Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:17 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Google: No Results found for "Republicans plan to help poor"

Interesting.
Well you have one result now, this page.

Keep in mind when you use quotes Google will only return pages with that exact phrase.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:28 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Default lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I would expect a man who actually sells real estate for a living to understand this
lol...

Nice way to lead off with a largely irrelevant statement. Who cares what you expect. Can you answer the question and address the thread topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
but, never the less...............You are not talking apples & apples. Democrats by their very nature divide the general population into as many different classifications and groups, using age,race, ethnicity, income, sex habits, gender or lack there of, and any other way they can think of to divide the population into little segments that they then can create a market for what they are selling, which is a Government Program. Republicans tend to look at everyone as the same and what is good for one is good for alL
I guess not.

We're not discussing apples. I understand it's difficult, requires thought, perhaps even a bit of research; however, the question is very direct:

What do you believe is the Republican plan to help the poor?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Keep in mind when you use quotes Google will only return pages with that exact phrase.

No.

I'm quite aware of how Google works.

Last edited by walidm; 07-26-2010 at 10:32 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 09:32 PM

Default hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
The plan should be to adopt a fair tax and lower everybody's taxes thus freeing up my OWN MONEY to contribute more to charity.
Interesting.

You said "should be", so perhaps you have an answer to the question?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:48 PM

Default lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You are asking a questions and assuming they will take control of both sides of congress.
lol...

No. I'm not. You are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
If they do not take control of both sides they cannot help anyone as long as the party of no, the demnocrats wont lower taxes so that small businesses can hire again.

We have lost 9 million jobs in the last 20 months and the dems have total control of the country still today, so why even ask the question unless you are assuming the rep's take total control of congress.

Something tells me you believe they will.

The party in power has done nothing for the poor, is that why you are assuming they are going to be voted out.

Lowering taxes and creating jobs is a plan but the rep's cannot do a thing as long as the party of higher taxes and massive spending is in control.
You're funnier than usual; however, I do not assume the Republican's in control of Congress will materialize a plan to accomplish anything.

Your assertion that the Republican party is largely irrelevant is interesting.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:51 PM

Default uh huh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Except everyone knows the democrats really do have a plan to help keep people poor and government dependent.

Once someone gets off the couch and out working for a living, becoming a productive member of society and all that then they aren't poor any more. Then they are taxpayers who will feel the wrath of the democrats who definitely will be out to hurt them.

Democrats love the poor, that's why they do so much to create a huge poverty class - because poor in the USA means government dependent - it means democrat voter.
Blame those Democrats...lol

I notice you didn't answer the question.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Even more interesting..click on the link and replace "republicans" with "democrats" and you get the same result.
No you don't...lol

I notice you didn't answer the question...which is much more interesting than your report of how Google didn't work for you.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out, why I should help the poor or anyone else? I need to take care of me and my family. Why should I help you? Someone please explain this too me?
The topic isn't why you should help anyone.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:59 PM

Default hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyapproved View Post
It is NOT the governments role to help the poor.

It IS the governments role to help America as a whole. Individuals are on their own to operate withing the context of opportunity et al.
The thread topic doesn't ask what the Government's role is, so unfortunately your synopsis is largely irrelevant.

The thread does have a topic and asks a question which you've largely ignored.

That, is interesting.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:10 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Shame on BUSH ! He did it again. Not using the poor as a prop.
GOP doesn't use poor people as a prop? Why did they blame poor people why rich people can't be richer?

Then of course there's this...

YouTube - Bush's Housing Bubble
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies