out to hurt them.

Democrats love the poor, that's why they do so much to create a huge poverty class - because poor in the USA means government dependent - it means democrat voter.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:40 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out, why I should help the poor or anyone else? I need to take care of me and my family. Why should I help you? Someone please explain this too me?
Great answer.

Liberals for some reason believe it is your duty to help the poor.

They do not believe people are poor for a reason, most of us know that in most cases if you are poor it is because you are not willing to work, learn or do what it takes to not be a poor person.

Left wingers believe that if you are successful you should share your success with those who wont take responsibility for themselves.

Left wingers want to reward those who will not do what it takes to not be poor and take away from those who have went the extra mile not to be poor.

None of us want to see anyone go hungry, but most of us want people to take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to take care of yourself and your own family.

Get a job, get a second job, work more hours, obtain a skill, learn a trade, work during the day and take classes at night, work more overtime etc. Whatever it takes people should be doing it.

It is NOT the governments job to steal from successful people and hand it to unsuccessful people.

The rep plan is to create jobs so people can EARN their own way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies