Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the media intentionally not use the word "illegal" when talking about the Arizona iss
Yes, it's part of their agenda to portary conservatives as racist 26 92.86%
No, it's no big deal the terms legal and illegal are interchabgable 1 3.57%
Not sure 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:38 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
hey is this fact that i just made up and pretended is a fact instead of an incredibly reductive opinion intentional?

dishonest threads 101
I do mostly agree w/ the OP but your point is very valid. Just as valid to ask the same about rightwing media(in a general sense).
Good call, we should always remember this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 06:39 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
I do mostly agree w/ the OP but your point is very valid. Just as valid to ask the same about rightwing media(in a general sense).
Good call, we should always remember this.
Rightwing media differentiates between illegal and legal, the msm does not.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:42 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I've probably seen 4 or 5 news reports over the last few days about the problem in Arizona and not one of them said "illegal" immigration/immigrants, but onbly used the term immigration/immigrants. I don't know anyone that has a problem with immigrants, we just want it to be done legally. So why does the media do this?
Yes, they just push their agenda by purposely distorting the news.

Its the for same reason why the health care bill was never refereed to as "the controversial" health care bill, or "the controversial" stimulus bill, every time they are mentioned, they way they do with "the controversial Arizona immigration law".

Old 07-29-2010, 06:48 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

Its the for same reason why the health care bill was never refereed to as "the controversial" health care bill, or "the controversial" stimulus bill, every time they are mentioned, they way they do with "the controversial Arizona immigration bill".
That's because the elite disagrees with it.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:05 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times
Quote:
No they do not; never. It's always, "The immigration bill in Arizona is...." the word illegal is never used, never.

[/end thread]

Old 07-29-2010, 07:05 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,167 times
Quote:
Rightwing media differentiates between illegal and legal, the msm does not.
within the convoluted ideological strand of thinking that you call a "fact" are several assumptions that you do not address, which is why i mock the thread titles.

first is the construction of a monolithic "liberal media" which has a singular narrative regarding immigrants regardless of legality.

second is the fact that it doesn't differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants, without any examples whatsoever.

name the media outlets that you think fail to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants, and then post a link to the stories where they do so. without any supporting proof or even the attempt to provide a source for your argument, your appeal to facticity is absolutely fraudulent. ironic considering your objection to the "liberal media" and its supposed distortions.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

Its the for same reason why the health care bill was never refereed to as "the controversial" health care bill, or "the controversial" stimulus bill, every time they are mentioned, they way they do with "the controversial Arizona immigration law".
Astute observation, I hadn't really thought about that.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post

[/end thread]
What does this have to do with the Arizona issue? I'm specifically talking about the illegal immigrant issue in Arizona.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,827 times
The "progressives" and the big businesses that use these illegals are "The Modern Day Slave Owners"!!

Old 07-29-2010, 08:30 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times
Quote:
What does this have to do with the Arizona issue? I'm specifically talking about the illegal immigrant issue in Arizona.
What does this have to do with the Arizona issue? Hmm last time I checked the issue in Arizona is ILLEGAL immigration ( a word you said they NEVER USED, NEVER), which brought about all the other issues from it (ie the bill in Arizona that is controversial. What does this have to do with the Arizona issue, it IS the Arizona issue.

Also either way you said the word was never used and I just showed you and everyone else that you didn't do 2 minutes of research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies