Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the Southern Poverty Law Center a hate group?
Yes 52 45.61%
No 62 54.39%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
who specifically are the "less than credible people" working for SPLC? How is SPLC "anti american"?
>>>Last year I was watching MSNBC( who else would take SPLC seriously?) and they had a front man on for the SPLC who was making a pretty baseless diatribe against Tea Party activists( maybe before they even became known as that) who were ambushing elected representatives at town hall meetings and openly criticizing them. Of course he described these people as angry, poor, undeducated and being manipulated. But what struck me was that the guy was just ODD. His furtive mannerisms, shifty eyes and sneering condescension. Not unlike just about anybody on MSNBC. He just struck me as a BS salesman and not even a very good one. And opposing ANY positive movement in the democratic process strikes me as unamerican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 06:31 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
I think Morris Dees should run for President.

He probably wouldn't make it since he's an honest man, but a campaign would bring all of the hidden evil of the hate groups into the sunlight, which would be a good thing.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:36 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
Canada throws people in prison too, so what is the difference? It is just the media has demonized the Nazi's, but not the Canadian government.

Yeah, I agree that the media has been too hard on the Nazis. When you kill more than 10 million people, it's really hard to catch a break.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:58 PM

615 posts, read 545,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Show me. Click on the website, copy and paste. it's simple.
No, do your own research.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Fail. Show me on the SPLC website where it specifically supports gangs (bloods, crips, etc.)
You should try and see if you can get into a remedial reading class, show me where I said the SPLC supports gangs, I never did, I said they never mention them, and they are a bigger threat then Neo Nazis, KKK, or whatever boggey monster they dream up.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Your argument regarding the Constitution is misplaced. The SPLC, not being the government or agent of the government, cannot infringe your free speech rights. Your analogy was bogus.

I have proof enough of your connections to the racist hate groups the SPLC fights against in your own statements on this thread.

If it isn't Stormfront, it is something like it. No one else would be so worried about what the SPLC is up to (exposing people like you).
The SPLC is a bogus, they are trying to play God and are harassing people who don't follow what they believe, they are harassing American citizens for practing their fundamental rights. I'm concerned with bullies and thought police who think is their given right to tell people what they should think. They are practicing 21st century McCarthyism.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:07 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
tin could you share that evidence please. Seriously. What makes you think they are a hate group if the only criteria on their agenda is identifying groups of people hell bent on taking out another group? This includes black supremists. It includes any group committed to that tactic.
Oh Harbor lady, my friend, I never said they were a hate group. I said I don't know that they are a hate group. I said they take advantage of as in exploit. They love headlines.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Except your opinion has no basis in fact or in law. So your opinion is pretty much worthless.

And I see I hit a nerve - and I knew right where it was, didn't I?

Don't be ashamed of what you are, queenie.
You didn't hit a nerve, you're the one who got mad and started spazzing off about Stormfront, leather, and sex.You lost the debate, it is not the end of the world. Tthe SPLC are a bunch of jack booted thugs with an agenda, I wish them nothing but the worse, like I do all jack booted thugs with an agenda.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I came to check on this topic out of curiosity because of what you posted in the Canada forum.

I didn't vote in your poll because you left out the option "other - please explain" - if it had been there I would have voted "other". Prior to today I had never heard of the SPLC. I looked at their website and their hate map and the page titled 'What We Do'. While I have no problem with their desire to teach children to reject hate, embrace diversity and respect differences I don't approve of some of their other methods and operations.

In my opinion one group tracking the activities of other groups and taking them to court makes them no different from misguided stalkers and vigilantes trying to take the law into their own hands and attempting to change people into something they are not. Playing at being thought police, moral judge and jury of what they determine is right and wrong, how does this make them any better or any different from the very people they accuse of being hate groups and domestic terrorists? It is in itself a form of domestic terrorism. I don't see that as embracing diversity and respecting differences, I see that as them being thought police trying to fit everybody into one tiny box that has been molded out of their own ideology. If the people they accuse won't be fit into the box and become a single grey entity then those people in turn become victims of bigotry and discrimination, taken to court and destroyed through "innovative" lawsuits. That is not embracing diversity and respecting differences. It's a hypocritical double standard.

I can't emphasize strongly enough how much I disapprove of the way America has become such a litigious society bankrupting the nation and using the court system as a toy. Don't like somebody - take them to court. Don't approve of somebody else's morals - take them to court. Don't approve of somebody else's religious beliefs - take them to court. Don't approve of what somebody else said - take them to court. Where will it end?

While I am all for embracing diversity and differences and would like to see everybody loving everybody else I don't believe that other people can be forced by the courts to take the same viewpoint. Appreciation of diversity needs to be nurtured by setting good examples, not by suing the hell out everyone until the nation is turned into a single grey mass with no diversity at all.

And that's all I have to say about that.

This is a million dollar post, no one could say it any better.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:38 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
It's part of the agenda of websites like Stormfront to come onto other boards and "recruit" via race-baiting, accusations of reverse racism.

His "constitutional" argument was just a little tooooooo familiar to ones I have seen before. His presence here is not likely an accident.

They're all drinking from the same bottle of Kool-Aid.
While I utterly abhor all racism, this phrase is incorrect. There's no such thing as reverse racism, there's either racism or there's not. Reverse racism would mean not racism. Just my .02$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies