Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 04:45 PM

372 posts, read 221,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Medicare/SSI...soon to be 14.5%...keep that and the military in the budget and you can still kill half the spending in the budget. And keep the govt in its place.
Perhaps, but I have read Article I. Section 8 of the Constitution and see no provision authorizing a retirement scheme, so I say, axe them too (and I don't mean lodge a question with them).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 04:56 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyapproved View Post
Perhaps, but I have read Article I. Section 8 of the Constitution and see no provision authorizing a retirement scheme, so I say, axe them too (and I don't mean lodge a question with them).
LOL!!! Axe.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:16 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,304,635 times
Alright. A misanthropy and hate contest... something I'm actually good at.

Looks I have some strong competition with navyapproved here. Except I actually do hate everyone and everything, liberals and conservatives alike. Navyapproved, start hating conservatives and the entire existence of life... at least make things a little interesting for me. I'm bored being the only crazy one. I might be mentally ill for being a misanthrope and proud, but then again I hate myself too.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:14 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Saw View Post
That is all. Or is it?
Great, to the point post and thread. This is pretty much the crux of what MANY people are operating on.

It's gross.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:15 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post

Looks I have some strong competition with navyapproved here. Except I actually do hate everyone and everything, liberals and conservatives alike. Navyapproved, start hating conservatives and the entire existence of life... at least make things a little interesting for me. I'm bored being the only crazy one. I might be mentally ill for being a misanthrope and proud, but then again I hate myself too.
LOL! America loves you too!

Old 07-30-2010, 11:19 PM

372 posts, read 221,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post

I am sorry, well actually, not I am not sorry, but I can't engage in recreational hating. I despise the despicable, but only because it or they are despicable, but I love many things and people.

For example, when I see young people working so hard to become a good singer on American Idol, I love them. I love them for their effort, their determination and the beauty they bring.

When I see a Korean market, or a Cambodian donut shop, I love them for their effort and risk-taking, for their entrepreneurial commitment.

In short, when I see people exercising their, shall we say god-given abilities to make themselves, and hence the human experience, better off, I love it to death. It is a great thing to see people, envision, endeavor and succeed - simply marvelous.

However, when I see a bum on he street squandering his life, and trashing the place with his filthy presence, I despise him (or her).

When I saw skulls stacked like cannon shot at the hand of Pol Pot and his henchmen, I despise them (Pol Pot et al, not the skulls). I am not afraid to neither point out, nor despise evil and true wrongdoing.

I have my own religion so to speak. There are no saints, to diety, no angeles, but just three simple rules

1. Be good

2. Do good

3. Fight Evil

It works for me, because, in part, I am secure in my assessment of both good and evil. I know it when I see it, in both cases.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
You can hate my views i really don't care, i may hate your views, and truly disagree with the core of what you believe in. But i will not hate someone, just because of a feeling, we all have feelings, and we all have on our beliefs. No two people will ever agree, and come on now, we are talking about politics, they say, don't talk to someone about views on politics or religion. What i hate more is someone always starting a issue, that they know will fuel the fire, as in race issues, those i truly hate, or issues on gays.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:50 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,304,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyapproved View Post
However, when I see a bum on he street squandering his life, and trashing the place with his filthy presence, I despise him (or her).
Yeah, I hate that too. I walk around the streets of Boston, in front of every mini mart (like 7-11) there's a bum sitting there with a cup for change. And if you don't put out, they chase you down and start harassing you. Now it's to the point some will walk right up to you in a McDonalds or a Dunkin Donuts while you're eating looking for coins. The guy says he wants money for food, but then walks right out the door. Food was the other way buddy.

That's why I carry around nickels. They'll get about 15 cents and run off. It's 15 cents too many, but well... better that than quarters. It's called get sober and have your own job. I got a job and have to be responsible, why you got to be taking from me?

Old 07-31-2010, 05:58 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Saw View Post
That is all. Or is it?
Different, no. It's because they are wrong!

Old 07-31-2010, 08:16 AM

4,559 posts, read 4,100,992 times
I thought it was "I hate you because your political views are different and I am incapable of compromise" (and this goes for both sides)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies