Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:10 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times

Advertisements

Besides his sponsored resolution with Ron Paul on pulling out of Pakistan...

We already know the U.S. has had missile strikes inside Pakistan since March of 2005 with a lot of innocent villagers killed. All that we can do is to expand the war into Pakistan, destabilize that government and have the United States fighting on still another front. We have to get out of Pakistan and that's why Ron Paul and I have come together, for the first time, to force a vote on this question.

Later in the week we'll be faced once again with the question whether to continue to fund the War in Afghanistan. The New York Times and other news agencies have taken WikiLeaks reports and have released this news globally. And what we've learned in the last 24 hours is that there is another secret war going on in Afghanistan. A war of failure. A war of our troops getting undermined by people that we think are working with us.

This is occurring in Pakistan, it's also happening in Afghanistan. The Afghanistan government is a cesspool of corruption. There is no plausible way that anything even remotely resembling a democracy can be established there. Our presence there is an occupation fueling an insurgency.

We have to get out of Afghanistan. We owe it to our troops. We owe it to our national security. We owe it to our budget. We owe it to the American people who hope for a better life here at home.

kucinich.us - Dennis Kucinich Announces Two Important House Votes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 08:18 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Good thing he didn't sell out on this like he did on healthcare.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:23 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,423 times
I don't now who this guy is but I do agree fully with this particular statement .

Not so much with Paul because of his association with muslims against Israel otherwise i gree with some of what paul says.

Our troops are being set up for the kill by the PC crowds in our military and gov. .

I think we should get out of all the lost lands of time and if the radicals attack us again , blow up mecca and medena right off . But we won't do either and soon radicals will be ruling over us all . Now they have the traitors on their side .

I hope these men on the front lines wise up and leave the barbarians to themselves . I do feel sorry for the poor women who will continue to be decapitated ,stoned and chopped up like left over liver ,but it's time to go .

Old 07-26-2010, 08:25 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Kucinich is great, we have far too few like him in government. People forget some of those who serve do so for others (and their country's) benefit, not their own.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Good thing he didn't sell out on this like he did on healthcare.

Probably amnesty supporter too . I usually know who the few are against it , but I do hope our men and women come home .

Old 07-26-2010, 08:28 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,523,860 times
Bravo Dennis. A true progressive, who does reach across the aisle.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 07-26-2010 at 08:51 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 08:37 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,894,530 times
Kucinich has a long history of making people scratch their heads. In the 70's he was Mayor of Cleveland and the city was going bankrupt but he refused to sell the City-owned electric utility, as well as turning down federal funds. I believe his brother tried to rob one of the banks holding the City's bonds. He made a run for President in 2004 and 2008 and his views did not gain many votes. He and Ron Paul were the only house members to vote against recommending the UN charge the Iranian leader with violations.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Kucinich has a long history of making people scratch their heads. In the 70's he was Mayor of Cleveland and the city was going bankrupt but he refused to sell the City-owned electric utility, as well as turning down federal funds. I believe his brother tried to rob one of the banks holding the City's bonds. He made a run for President in 2004 and 2008 and his views did not gain many votes. He and Ron Paul were the only house members to vote against recommending the UN charge the Iranian leader with violations.

Paul does like the muslims, why I won't vote for him, google muslims for ron paul.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
In 1978, Cleveland's banks demanded that he sell the city's 70 year-old municipally-owned electric system to its private competitor (in which the banks had a financial interest) as a precondition of extending credit to city government.

When Mayor Kucinich refused to sell Muny Light, the banks took the unprecedented step of refusing to roll over the city’s debt, as is customary. Instead, they pushed the city into default. It turned out the banks were thoroughly interlocked with the private utility, CEI, which would have acquired monopoly status by taking over Muny Light. Five of the six banks held almost 1.8 million shares of CEI stock; of the 11 directors of CEI, eight were also directors of four of the six banks involved.

By holding to his promise and putting principle above politics, Kucinich lost his re-election bid and his political career was temporarily derailed. But today, Kucinich stands vindicated for having confronted the Enron of his day, and for saving the municipal power company. "There is little debate," wrote Cleveland Magazine in May 1996, "over the value of Muny Light today. Now Cleveland Public Power, it is a proven asset to the city that between 1985 and 1995 saved its customers $195,148,520 over what they would have paid CEI." He also preserved hundreds of union jobs.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:58 PM

382 posts, read 302,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Paul does like the muslims, why I won't vote for him, google muslims for ron paul.
So now its bad to like Muslims? Hmm...I am guessing you are a hoorah for Israel type eh? I can agree with a lot of people on this forum but its always the Israel thing that makes me disagree with them. Odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies