Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the current state of the U.S.-Mexico border a threat to the United States of America ?
YES 58 82.86%
NO 12 17.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
They did exactly what their corporate masters instructed them to do: LET THE ILLEGALS IN. They work cheaper than domestic labor.
In 18 months the Dems have done nothing so I guess they are also controlled by those corporate masters. No wonder so many of those guys are millionaires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 06:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I say no also. No terrorist have ever come from Mexico, but some have tried from Canada and most have come by air not land.
Your logic. No need for banks to lock the back doors. Bank robbers usually use the front door.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:21 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
If America wants a formidable and nonporus border we need to hire as consultants former members of the Deutsches Democratsche Republik (DDR) Staszi and the Soviet GRU. The former East German border ran hundreds of miles and was effective since only a few got through it in the 30 years it existed. Thousands tried and thousands died trying. Every part of this border was a kill zone and we could do a lot better than the DDR could do with rechnology. So lets make razor wire, guard towers and thousands of miles of raked gravel and electrified fences the first thing they think of when the word America comes to mind. Remeber happiness is a warm gun yeh.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:06 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi1 View Post
Someone has bitter feelings towards Mexicans.

Bitter feeling towards Mexicans and you base this on what ?

Old 07-30-2010, 06:05 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi1 View Post
i just love how the poll says there's only one way into the US and that's through Mexico
Where does it say that?

Old 08-02-2010, 05:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Good greif,
Prove what?
Your assertion.

Quote:
I just proved I can lead a donkey around w/o a rope!
At least you admit you were trolling. It was obvious.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:0...-Fail1.jpg&t=1

Old 08-02-2010, 05:48 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanalsLB View Post
I bet our Islamic enemies know about the easy entry.
This is one of my biggest fears, that terrorists will gain easy entrance and cause some real damage. what if they set up camp in Mexico an start training the Mexicans to be terrorists, just food for thought and a real possibility.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:57 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
If America wants a formidable and nonporus border we need to hire as consultants former members of the Deutsches Democratsche Republik (DDR) Staszi and the Soviet GRU. The former East German border ran hundreds of miles and was effective since only a few got through it in the 30 years it existed. Thousands tried and thousands died trying. Every part of this border was a kill zone and we could do a lot better than the DDR could do with rechnology. So lets make razor wire, guard towers and thousands of miles of raked gravel and electrified fences the first thing they think of when the word America comes to mind. Remeber happiness is a warm gun yeh.
Uhmmm The wall that seperated east from west Berlin was meant to keep people in.
Our wall is meant to keep illegals out. Last time I checked we as a nation have a right to do so.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:10 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Uhmmm The wall that seperated east from west Berlin was meant to keep people in.
Our wall is meant to keep illegals out. Last time I checked we as a nation have a right to do so.
Compared to the Armed Frontier along the DDR/BD border that ran from the Baltic shore to the Czech border the Berlin Wall was a cute piece of masonary. The US and other western powers called these barriers ugly scars across the heart of central Europe. They were viewed as the product of a security obcessed state that checked its human decency at the door. The human ideal is a world without borders where everyone can chose to live here or there. Just like modern Europe under the EU. I think the USA will pay a heavy price building the same kind of ugly scar across the American continent. Nothing will more mock the ideals we claim to have as a nation.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Compared to the Armed Frontier along the DDR/BD border that ran from the Baltic shore to the Czech border the Berlin Wall was a cute piece of masonary. The US and other western powers called these barriers ugly scars across the heart of central Europe. They were viewed as the product of a security obcessed state that checked its human decency at the door. The human ideal is a world without borders where everyone can chose to live here or there. Just like modern Europe under the EU. I think the USA will pay a heavy price building the same kind of ugly scar across the American continent. Nothing will more mock the ideals we claim to have as a nation.
Really? You don't think that elected officials prostituting themselves to criminals who have crossed our borders and remain here illegally for votes over the enforcement of current laws endangers the safety of this country and her citizens is a mockery of this nation's ideals and laws? You don't think that demands for amnesty by these foreign invaders waving the flag from their nation of origin on our soil mocks the ideals of this nation? You don't think the refusal to assimilate into the US culture and use the English language mocks the ideals of this nation? You don't think that violent gang members who have entered this country illegally, who have committed rape, murder, vehicular manslaughter, assault, identity theft are a threat to the safety of this country? Seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies