Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 02:06 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Glenn Beck was in a den of vipers on the View, Obama is in a lovefest on the View. Big difference.

Beck had to deflect and joke to get out alive. I felt sorry for him and mad the women were so catish with their claws out. Meow, hiss.
Beck knew exactly what he was getting into when he agreed to be a guest. He also knew that, to his fans, he is the Teflon man, and nothing that happened on the show would affect him or his ratings in the least. It was a win/win situation for him.

We who know he is a buffoon and a liar, got exactly what we expected; you who believe that he is the defender of the the truth, the right, and the American way, got exactly what you expected. No loss, no gain for Becky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 02:07 PM

531 posts, read 338,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Roys, let it go. You've already posted in this thread 13 times. We get it, you love beck. Obama = bad has been beat into your head well. Most everyone else in this thread has a clue about his ways. All you are doing is making yourself, and the republicans look more and more ignorant with every post. If I got something from a right winger to the extent "Yes, i know beck is not fair and balanced, he just states his own agenda, but i still like his show" then i could have some respect for that.
People that defend him to the bitter end that he is fair and is speaking the truth are brainwashed fools.
You are right on one thing some people really do love glenn beck(almost as a messiah). You have to understand why people defend him to the bitter end. 99% of the stuff said about him is very untrue. When i say very untrue i mean as untrue as it gets, really making me think that they just make it up to make him sound bad, and keep in mind im no conspiracy guy. So somebody who watches his show hear people say things about him and they don't even understand where its coming from. When that person try's to point out everything being said is false people demonize that person. Suddenly your racist, crazy,an idiot etc etc. Pretty much what im tryna say is you guys get real personal real quick for no reason. Vicous to I literally think certain people hate glenn beck and his fans. And when i say hate I really mean a deep hatred. Half the time its against somebody who watches him sometimes and doesnt care about glenn beck, there just pissed at the **** there given just cuz they WATCH his show. On top of that there is never any real legitimate evidence of anything racist or hateful he says. Unless that hate is towards commies, progressives, Obama or woodrow wilson. Here are some legitimate argument one could make about glenn beck

Hes crazy
Hes to paranoid
He looks to deep into things
He connects pieces that arent there
Hes to dramatic
Hes a fear monger
Keep in mind Bill O'Reilly makes all those arguments. Sayign he preaches hate or that hes racist makes you sound stupid. Even if he was and he did he def doesn't on his show. In my opinion even if u think the above things are tru you still gotta like his spirit. You need that kinda protest it keeps people in check. I don't get why libs wouldn't like him anyway. He doesn't speak in favor of any really. Hes anti government. He doesn't even like a president he likes. He really talks about power to the people. Whatever I say the best you could say about him is that hes one of those crazy genuises who is exposing us to the truth and the ways of the evil people in charge. The worst you could say is that hes a loon conspiracy theorist. And if you read this whole thing and think im wrong then prove me wrong and ill say im wrong. By the way this wasn't an attack at the person i quoted i just was responding to when you said
"People that defend him to the bitter end that he is fair and is speaking the truth are brainwashed fools" Why dont some of you just watch it its on in like an hour. dont say you dont have time cuz judging by the length of these threads you guys spend way more time reading this ****. Watch the show then come on here and say what was wrong with it. try it

Old 07-29-2010, 02:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
I do not slobber all over Glan Beck but I know a hatchet job when I see one. Be fair about it. The women were out to get Beck and it was not a pretty sight. I guess Beck thought they would be half way decent to him----not.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:32 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
Lol way to go!

Old 07-29-2010, 02:58 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post

I don't get why libs wouldn't like him anyway. He doesn't speak in favor of any really. Hes anti government. He doesn't even like a president he likes. He really talks about power to the people. Whatever I say the best you could say about him is that hes one of those crazy genuises who is exposing us to the truth and the ways of the evil people in charge. The worst you could say is that hes a loon conspiracy theorist. And if you read this whole thing and think im wrong then prove me wrong and ill say im wrong.
For me he is a hypocrite. Why?
How is he for less government and for freedom when he supported the Patriot Act, supported the Bail-out and supported the Iraq war?
Has he done any investigation when the US wanted to invade Iraq? No, he supported the war very much.
He is for smaller government? Support of bail-out and the Patriot Act prove otherwise.
Please, answer these question. Or any other Beck supporter. Until now no one has answered these questions for me.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:25 PM

640 posts, read 388,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am sorry but the revisionist history is coming from the progressives for the people as old as me who studied history before they managed to get their revisionism going good. Maybe you need to get your hands on some things that were written and printed before about 1960 so you could see who is the real revisionist here.
Why don't you just tell us, in your own words, what you've learned about history from Beck that you didn't know before Beck told you? No, I am absolutely not going to watch a Beck show from any link. You praise Beck all the time because he is such a good teacher, he knows so much, you say you've learned so much from him, so it's your turn to tell us in your own words what you've learned from Beck which you think is so critical for us to know that you have promoted his show over and over again here......please.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:35 PM

531 posts, read 338,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
Why don't you just tell us, in your own words, what you've learned about history from Beck that you didn't know before Beck told you? No, I am absolutely not going to watch a Beck show from any link. You praise Beck all the time because he is such a good teacher, he knows so much, you say you've learned so much from him, so it's your turn to tell us in your own words what you've learned from Beck which you think is so critical for us to know that you have promoted his show over and over again here......please.
That margret sanger was a racist affiliated with hitler who spoke at klan ralleys

Old 07-29-2010, 06:44 PM

150 posts, read 123,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
That's pretty telling about Beck's show and the people who hang on his words as if they were more then the lies and deranged man.
Ummm. People that watch Beck know his show is commentary.

My how the left fears a differing opinion.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:48 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legtingle View Post
Ummm. People that watch Beck know his show is commentary.

My how the left fears a differing opinion.
some people may know that but a good bit of them think what he says is gospel. my how the right like to be fearful and twist facts to suit themselves

Old 07-29-2010, 06:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Roys, let it go. You've already posted in this thread 13 times. We get it, you love beck. Obama = bad has been beat into your head well. Most everyone else in this thread has a clue about his ways. All you are doing is making yourself, and the republicans look more and more ignorant with every post. If I got something from a right winger to the extent "Yes, i know beck is not fair and balanced, he just states his own agenda, but i still like his show" then i could have some respect for that.
People that defend him to the bitter end that he is fair and is speaking the truth are brainwashed fools.
I hope you aren't around when what he did today comes out beyond his show. Yes he exposed and exposed but not to people who need to see what he exposed.

I will mention some terms but I am restricted in what I can say about him so here goes. "Workers of the world, unite". That came from the Soviets but recently a well known union organizer said those very words. Beck likes to play the video where Andy said the words.

Manifesto of the Weather Underground. Why they ceased to exist years ago, right. Nope, too many of them are either in the government by appointment or because of where they are now.

Oh hell, why waste time with people who aren't smart enough to look beyond the crap of Media Matters, Think Progressive and their other buddies. You can't tell me anything he has said since the first of this year that wasn't true and it is that time in which the White House has become so afraid of him. MM tells you he is a liar and you accept. I guess that is much different than me believing him.

I haven't learned a whole lot about history from him this week but many of you could have learned a lot that progressives don't want you to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies