Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2010, 10:23 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Leviticus 20:13 (New International Version)

13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Its either the indisputable word of God, and all in the Holy book should be followed, or its not.

And before the "Jesus changed" crap

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Jesus also said you should follow the laws of Moses, and thats all Leviticus is, one big Law of Moses.

You can't have it both ways. If you want orthodox Christianity followed, go kill some people.
Read some more. More importantly, read about the the Jewish synagogues kept trying to get Christ to defy the laws with their questions. He didn't come to abolish the laws, he came to fulfill them. We don't sacrifice lambs to God anymore to clean away our sins, why is that? According to your examples, we should still be doing such as it is the laws of the old testament? Why don't we? What purpose did Christ serve? Why are many of the old rules of conduct (processes of punishment/atonement) no longer applicable? Read what Christ and his disciples are saying and you will see, he did not come to dismiss them, he did not come to abolish them, he came to fulfill them.

Keep reading, and we can discuss some more. If you wish to argue over the Bible by selective quoting. Sorry, not interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 12:21 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Read some more. More importantly, read about the the Jewish synagogues kept trying to get Christ to defy the laws with their questions. He didn't come to abolish the laws, he came to fulfill them. We don't sacrifice lambs to God anymore to clean away our sins, why is that? According to your examples, we should still be doing such as it is the laws of the old testament? Why don't we? What purpose did Christ serve? Why are many of the old rules of conduct (processes of punishment/atonement) no longer applicable? Read what Christ and his disciples are saying and you will see, he did not come to dismiss them, he did not come to abolish them, he came to fulfill them.

Keep reading, and we can discuss some more. If you wish to argue over the Bible by selective quoting. Sorry, not interested.
They are still Christian laws.

Did you read the passage from first Corinthians I posted?

Thats the new testament, if I remember correctly. Jesus never said that the old laws were fulfilled or abolished either.

You can't have it both ways, its either

a. The word of God, that no one can dispute

or

b. Its not

Can't have that one both ways, I love how people try to change it. The old testament is in every complete Christian bible I ever read.

And the justification for not sacrificing anymore, is that Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice. So you don't have to do that anymore. That doesn't mean you don't have to follow the rules, that Jesus said to follow.

Many Christians are perplexed when they confront the issue of the Mosaic Law. How binding is the Law on the Christian? Some have said that Jesus abolished the Law of Moses. I would have to disagree, based on the following passage spoken by Jesus Himself:
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (Matthew 5:17)
Some have suggested that by "fulfil," Jesus meant "abolish." Indeed, "abolish" is one meaning of "fulfil," but it is also the only meaning of "destroy." So if He had meant "abolish," He might as well have said, "I am not come to abolish, but to abolish." We can assume, therefore, that Jesus meant, "to develop the full potentialities of" when He said "fulfil."

So why then do Christians not observe the Mosaic Law? The answer is that they do observe parts, but not all of it. Some parts of the Law were meant to be temporary, while others were intended to be permanent. This is seen in the fact that before Moses, the ancient Jews were not bound to the ritual commands (except circumcision). If this is not the case, then either God changes or the God of the righteous men and women before Moses was a different god. But this is absurd. We know that the God of Abraham was the God of Moses, and that He is our God today. The coming of Christ made parts of the Mosaic law unnecessary.

Interesting read.

http://www.hoshuha.com/articles/moses.html

And yeah, I've read the bible, I'm in the middle of the torah now. Work is slowing my reading down.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
They are still Christian laws.

Did you read the passage from first Corinthians I posted?

Thats the new testament, if I remember correctly. Jesus never said that the old laws were fulfilled or abolished either.

You can't have it both ways, its either

a. The word of God, that no one can dispute

or

b. Its not

Can't have that one both ways, I love how people try to change it. The old testament is in every complete Christian bible I ever read.

And the justification for not sacrificing anymore, is that Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice. So you don't have to do that anymore. That doesn't mean you don't have to follow the rules, that Jesus said to follow.

Many Christians are perplexed when they confront the issue of the Mosaic Law. How binding is the Law on the Christian? Some have said that Jesus abolished the Law of Moses. I would have to disagree, based on the following passage spoken by Jesus Himself:
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (Matthew 5:17)
Some have suggested that by "fulfil," Jesus meant "abolish." Indeed, "abolish" is one meaning of "fulfil," but it is also the only meaning of "destroy." So if He had meant "abolish," He might as well have said, "I am not come to abolish, but to abolish." We can assume, therefore, that Jesus meant, "to develop the full potentialities of" when He said "fulfil."

So why then do Christians not observe the Mosaic Law? The answer is that they do observe parts, but not all of it. Some parts of the Law were meant to be temporary, while others were intended to be permanent. This is seen in the fact that before Moses, the ancient Jews were not bound to the ritual commands (except circumcision). If this is not the case, then either God changes or the God of the righteous men and women before Moses was a different god. But this is absurd. We know that the God of Abraham was the God of Moses, and that He is our God today. The coming of Christ made parts of the Mosaic law unnecessary.

Interesting read.

Jesus and the Mosaic Law

And yeah, I've read the bible, I'm in the middle of the torah now. Work is slowing my reading down.
Read these, think about their relation to each other, what they mean and how they relate to what you are trying to say.

Hebrews 1:1-2
Jeremiah 31:31-34
I Peter 1:19-20
II Timothy 1:9
II Thessalonians 2: 13-14
Hebrews 5:1-10
Hebrews 7:12-17
Romans 7:7-13
Galatians 4:21-31, 5:1-4
Hebrews 9:16-28, 10:1-8
Matthew 5:17-18
Romans 10:4
Colossians 2:14
Ephesians 2:15
Hebrews 9:16-17
Exodus 24:8
Hebrews 10:9
Romans 7:4-6
Romans 7:1-4
Jeremiah 10:23
Galatians 5:3
Galatians 5:4
Romans 15:4
I Corinthians 10:1-12
Galatians 3:24-25

God makes a convenate with the iseralites, they break his covenate, Christ the Messiah comes, creates a new covernate with his death. Old law is important for teaching, for us to understand the mistakes made in the past. It is not irrelevant, it is different in that God had a different relationship and condition with his people back then. It was also, only his chosen people who were allowed such connection to God. With Christ, it opened up to all, a new agreement was made with God. His old laws are not gone, they are fulfilled and we are to obey the purpose of them (as Christ explains and his disciples in the new testament), but we do not follow the process of judgment and penalty as was defined back then. Read those passages and think along that theme and I think you will understand the difference between both religions and why the differ in process.

Last edited by Nomander; 08-04-2010 at 12:58 PM..

Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Read these, think about their relation to each other, what they mean and how they relate to what you are trying to say.

Hebrews 1:1-2
Jeremiah 31:31-34
I Peter 1:19-20
II Timothy 1:9
II Thessalonians 2: 13-14
Hebrews 5:1-10
Hebrews 7:12-17
Romans 7:7-13
Galatians 4:21-31, 5:1-4
Hebrews 9:16-28, 10:1-8
Matthew 5:17-18
Romans 10:4
Colossians 2:14
Ephesians 2:15
Hebrews 9:16-17
Exodus 24:8
Hebrews 10:9
Romans 7:4-6
Romans 7:1-4
Jeremiah 10:23
Galatians 5:3
Galatians 5:4
Romans 15:4
I Corinthians 10:1-12
Galatians 3:24-25
And the bible contradicts itself, all the time.

1KI 8:46 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man that sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captives unto the land of the enemy, far or near;

2CH 6:36 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man which sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them over before their enemies, and they carry them away captives unto a land far off or near;

PRO 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

ECC 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

JO1 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
JO1 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
JO1 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

JO1 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

A List Of Biblical Contradictions

Old 08-04-2010, 12:56 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:

1KI 8:46 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man that sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captives unto the land of the enemy, far or near;

2CH 6:36 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man which sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them over before their enemies, and they carry them away captives unto a land far off or near;

PRO 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

ECC 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

JO1 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
JO1 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
JO1 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

JO1 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

A List Of Biblical Contradictions

I don't know that I'd call a single one of those a "contradiction". If you actually read them in context you'd see that. But I don't think that's really your goal, is it?

Old 08-04-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I don't know that I'd call a single one of those a "contradiction". If you actually read them in context you'd see that. But I don't think that's really your goal, is it?
The bible contradicts itself. The previous poster was trying to point out that Jesus replaced God when born. I'm not refuting that.

Can anyone refute that Jesus said you were supposed to follow mosaic law?

I've asked questions, and y'all do side steps.

BTW, you never answered back, I proved to you that killing homosexuals is in the bible, you're going to remain silent on that?

Leviticus 20:13 Padre

Old 08-04-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I gave you answers, you are looking to argue. Sorry, said I wasn't going to do that. Your above a statement means that no matter what I provide, you can dismiss it.

Good bye!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I gave you answers, you are looking to argue. Sorry, said I wasn't going to do that. Your above a statement means that no matter what I provide, you can dismiss it.

Good bye!
No answers, you gave me contradictory statements from the bible, and ones that say that Jesus is God. Funny most were written by his followers.

It'd be like President Obama's cabinet members writing a book saying he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and we take that as historically accurate. LOL

Silly irrational people.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:19 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,628,678 times

This is between her and her God. But someone who has their eye on Christ and not "Christians" would not have this attitutde(s).

Old 08-04-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
This is between her and her God. But someone who has their eye on Christ and not "Christians" would not have this attitutde(s).
Galatians 6:1
Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

Having your mind on Christ is seeking to help others in their troubles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies