Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Obama and the Democrats trying to start a race war?
Yes 29 36.71%
No 43 54.43%
Maybe 7 8.86%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 07:25 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
First they told us anyone opposed to Barney Frank and Chris Dodd's sub-prime lending was a racist. Shirley Sherrod, the woman who they've embraced as a martyr, but who's really just a mouthpiece for the DNC said anyone who opposes Obamacare is a racist. If she says it, you know the Democrats are thinking it. Now they tell us anyone opposed to illegal immigration is a racist. I'm sure next John Kerry will tell us anyone who is opposed to cap and trade is a racist as well. It seems no matter what, with this Democrat Party, if you oppose it, you're a racist. Is it just me or does it seem like they're trying to start some kind of civil war between the 'white community' and the minority community?
Self identifying republicans are the ones posturing for race wars. You over estimate the weight of racist arguments used wrongfully, but thanks for insulting the intelligence of majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 07:34 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
First they told us anyone opposed to Barney Frank and Chris Dodd's sub-prime lending was a racist. Shirley Sherrod, the woman who they've embraced as a martyr, but who's really just a mouthpiece for the DNC said anyone who opposes Obamacare is a racist. If she says it, you know the Democrats are thinking it. Now they tell us anyone opposed to illegal immigration is a racist. I'm sure next John Kerry will tell us anyone who is opposed to cap and trade is a racist as well. It seems no matter what, with this Democrat Party, if you oppose it, you're a racist. Is it just me or does it seem like they're trying to start some kind of civil war between the 'white community' and the minority community?
Wasn't it Alinsky, or one of his progressive commie colleagues, who said in the handbook to use charges of racism, whether deserved or not? Didn't matter, just use it at every opportunity.

I don't think they want to pit whites against minorities. They are simply dividing the nation for their own selfish purposes, and the people are allowing them to do it -- poor against rich, dem against republican, illegals against citizens, etc.
It's truly dirty politics. Obama could put a stop to it if he wanted to. I'm sure he can see that it is divisive, and not helping the country. Yet he won't do it. As leader of the nation, he needs to speak up.

I think he likes the divisions while he appears to keep his hands clean by staying out of the fray; he can use the divisions for his own and party's gain.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:51 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I don't think they want to pit whites against minorities. They are simply dividing the nation for their own selfish purposes, and the people are allowing them to do it -- poor against rich, dem against republican, illegals against citizens, etc.
The radio talk show hosts and Fox commentators are doing a great job of this.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The radio talk show hosts and Fox commentators are doing a great job of this.
There's a big difference. That is not their purpose. They report how they see it, from a primarily conservative point of view, though they often play the devil's advocate and present the other side as well.

With the current administration, that IS their purpose. A president who campaigned on great-sounding promises, among them unity, vowing to eliminate special groups and special interests, turns out to be the biggest divider of all. All one needs to do is look at what he says and what he does.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:08 PM

507 posts, read 878,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legtingle View Post
Why do you think Asians usually vote republican? Aren't they a minority?

Oh. That's DIFFERENT.

Olders ones do,younger ones don't.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:14 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:

Fill in the blanks:

Motive__________
Means__________
Opportunity__________

What do they have to gain from such?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Fill in the blanks:

Motive__________
Means__________
Opportunity__________

What do they have to gain from such?
let me take a stab...
Motive - class division
Means - lamestream press
Opportunity - 24/7 because they make a racial issue out of just about everything.

What do they have to gain?
Votes.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:09 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
let me take a stab...
Motive - class division
Means - lamestream press
Opportunity - 24/7 because they make a racial issue out of just about everything.

What do they have to gain?
Votes.
A race war is not a class war. A race war would divide the nation by race....how would that get democrats votes....would not whites move to the "white party"....which is republicans.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:16 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Of course they are. They reduce everything to a racisl issue and do everything they can to instigate a racial divide.
Quote:
There's a big difference. That is not their purpose. They report how they see it, from a primarily conservative point of view, though they often play the devil's advocate and present the other side as well.

With the current administration, that IS their purpose. A president who campaigned on great-sounding promises, among them unity, vowing to eliminate special groups and special interests, turns out to be the biggest divider of all. All one needs to do is look at what he says and what he does.
I'm a non-white person...Obamas presidency in no way shape or form, has built any more or less anomosyty in my heart towards anyone...

I'm a hippie who loves all...

People feel or respond to what's already in their heart...

If one already has racial anomosity in their heart...it was there long before Obama took office, and will be there long after he leaves...

People who are of reasoned mind and spirit...were that way before Obama took office and they will be that way long after he leaves...

I can't give Obama that much credit...he can't put or take anything from my heart that wasn't already there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies